Magic : TG recap and plans for the future!

Started by Soygirl, May 30, 2005, 04:57:28 PM

Purefire

I have been out of the magic loop for almost 2 years now. I have a t2 deck, a phyrexian fling.

But Vlade there lost my scepters..... :stare:

Magic draft saturday, I might take a sneak by.
[/color][/i]

Zekke

Quote from: "VLADE"
Quote from: "Zekke"Assassin Games, Wheel decks, drafts... man I've been out of the loop for longer than I thought. Oh well, I'll bring my Goblin Flame, White Flyer and Flesh Eater decks. Old decks but they'll do. :)

alot of new players, not noob players just those that play t2 exclusivley, will be playing type 2 which is champion of kamigawa to dissension

I have no idea what you just said...

VLADE

they may be alot of players who play the format called type 2 where the two most recent sets plus any core sets, editions, the two newest blocks, consists of 3 sets, in magic is Champions of Kamigawa and Ravnica

OH WRAITH GOT PWNED

Purefire

What he means is most newer players don't know about playing type 1 with all the old stuff like Ice Age, and so on.[/color][/i]

Zekke

Ahh, thank you purefire, it helps if you speak english. :roll:

ChenCzen

I understood them both.

I play t2, simply because the cards I have are from the new sets since older cards tend to be harder to get/exspensive.

I get alot of grief from my friends who dont like playing against 'new cards' since they feel they are 'too powerful'.
Except for ending communism, slavery, nazism, and fascism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING!!

Zekke

:? Meh, ill just do the sealed, draft, whatcha-ma-call-it and make a deck that I can use.

lying is an art form

Whoot I'm pumped, as long as the draft doesn't coincide with anything else O_O

Oh wait, swap meet >< I'll try and float in between the two if both are still at their same locations from last year. Are they?
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

mDuo13

I had planned not to waste anime time playing M:tG, but if there's a draft, I'll drop in. I'll also probably get whooped being as I'm only passingly familiar with Ravnica (well, I did play two drafts one night about 4 or 5 months ago) and as for the other two sets in the block, I'm completely lost, but I'll give it a shot.

And, old cards are awesome but I'm not about to buy any. Got waaaaaaay too many things to spend money on at the con already. ;)

VLADE

this draft might go easier for me then expected, i know all the good cards for drafting and i know all the money cards out there, and the rulings for the cards help out too seeing as combo tends to be the game winner in draft most cases, if the right cards are pulled, i played a draft deck that had izzet guildmage and glimpse of the unthinkable, fi you dont know what it is think of me discarding ur deck and you try to draw but you lose, yay!!, some of the poepl here might draft but they dont know what so it should be ezier for those who know the set

OH WRAITH GOT PWNED

lying is an art form

Let's hope there's no rare-drafters >=(
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

rctan9

Quote from: "Itachi no Jutsu"Let's hope there's no rare-drafters >=(

lmao. I wanna rare draft.

Anyways, I only have one t2 uncompleted deck w/ no rares, and the rest is just casual gaming. I hope everyone brings their binder-o-rares/good commons/uncommons because I'd be more than happy to trade/buy.

mDuo13

<_<

>_>

I don't raredraft unless I have no idea what to pick.

In other words... if we're talking about guildpact whatever and dissention? That guy picking up all the rares might be me.

asterisk*

mtg!
im a casual player at most, and mainly collect cards :D
maybe i will stop by if people have cards for trade/to sell
---
no hope no future; life is just awesome
http://nhnf.deviantart.com
---

VLADE

oh i will bring my trade binder my crap rares, and the best uncommons and comons i have. but yea i dont rare draft unless each pack that no one takes that has tradeable cards ima pick up thats no doubt. i just hope the draft is Rav,Guild, and dissension

OH WRAITH GOT PWNED

rctan9

Quote from: "VLADE"oh i will bring my trade binder my crap rares, and the best uncommons and comons i have. but yea i dont rare draft unless each pack that no one takes that has tradeable cards ima pick up thats no doubt. i just hope the draft is Rav,Guild, and dissension

Yeah if the draft isn't either of those 3 I'm out lol.

lying is an art form

God I'm addicted to drafting now =/

I hope there's another draft next year with the Timeshift block =D

Anybody know a local FNM draft? I'm in the Hayward area.

koomori

so how about '07? I guess I'll plan on bringing T1 and T2 decks, and work on 'em, T2 should be Ravnica block, Time Spiral block, and Coldsnap...

serajwl

Quote from: "lying is an art form"God I'm addicted to drafting now =/

I hope there's another draft next year with the Timeshift block =D

Anybody know a local FNM draft? I'm in the Hayward area.

I dunno about that, but my friends and I make every friday the day we make a trip to Berkely for the FNM drafts. It's great fun.

Yo. I'm down for drafting. I'm not much for constructed, but I'll probably have a T2 deck made up by then for regionals.

I'm a casual player right now, but I'm fairly confident in my drafting. I might also get more competitive by fanime, so we'll see.

Either way, I'm down for playing some magic.

And is there gonna be only one draft? With the sets that were mentioned? I would really like to have a Timespiral draft. I very much enjoy Timespiral with drafting. or maybe we could just have 8 people bring four booster packs and then we can draft from there?

Is/are the draft(s) completely set up yet?

And deepbluevibes... I would be interested to see what you have for Ice Age.

lying is an art form

Is the Berkeley draft at Eudemonia?

I don't like Vintage/Legacy I feel that it's overpowered and not fun at all playing against someone who just goes "OK I drop all these expensive/rare cards and go infinite on turn 1. I win, thanks, bye, gonna go play someone else now". Same goes for Extended. The real game is in Standard, and I find it annoying when almost NOBODY plays T2 at Fanime. Whenever I asked someone to play this and last year, they would ask me what format and I'd say "T2" and they'd just frown and be like "Oh I can't afford T2 it's too expensive to keep up" and so I just go "Well just play whatever deck you want" and they start dropping P9 and crap :roll: Yeah T2 is too expensive for you since you wasted your money on Power 9...