Bad Things that Happened to You (at the con)-2006 ed. :D

Started by Jyunishinsho, May 31, 2005, 06:52:00 PM

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Well, I could list some bad things, but they were mainly personally ones that were a bit wee silly (/gg drama at a con...waste of time and interfers with con fun) =P

The only few bad things that happened to me was: Not eating enough, resting often and getting sick. Getting sick by sunday sucked hella hardcore. First time i've gotten sick at a con too lol, but by monday, I was "done".

Now, on the sick thing, either my eyes deceived me or what, but I noticed quite a few people getting sick. Something in the air perhaps? I know a few of my staff got sick and anyone entering E-Gaming areas kinda looked sick.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Gwydion

Only bad thing really ('sides not having a room thanks to not finding anyone to go with me ::pouts::) was I lost my old badges from 03 and 05 when they broke off the string they were clipped to. Knew I shouldn't have kept them on the same plastic tag, as it was 3-4 years old. So that's really my fault.

But...did anyone find old badges with the fan name of Gwydion on them? Anyone? ^^

Mijuku

I remember someone finding an old badge by video room 1, it was an '05 con badge.  Did you try checking ConOps?

Nina Star 9

a lot of people were standing on my costume. ;_;

Barnes

-My ankles have been hurting since Saturday. They still hurt now. I'm grabbing some ice.
-My roommate left me behind to take care of our bags and stuff (he went to the SSBM tourney, which I dropped out of). That made me :evil:  Ugh.
-Half the stuff I wanted to do I either had to cancel or arrive late for cause of my rommates and meetings and the like.
-I was rude to someone on Stage Zero and I owe her an apology. I wasn't thinking good at the time and I regret saying it ](*,)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

AnimeEmperor

Bad:
-My sunglasses may have been stolen by hotel maids (still unpacking, but doubtful i'll find them).
-I missed "Hot To Talk To Girls" which I feel I really needed to go to.
-I missed the Detective Conan movies I wanted to check out because I fell asleep watching Bleach.
-On the last day I awoke screaming due to an extremely intense leg cramp thanks to a busy night before.
-I woke up my roomies with previously mentioned screams.
-I didn't talk to an Envy I liked as much as I wanted.
-I didn't get to touch a girl.
-I didn't buy any DVD's.
-I paid $4 more on a Kakashi plushie than I had to.
-I only ate stale peanut butter sandwhiches and pringles the entire con.

Good:

-I was at Fanime 2006

100% BEEF

the bad:
-no GGXX tourney
-missed the GGXX gathering
-my group and I only wore our GGXX cosplays one day
-got dragged into retarded late night antics, lol :?
-annoying weapon policy

the good:
-Fanime '06 kicked ass overall
-fairly well organized con
-game room had import Samurai Spirits and GGXX/ arcade WOOT! :D
-pretty much zero drama with all my roomies

On a side note, was the stalking issues really bad this year or is this the norm for Fanime? It seems like there are a lot of complaints.

platinum edge

Good things that happened:
-  Actually had pictures taken of me this year (went as KH1 Riku).
-  Got to talk with the Kwoon/Undercut people.
-  Got picked as a volunteer out of the crowd at the Stunt Demo in the Artists' Gallery.
-  Hung out with my friends.
-  Saw a few Fanime board members (Ryu, gmontem, ect...)

Bad things that happened:
-  Missed out on the KH gathering because I was making the Riku costume.
-  Got jumped/bum-rushed by a group of fangirls because of said Riku costume.
       -->  said group swarmed in a mass of ~10
       -->  said group had BO to the point that I couldn't breathe (SHOWERING AT LEAST ONCE A DAY NEEDS TO BE A RULE AT FANIME!!!!!!)
       -->  the group scared me and the general population
-  Injured myself trying to escape from said rabid fangirls...bad times...
-  Forgot to bring my camera...nuts...
-  Accomplished no work during Fanime (I am so royally screwed these next few weeks).
-  Missed out on a couple of pannels...

But overall, it was fun.  Hope to be back next year.
Always chase after your dreams, and never forget why you are pursuing them.

