Bad Things that Happened to You (at the con)-2006 ed. :D

Started by Jyunishinsho, May 31, 2005, 06:52:00 PM

CuteMew

I got HOPELESSLY lost on Friday looking for the convention center... :(  Wasting my boyfriend's gas and wasting our time/energy.. augh *stabs self*

Then during the convention, my friend lost his badge.  And then, right afterwards, it got stolen.  =_=  ON A SUNDAY EVENING!! WUT FUX!  I guess it didn't matter since he didn't go on Monday, but still.  9_9

Also, I never had a chance to buy stuff in the Dealer's room.. even though I was sitting right in front of it the whole time =_=;;;;;;;  And... I couldn't go to eat... or move... or anything.  *falls over*  And my mom made me leave @ 10:30 pm on Sunday so I couldn't go to Karaoke ;_;  Poop.  *whine whine whine whine*

animegirl2000

Omg , for me the worst thing was , I was cosplay on Saturday I think , and this short guy with a red ball on his hat comes up to me and asked if he could take my picture .

Then after he did he asked if he could give me a hug , I don't know why I let him , but it was sooooo creepy ,  when he was hugging me I could feel him breathing all heavy and stuff . and not only that but also when he was talking to me  he kept glancing at my chest  ewwww.

After that I saw the same guy doing that same thing to other girl cosplayers , it was so gross .

Moogleborg

Quote from: "animegirl2000"Omg , for me the worst thing was , I was cosplay on Saturday I think , and this short guy with a red ball on his hat comes up to me and asked if he could take my picture .

Then after he did he asked if he could give me a hug , I don't know why I let him , but it was sooooo creepy ,  when he was hugging me I could feel him breathing all heavy and stuff . and not only that but also when he was talking to me  he kept glancing at my chest  ewwww.

After that I saw the same guy doing that same thing to other girl cosplayers , it was so gross .

Did he look like this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Moogleborg/DSCF0667.jpg

That was me....sorry about that...I didn't mean to make you...or anyone else....uncomfortable...
Running on moé, 24/7/365.
Powered by Pokeshipping.
Enhanced by caffene.

Master Roshi

Over $400 worth of video camera/equipment stolen and little response from staff, security, policet, etc., etc. :twisted:

Piccahoe

2004.......my first trip to fanime....

I had a roommate who kept shouting random things in his sleep.....I didn't sleep that night....totemo kowaiii dayo!

I had to leave earlyso I didn't get to enjoy the last day of fanime.
"Its not that I'm smart, its because I (am able to) stick to the problems."

-Albert Einstein

Tuplica

Quote from: "CuteMew"Then during the convention, my friend lost his badge.  And then, right afterwards, it got stolen.  =_=  ON A SUNDAY EVENING!! WUT FUX!  I guess it didn't matter since he didn't go on Monday, but still.  9_9

When you say it was stolen... what do you mean?  Like, did it just disappear?  Regardless, always check lost and found.  Fanime attendees and staff are (or at least were) incredibly good about turning stuff in.  My best friend lost her wallet once, with ID and money and a passport and everything in it.  We were sure it was gone for good, but just for the sake of trying, we went to lost and found and poof! There it was.  Nothing was even taken out of it.  GREATEST THING EVAR.
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

Knightfire

Worst thing that happen to me is that I almost lost my Transformers poster O_O; Luckily, one of the shop keeps found it at their store that I bought Outlaw star from. Crisis averted  n_n Thanks to who found my poster again.

However, my friend who went on friday wasn't so lucky, some one swiped his video camea :cry:
Starting work for Fanime 2011

kam_islash

My opinion of a friend changed from respect to revolt.

I paid 20 bucks for a 4 pack of XS which Mister Chavez never delivered untuil the last day of fanime.

One day he said "I'll go get it" (from his room) 40 minutes later me and my pUerto Rican friend (codenamed Ataru) busted in his room and found him with 2 lolitas...IN HIS SKIVVIES!  Disgusting isnt it?

I had so much respect for the guy, too.

Got to admit it is cool how he converted a lesbian to a bisexual....

Other than that, I gave a way  so much pocky but didn't get a single date...:: sigh :: there's always next year
I want to express this undying passion with my entire body tonight.

Liars Dice

We was poor/hungry.
We had a sign that said, "will yaoi for cash."
Never again.

deepbluevibes

Sora

Not enough sleep. Slept through half of the cosplay competition last year because I was too tired. Missed out on watching all of Yaoi-con's first night of showing (as in Kyou Kara Maou!).
"Don't give me any orders."

protocol7

Quote from: deepbluevibes(removed per privacy policy)

Heh, you're lucky, I feel asleep in a hotel lobby chair by accident and when I woke up my pre-reg badge was gone.
FanimeCons resident zombie.
*I* MADE this happen!

