Bad Things that Happened to You (at the con)-2006 ed. :D

Started by Jyunishinsho, May 31, 2005, 06:52:00 PM

Akaihari

Now all of china knows you're here

Zouri

Bad:
- I lost my necklace. (But it is being returned, so I'll only have to wait for a little while.)
- A lot of my friends left early, but there's nothing I can do about that.
- Threatened in E-Gaming room.
- Didn't have cosplay ready.  :cry:

Good:
- Everything else, pretty much.

What I learned: I need to be more careful with my stuff. I'm just lucky that my necklace was found. Oh, and to pack a little lighter. Carrying all my stuff was a bit of a pain.

Sora

I lost my comb. And, the bobby pins I was using to pin my wig went missing, except for one. Then, my costume started falling apart, as there was a big hole in the trench coat and one of the buttons on the belt fell off and went missing, while the other fell off on one side while on the other side it was still attached. Now, I can't find my jump drive! (which I brought to the con)

And, there was quite a bit of drama happening around me.
"Don't give me any orders."

Shi_Musouka

1. Some personal drama rose up and killed the happy mood.
2. Fan-Boy funk in the Dance rooms sucked. *pukes*
3. Missed out on good Masquerade seating because I arrived at my staff post late and didn't get a chance to reserve a Masquerade seat.
4. I wasn't able to spent a lot because I wasn't expecting such a high hotel tax so I ended up loaning more money from my parents.
5. I had a really bad stomachache when I left Masquerade. Even food didn't make it better.
6. My roomate's attempts to pack my room with unwanted guests to cut down on the hotel cost displeased a majority of my friends.
7. There wasn't a lot of good food. Eating nothing but noodles and McDonalds for 3 days straight sucks.

I'll edit later...

Jyunishinsho

My 2006 BAD Report:

I lost my pool cue and pool cue case.

My plans didn't go thru:
Fashion Show
Karaoke
GTL panel
Didn't "hang out" with Meli
Didn't meet up with Tearra

Loss of large amounts of money

Face is now messed up from Yaoi Pictionary

Back is too sore

My dark silver necklace broke

Didn't beat Akai Suzu

Didn't sing Akai Suzu

Malnutrition, but that's my fault. ^^

Gaia luck isn't so good

Oh well, there is always AX. This time, I won't plan to do anything.

Nanashi

Good:
-Me and my Ninja posse were Kickin' ass and Chewin' bubble gum (Running around and doing nothing, pretty much) on sunday and monday.
-We also got some fans, mostly female.

Bad:
-I think I might have given one of the girls the wrong phone number... X_X

If you saw a posse of 4-6 T-shirt Ninja's wearing rice-picker hats (except for one wearing a Coo's Cap and one wearing all white with a Dejiko Cap), then that was us.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Let's see:

-Eating 911 Challenge Chicken Wings and felt unconscious for a while!
-Perforiming in the DDR Freestyle Exhibition on Saturday and felt the 911 Chciekn Wing eruption.  I nearly barfed!
-Scraped my knees when spearing someone with a glomp sign...umm, spearing people does count as a glomp, right? :?:
-Lack of food.
-Spending over $350+ overall!  I went beyond spending limit.  Guess I have to pay my bills somehow. :(
-Lack of sleep!
-Being too late to compete in tournaments!  My fault for being last minute.

That is all for now.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Asa_Gohan

Lemme see....
-Lack of Sleep
-Lost my FLCL Beanie
-They lost my badge so I got the cheap one instead T_T

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

rctan9

Hmm...

-I wanted a plushie that I only saw at one booth for like $18, so as soon as dealer's room opened I sprinted there to get it, and 10 minutes later I found a booth that had one for $9...

-Everybody in my group EXCEPT for me wanted to leave the masquerade b/c of the long line, so I ended up MISSING it... That really ruined my Sunday.

-On Monday at the dealers room, I bought the whole set of KH figurines from Jungle Collecter's, and when I bought it I asked them if they would sell me their display case. They said yes, and to come back at 3 pm to pick it up. When I came back to pick it up, they gave me the display case with their old figurines in it, which is Bull b/c I specifically told them I only wanted the display case and NOT the figurines inside of them. I wanted my own seperate set of figures in their original boxes because I planned for it to be a gift, BUT now all i have are dusty alrdy opened ones.

Megumi

1) I was supposed to meet up with D-Hime who I met at tofu records forum at 1pm on sat. but I ended up forgetting and I felt hella bad.
2) Didn't make it into the finals for the karaoke contest, prolly cuz I was so worried about not making it without coreogpraphy and that I'd lose to the cute Chii chick...stupid me...
3) The thing that makes every girl wish they were a guy...
4) My shoes hurt like hell to walk around in....so half the time I was barefoot
5) People kept stepping on my gravity defying ribbons (I was lucus clyne for whoever wants to know) so it would hurt my arm like hell because i had them conencted to the rings which were secured on my arm with hollywood fashion tape, which is SUPER sticky and I got a really bad bruise due to people stepping on my ribbon.
5) While wearing my konoka costume outside, the wind blew a lot (classic Anime moment right there) and I had to do my best to hold it down ><
6) Every time I went into the hotel room i'd think I lost my key but it would always be in my purse wedged between something.
7) My voice got hella shot from screaming so much at Gakufest (I was in the way front, standing).
8) I coudln't get really good clear pictures at Gakufest ;_; but some is better than none...
9) I missed pre-reg for fanime '07 because i didnt' leave my hotel room till about 11 or 11:30 and didn't hear any announcement about it and then me and Joni Roketto Dan (Johnny rocket team-I call my friends and I since we eat at johnny rockets every year while at fanime, it's a tradition) went to johnny rockets for breakfast so missed pre-reg...
10)Coudln't find ANY of Tamaki Nami's NEW singles (they only had her new album. dammnit)
11) I cried SO HARD during the Fruits Basket AMV to the song "you'll be in my heart" that I didn't get to see the end of it (but then they reshowed it at the masquerade and I DID see the end cuz I didn't cry that time! yay!)