Finni

As an artist in the Art Row, I figured leaving a paper guestbook in the room overnight would be safe, as it really was just a sheet of paper that I asked people to leave their websites and doodle on.  I came back to find that someone had ripped a big chunk of it out.  Fun.
Cosplaying in knee-high boots that aren't mine resulted in several new ankle scars.  Fwee.  It might be because I tried playing Twister in them.
[size=10]Fanime'06 :: Hinamori Shinigami-academy (BLEACH) :: Acolyte (Ragnarok Online) :: Sasori (Naruto) ::

zoupzuop2

I ended up withdrawing all that I had in my name. All $130 of it.
Needless to say, I was silent for the last two hours of the con before I had to make my way back to the Diridon Station.

Things I need to do next time:
    *Make more Friends (easy as long as the forums stay up)
    *Make more Money (BIG ONE!)
    *BRING more Money on hand
    *Buy more
    *Research more animes.
Other than that... it was an excellent first con. If I can (more likely now, since I'll be getting a job this summer), I'll work on coming again next year!
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

YoureMyHiro

Only really bad thing that happened to me con and it was a first for me was being physically threatened for winning in the E-Gaming room.

Magical Senpai

-Fanime 06 Butt Racing Grand Prix didn't work out as well as I hoped.

-I hurt my foot on Sunday night, so most of monday was spent limping around the con.

ZETA SHINTANi

On the Friday night dance, I was breaking in the circle my friend (Emerge) and I made. I was pretty sloppy... thought I'd do better.

This guy also kicked me when we were doing capoeira. Didn't know how to really play capo  :cry:

LET'S HUMAN SEQUENCER THIS SH!T!!

mDuo13

- I spent a couple times as much on food than in the dealer's room. >_<

- My badge fell off in the dance. However, it appeared at Con Ops just a couple hours later, thank goodness. My friend's badge, which vanished around the same time or maybe a little earlier, sadly did not.

- I kind of botched my cosplay on Friday by not having the right color hair. I fixed it for Sunday and Monday though. (I was in street clothes on Saturday.)

- I didn't manage to play anything in the tabletop gaming room, which was a favorite hangout in previous years. I guess that's mostly because this year's was in an awful room.

In other words: very few bad things.

Emerge

left my toothbrush/toothpaste in hotel room -_-;

Elysium

I'm afraid I'm one of the unlucky people whose digital camera batteries died during the con. Luckily, I only had to wait 2 hours for it to fully charge again!

The elevator lobby on the 2nd floor of the hilton smelled like dirty sock and ass by the 3rd day. I almost vomited...

Other than that...being groped up the wazzuu by rabid fangirls at the yaoi bingo/pictionary... but that was kinda fun!

Mordyan

The only bad thing that happned to me was that the shoes I was wearing for my cosplay gave me a huge blister on the bottom of my right foot. I spent 2 days limping around the con.

Other than that it was awesome.

Elysium

Quote from: "Mordyan"The only bad thing that happned to me was that the shoes I was wearing for my cosplay gave me a huge blister on the bottom of my right foot. I spent 2 days limping around the con.

Other than that it was awesome.

Come to think of it, I had the same problem. My boots were used for both my male and my crossplay outfit. BOY HOWDY!!! does the back of my foot hurt. Ya'know, right above your heel where your tendon is? Rubbed off raw. I know now that I'll be getting one of those blister pads that prevent that kind of stuff...

Kazuko

x: i thought of more bad things that happened~

-Half of my money was stolen >____< I was so maaaaad OMG im glad they didnt steal my credit card

-I got a a bruise on my thigh for no reason x:

-I didnt get alot of sleep XD but that normaly is expected

-I almost threw up after eating x:

DayDreamerNessa

the worse was --> -stalkers, one guy in particular really creeped the hell out of me, especially since he'd come up to me when my bf was away from me and try to talk to me. There is a serious need of a panel that informs people how to be at conventions ie: be curtious of everyone, don't stalk people, and take showers etc....

-wore heels the entire weekend

-one of my cosplays gave me a huge bump on the top of my head and is still there ~_~
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++