Bad Things that Happened to You (at the con)-2006 ed. :D

Started by Jyunishinsho, May 31, 2005, 06:52:00 PM

Sora

A really bad thing that happened was that a friend of mine and me got stuck with sleeping on the chairs in the Marriott, after the two guys sharing our room took over the beds and trashed the room. I think that the friend who got stuck sleeping on chairs like me got damn tired of the two guys and kicked them out this year. Good thing too. I wouldn't be able to stand sleeping on those damn chairs again. Got stupid neck cramps afterwards.
"Don't give me any orders."

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: "Edward Elric"A really bad thing that happened was that a friend of mine and me got stuck with sleeping on the chairs in the Marriott, after the two guys sharing our room took over the beds and trashed the room. I think that the friend who got stuck sleeping on chairs like me got damn tired of the two guys and kicked them out this year. Good thing too. I wouldn't be able to stand sleeping on those damn chairs again. Got stupid neck cramps afterwards.

Hey, are you the one that I got a group of people to sing to, but the person in the chair didn't wake up, even when we all were screaming/singing at the top of our lungs?

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Sora

Punkre

Hmmm things that i have lost...
1 Dear Friend
2 Badges
3 Days with out sleep
400$ and i cant remeber what i bought, yea i think i have alot of manga now, but i dont think it was $400 worth of manga...wait let me recheck my invitory for what i bought.
Well this year should be better, im going with a new group of friends and hopefully wont lose what precious little sanity i have left,
Anime>Video Games>Real Life

Why do i fall in lov with every girl that pays the littlest bit of attention to me?

Saffy

Freak danced at Club Fanime.

I'm sorry.

Also, blew cash on goods I knew were overpriced, like $15 for an item that went for about $7 in Japan later that summer...

Exhibited strong antisocial qualities during the con. Did the same the year before.

Apparently, abandoned Rette. U_U Didn't know about the "No!" thing, sounds kinda funny now.
POCKY
Because you never forget your first box.

GIANT POCKY
Because some like it harder, better, faster, stronger

Images coming soon!

the_Pink_Panther24

After reading a few posts, i regard the SJ convention center (or atleast its stairwells) haunted. I, ALSO, fell down a small flight of stairs at fanime. it hurt.
ohhhh was there whining.
my poor room-mates. <3

ROBO

ahhhhh lets see bought somethin+turned around+dropped it= it broke

lost a girlfriend do to the fact that there was a girl moaning my name in the backround while i was on the phone with my gf....sux
Hey Noukka! Thats MY buritoo

Nyxyin

Quote from: "ROBO"lost a girlfriend do to the fact that there was a girl moaning my name in the backround while i was on the phone with my gf....sux
LOL!  I'm sorry, but that's hilarious!
Besides, if she's that petty, you're way better off without her.

pockystix

I came to Fanime... alone. For 3 days. :cry: At the tender age of 13.

There were some nice people I made casual talk with, but that's about it. I planned to meet with a friend, but she had to leave early and I didn't even leave the house yet because my brother dragged us behind.

That was the first time I went to Fanime, though. :o
New sn = Meirin

Rapture7thHomunculi

1. Spent four hours in the Dealer room, circling it, got ladden with tons of bags and almost died because it really was a LOT of bags.

2. Was forced too bring a friend who never left me along, wouldn't stop talking, bought the same things I did in the Dealers room, kept all my other friends away from me because she was annoying.

3. Paid WAY too much for an Edward Elric plushie but the guy was too convincing.

4. Bought four wonderful yaoi doujinshi of FMA with Havoc/Ed in it, but they all got taken away by my aunt and I never got them back. Thankfully she didn't tell my mother (who doesn't know about my thing for Yaoi) about it.

5. Had too keep going too the ATM's again and again and again and again like the Energizer bunny. ATM's also refused too give me my money. I have no idea why, (hotel) staff didn't do much when I complained.

6. Saw tons of cute guys but was too scared to strike up a conversation. (I was dissapointed in myself because of my shyness. It counts.)

7. I didn't originally intend too go too Music Fest so I didn't have time too change clothes and looked like I just crawled out of a dumpster. I rushed down too the auditorium and then waited in line but then the guy told me I needed my badge, which I didn't know. I had too run up too the hotel again, and then run over the tracks (scared too death that a train would kill me) and get into the auditorium. Doing all of this on an injured knee, I felt like I was going too die by the time the concert started. Didn't have enough money too buy ZZ stuff when I got there. The Mosh Pit was fun but the next day I couldn't walk right...

8. Couldn't go too the rave because my friends were too tired and I wanted too stay (and I'm the one with the bad knee. Ironic much?) but I wasn't going too stay there by myself so I left with them.

9. Staff person was cold too me. Why? I have no idea.

10. Had to leave Sunday afternoon when I wanted too stay till Monday.
Without simplicity there would not be creativity. So stop complainning.

"Yes, I'm a girl, if you've got a problem with that, don't be surprised if Kitsune_shadow pwns you at Resistance: Fall of Man. Yeah."

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: "the_Pink_Panther24"I, ALSO, fell down a small flight of stairs at fanime. it hurt.
You're not the only one... >.> Man, the stairs are slippery in the auditurium where the cosplay was at... >.>
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Sora

I just thought of something else that was bad that happened last year:

The guy who was supposed to be bringing my costume turned up late at the meeting place, which, in turn, made all the rest of us late. Then, I find out that the the sleeves on the gi were too damn long! Every time I sat down I would sit on them! It seriously got on my nerves after a while.

Megumi

Well, it's not too bad, but I lost the booklet from my L'arc en ciel first time mariner DVD that has all the lyrics ;_;

Kazuko

x: i got glomped and fondled in the upper area at the same time

i call it glomondled

D:< it wasent cool on my part

and I lost a blue barret T^T

mDuo13

My bike lights got stolen. Different lights, two different consecutive days.

Aside from that, I don't think all that many bad things happened to me at the con. Well, I guess I lost my 2005 badge, but it was sometime on the way back from the last day or something, so I never needed it again. Oh, and I got a little depressed at how few new people I met last year, after having such high hopes. In retrospect, that wasn't even true!

Although I think my bank account would attest to something bad happening to me at Fanime every year.

Liars Dice

[this year friday] My mom made me go home at 2:00pm.
T_T.
I was supposed to stay.

ILuvHeijiHattori

I fell off Stage Zero today trying to race people into singing Simple and Clean T^T

Karisma Black

I spent $93 on a costume which no one took a picture of.
I got ditched and ended up curled up in the internet cafe at 1:30 am.
My sister attached herself to another random guy just like last year.

All in all... so far it is suckage.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Karisma Black"I spent $93 on a costume which no one took a picture of.
I got ditched and ended up curled up in the internet cafe at 1:30 am.
My sister attached herself to another random guy just like last year.

All in all... so far it is suckage.

>.> I told you in chat that if you ever needed company, you could call me...

(disclaimer: gmontem if you make a smartass remark, i'll have kazuko kill you by purikura >.>)
epic progressive

vox

uBerLyNuMB

I made new friends! =D

But didnt get enough time to get contact info -________-;;;
When i was a kid, i used to pray for a new bike every night. but then i realized God doesnt work that way. so i stole a bike and asked God to forgive me.