Yay! I finally got to post about horrible crap that happened to me at Fanime :D I shoudlnt' be happy about that...but it's fun to share the bad crap that went down.

Oopymmas2

I only lost my hotel room, which wasn't so bad, because I ran into a really sexy man, who I ended up hanging out for the rest of the con... *grins*

Rette

One of my friends started acting like a total asshole for no good reason what-so-ever.

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

otakuapprentice

bad things? hmm, let me see...

-missed the fanime BB dinner
-didnt buy alot of stuff in the dealers' room
-was dissappointed of the lack of Death Note merch. in the dealers room
-forgot to buy Dir en Grey concert DVD
-left toothbrush in hotel room
-missed SURVIVE STYLE 5+ and The Great Yokai War screenings in video rooms
-forgot to sing in the karaeoke room sunday night
-missed the GTL panel
-missed the 'whose line' show on saturday @ stage zero
-missed the Guilty Gear gathering, but was at the post-GG gathering, so that made up for it

...thats all i can think of at the moment
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

ZETA SHINTANi

I forgot to mention this:

I was in my cosplay as Ayame from Tenchu, and so this guy was like wondering if I was a ninja. He called out his three friends who were all girls and they all attacked me and pretty much raped me.

Bad idea.

My girl was there watching the whole ordeal and that basically ruined her whole night, watching me getting glomped to the floor by some random ugly girls.

Wish she knew that I had no planning in that...

LET'S HUMAN SEQUENCER THIS SH!T!!

XpHoBiaX

I sprained my ankle, and still can't walk. it may havea hairline fracture. It's blue and purple. o__o''

Funniest thing was that I was leaning on the opposite leg, and fell over on the left leg. XD I don't even know how that happened, I just suddenly lost my balance. I don't blame my platform boots though, cuz they didn't cuase the 'accident'. My ankle would have snapped if I had fallen in different shoes. I've never had that happen in those boots cuz I can dance, run and jump in them without getting hurt. I guess it was the 'ghost of sudden klutzyness'.

So yeah...i'm all "friggen owch!" But it was worth it!

mDuo13

Chun, I feel really bad that you didn't find a present for your sister. I meant to give you a donation for dancing or something (con staff be damned) but didn't really have money at the time I saw you. =(

milkmandan

got my ass totaly kicked in DOTA tourney.
boy that was an experience ;)

Chun

Quote from: "mDuo13"Chun, I feel really bad that you didn't find a present for your sister. I meant to give you a donation for dancing or something (con staff be damned) but didn't really have money at the time I saw you. =(

It's ok, don't worry about it. I ended up giving her a few trading cards and that card with the "Priss Trailer" on it. It was enough for her.

If no one has any idea what Duo is talking about, on Monday around 11AM-12PM, I was carrying a laptop with SOS-dan headband on, offering to dance for 1$ or teach it to you for 3$ total. It was an attempt to raise money so I could get a plushie for my sister (I forgot her birthday was the day after), but failed as the staff told me off in the middle.

I made only 3 dollars.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

alkaline

I actually had a really easy going time, but~

Bad
- Spilling a drink all over myself within the first 5 minutes of the "Damn You Internets!" panel, while trying to demonstrate to the audience what. . well, nevermind about that. I was sticky for the rest of the panel! Err. . right!

- Missing my spot on the "Your Princess is in Another Employment Line" panel by being too anxious to cosplay on Friday.

- Missing my chance to interview the Rooster Teeth guys for the above reason.

- Not being able to play a proper Makoto due to the gigantic radius of the 3rd Strike sticks.

Good

- This image answers most  :D

fanartist

Nothing really bad happened as far as I know, but there were some things I might have liked to change....

Bad Things:
1) I lost a sandwich to the fruit flies in the Artist's Row D:
2) During the dance on Sunday, a guy asked me to dance with him, and I sorta... ran away after a minute >>; (If you're out there, SORRY!! ;^; I'm not good dancing with strangers)
3) The batteries in my digital camera ran out on Sunday T^T
4) My large Bleach Movie poster sold for $40, but the fees added up to $45 (printing/gallery/other fees)

Good Things:
1) Actually made a profit on art sales :D
2) Ran around like crazy, thus getting lots of exercize
3) Played Houki Boshi on someone's keyboard, and people came by to listen.
4) First con EVAR and had SO MUCH FUN >w<