Sora

Quote from: "protocol7"Heh, you're lucky, I feel asleep in a hotel lobby chair by accident and when I woke up my pre-reg badge was gone.

Ooo, sucky. I also had an unwanted fanatic (of the character I was cosplaying) who I had to try to avoid for the whole con (at least from after I met her anyway).
"Don't give me any orders."

Rette

I accidentally ran a red light getting to the con. It was a really weird intersection and it wasn't obvious where I was supposed to stop. Nothing happened but it was extremely scary.

I spent all of my money really early on, and that included my food money. Luckily my friend let me work her table on artist's row and she paid me in food.

I was mistaken for a guy a few times... but I guess that wasn't so bad because it just meant I was crossplaying well.... right? (delusional)

My two friends and I were going to go to the all night Bleach marathon and I was all ready to go and I couldn't find them ANYWHERE. They weren't answering their cellphones either. I missed the beginning of the marathon desperately searching for them and I found them in that dance area with two drunk girls. When I approached and tried to talk to them one of the girls started yelling "No!" as if I were going to steal my friend away from her. Needless to say, I was extremely pissed off. I ended up just going to my hotel room and watching Lord of the Rings.

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: "kam_islash"My opinion of a friend changed from respect to revolt.

I paid 20 bucks for a 4 pack of XS which Mister Chavez never delivered untuil the last day of fanime.

One day he said "I'll go get it" (from his room) 40 minutes later me and my pUerto Rican friend (codenamed Ataru) busted in his room and found him with 2 lolitas...IN HIS SKIVVIES!  Disgusting isnt it?

I had so much respect for the guy, too.

Got to admit it is cool how he converted a lesbian to a bisexual....

Other than that, I gave a way  so much pocky but didn't get a single date...:: sigh :: there's always next year

I was there that morning... Yea... That moment was mildly disturbing, now that I think about it... But was he really in bed with 2 loli? I thought it was just one... Or did the other one jump in after we showed up?

Meh... Who knows...
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Sygmus

I forgot to bring my Yu-Gi-Oh cards when I cosplayed as Weevil Underwood two years ago.  I also accidently missed Der Cosplay that year.

Kuari

While taking a group picture. A FF person "accidentally" stabed  me in the arm with thier wooden prop and I started to bleed. I had to leave the shoot and clean my arm. :oops:

FiliKlepto

My novel of a rant:

I ran out of time pre-con to sew my boyfriend's Urahara hat .  And I wasn't going to see my roommate again (who owns the sewing machine) until we were at the con.  Well, Thursday night, we get everything into the hotel room, stuff is all over the place, and we can't find the hat.  Friday morning, the hat turns up in the middle of the chaos.  We are in a hurry to stand get in line for a space at the swap meet, and my rush to sew it, I not only bend the sewing needle, but I jam up and break a mechanism in the (brand new) sewing machine. *dies*

So we go down to the swap meet, and my boyfriend is wearing the hat, which is not finished.  I just attached all the unsewn fabric with pins.  We wait in line for HOURS, and don't even get a spot in the swap meet.  So at 11PM or so, we drive to my grandmother's house, which is about fifteen minutes from the con.  Her Singer is older than my dad, and I had to use a foot crank type thing, which is really difficult.  After that failed, I switched over to the electric foot pedal, which was slightly broken and would stop every few stitches.  I finally got a system going, but it involved my hand getting really raw, and I ended up bleeding.   :(

Somewhere in the middle of that sewing time, I managed to break one of the ceramic fixtures on the sewing machine, but luckily my grandma had a spare.  That still doesn't change the fact that I somehow broke two sewing machines in one day.  At 1AM, though, the hat was finally done... And so was I.
I want death to find me planting my cabbages.
-----------------------------------------------------
Hey, you know Mop Head?  At the Fanime '04 Saturday gameshow?  I so totally named her.  ^^"

DarkenedWings

Two of my friends got followed by this one fanboy last year.  Luckily, we have a lot of friends at the con, one of which was a group of boys, who hung out with us at the dance to guard us from the guy.  (He'd snuck up on us for like the third time and joined our dancing circle without asking... not really insulting so much as just reeeally freaky.)

Eventually we informed con staff about it.  They were really nice and helpful.  Unfortunately, our description of the guy (he was a volunteer, scarily) matched some other poor volunteer guy... and one of the staff members pulled him over to us and was like "is this him?"

He looked so scared.  XD  I felt bad.  But he was let off the hook immediately.

Nezumi

it sounds like a lot of people lose their badges. i think i'm ganna have to be the badge guard and make sure any lost badges get taken to lost and found, and since i never sleep, anyone sleeping in lobby or such i will either stash in my room or tell them to tuck their badge away *nodnodnodnod* i'm WAY too hyper and awake! *bounces* can't wait till Fanime!!!!
it's better then breakfast!