Forum Badges

Started by Ruby, June 01, 2005, 01:23:48 AM

Ruby

Next year, for online registration or something..there should be another badge you can have for a [small] fee which specifies if you're from the Fanime Forums or not, and it can have your username and stuff on it. ^^ That way we can spot fellow forum members. I dunno, I think that'd be cool, other than just having random forum members making them all on their own. o.O; Though, that was nice too. *nods* I'll keep my badge Ambrosia made for next year.
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

Zain

We were actually throwing around the idea of a special dedicated "fan" badge for people who show Fanime some extra love (in non-monetary ways, like forum access and other stuff)... But eventually we decided that the logistics of it would be too much trouble. Getting all the names, matching them up with registrations for badges, people who claim they should've had a forum badge and they don't... Just not worth it :(
2007 Staff (Facilities, IT, Website, Publications)

Tony

I like this. We're overhauling the registration site over the next month or so... maybe we can put this in...

We're also considering letting you choose from a batch of art for your badges as well.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Tsubasa

If this happens, lets hope the markings are distinct and very noticable.  If that's the case, I'll probably skip out on making forum badges for next year.  If they aren't that easy to spot, I think there will be a return of Tsubasa brand forum badges. =P
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

scsa20

Quote from: "Zain"Getting all the names, matching them up with registrations for badges, people who claim they should've had a forum badge and they don't... Just not worth it :(

Actually, what you could do is in the registertion progress, add a section that ask if your a member of the forums, and if so what's there username and ask if they would like to have a badge for it and such.
GTL Video in the makes!  Check the GTL forums.  My site well also have information on it when it's avaible!

Jelly Soup

While we are talking about badges, why not have a contest for badge art?

Suspicious

Ooops.. I feel like an idiot. I posted a similar idea in Things in the Universe about this because I did the same exact thing two years ago.  Oh well, less work for me.
»Jrock Con »LJ »MySpace »Website

lying is an art form

Quote from: "Jelly Soup"While we are talking about badges, why not have a contest for badge art?
OMG! Definitely! Well, I'm not that great an artist but I do some average Photoshop stuff. Haha, well my banner was Photoshopped though I rushed it (took me like 10 min to slap on those images and stuff because I wanted a fast banner for the forums).
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

GokuMew2

I don't know who made them but I know Ryu was passing out some little pieces of paper to stick on your badge that says "Fanime Forums" this year. I thought it was pretty cool but it didn't really do anything since I wasn't approached by any forum people. .^^;

But ya, this is a cool idea!
You can just have special stickers that people can stick on their badge or something if printing an entirely new badge is too troublesome.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Spiritsnare

If we were to have special forum badges, should we have a bit of a prerequisite placed on them, to make sure random people signing up and not posting just for the forum badges won't get them? Like, for example, 50~100 posts?

But other than that, this sounds awesome. If this indeed becomes available, will it be available during and for members of group registrations?

edit: and I can and will kick ass in a badge art contest if there actually is one :3
epic progressive

vox

YoureMyHiro

I actually took the badge art that was made this year and made a sticker out of it big enough to fit my badge.

MeliCat

I'd love to be able to choose the art on my badge. I got lucky this year with the hot guy in the head phones, but I saw some undesirable badges floating around.

Tuplica

I also like the idea of getting to choose your own art.  The art has always been so random whether it's official stuff or Fanime-specific stuff.  But if it's not possible, that's okay too...  *keeps her badge in her bag anyway until she needs to use it*
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

Ari

(Not trying to rag on anyone) But if i remember correctly there was already a thread with this name. And there actually was a picture of the badge that they might use, the one with like the black cat from Vash..? Anyone? But i think the badge art contest would be hella cool as well.

Tuplica

Quote from: "Ari"(Not trying to rag on anyone) But if i remember correctly there was already a thread with this name. And there actually was a picture of the badge that they might use, the one with like the black cat from Vash..? Anyone? But i think the badge art contest would be hella cool as well.

...Kuroneko-sama?

*mind blanks* *zombie mode* *obsesses over the concept for the next few days*
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

The-O

I'd have to agree, it sounds like a great idea. The only downside would be we'll have an interesting time pointing out fake badges.
The-O Network Online Executive Editor
Con Reports, Photos, News, Interviews, Reviews, and more!
www.t-ono.net

Nikore

I absolutely fricking adored some of the badges, (The ones by young wang specifically,  bless him) but I was really dissapointed in others I saw. Maybe keep the badges consistent with one another as far as art style goes?

Maybe hand out a sticker for the badges for the forum memebrs, just a geneeric "Fanime Forums" thing, that way you dont have to personalize them in any way.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Nikore"Maybe hand out a sticker for the badges for the forum memebrs, just a generic "Fanime Forums" thing, that way you dont have to personalize them in any way.

I think that'd be more feasible than individual forum badges. This should be done if we're not getting the individual forum badges, actually.

You could just ask for a sticker at the time you obtain your pre-registration badge, or at certain approved forum-member-manned Artist Row locations.

That's another thought: is it okay to reserve an Artist's Row table just as a rendezvous for forum gatherings, or do you really have to sell art? ^^;
epic progressive

vox

Akito Starwind

ok badges would be cool with your own picked out pic on it, but I dont know about other fans, I just love the wait on thrs night to see what your badge looks like and such. Its kinda a Fun suprise.
Dealers Room Staff 2004
Dealers Room Staff 2005
Dealers Room Staff 2006
Dealers Room Staff 2007
Dealers Room Staff 2008

Suspicious

I wasn't going to drag this up, but a lot of you newer people don't remember this.  2-3 Fanimes ago, I made and passed out these.

I basically took requests of what image they wanted and etc, printed it out on photo paper, laminated it, and stuck it in a card sleeve so it wouldn't hurt people (I ended up making the badge a smidged too long and the edges stuck out and cut peoeple anyways.. those were sharp little things).  I ended up making about 20 badges in total.

Ahhh~ the good ol' days where Ryu only had 2000 posts.
»Jrock Con »LJ »MySpace »Website