Did you bring enough?

Started by dealerJason, June 01, 2005, 02:21:17 PM

deepbluevibes

(removed per privacy policy)

Shi_Musouka

Sadly, I did not have enough money for Fanime 2005 because I ended up spending half of my money on my ex-bf(he was my bf at the time of the con) because he forgot to bring his money and I only bought:

2 Fruits Basket manga($16)
1 FMA scroll($12)
2 cloth Naruto headbands($20)
2 metal Naruto headband($20)
and a few bucks worth of arcade tokens.

I bought my bf a cloth and a metal Naruto headband. He still hasn't paid me back, but whatever... that's what relationships do to your walletU_U.

Whatever was left, I used it on food since I was there all day. Overall, I brought around $75 worth of money and was completely burnt out at the end of the day(I only stayed for one day on a Sunday).

ILuvHeijiHattori

I only brought 40 bux.... Im that cheap. This year I'll bring 120 bux.

Last year, I bought 1 Case Closed DVD, and an InuYasha coloring book. I teh suck.

Tsukai Mori

This year I'm bringing about 120 dollars and I also hope to get rid of some of my games if anyone wants a Tales of the Abyss etc, etc..

Sunara Ishi

I only brought about 60 for all 4 days since I was saving 50 for a great america trip that never happened or so I was told. #.# I spent most of it on an arcade stick.

I'll be lucky to have the same amount this year but I'm sure most will go to room costs. T.T Hopefully next year I'll have more.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Sora

Definitely not enough. How can any amount be enough?! I still had a ton of stuff I wanted to get. I got a State Alchemist pocket watch, and some stuff I don't quite remember. I have stuff that I get and never remember which con I got them from, sadly. I know I got some doujinshi there.
"Don't give me any orders."

Jyunishinsho

First time I ever went to a convention and came out with more money than coming in.
How I got the money....eh....I'll leave it to you to think about it.

NERDglasses

I think I brought enough, but I'm planning on bringing more this year.

I brought $100 last year and had I think $20 more or less left over.

I bought:

Domo-kun T-shirt
FLCL T-shirt (got a free 'P!' sticker! score!~)
2 ZZ CDs (Definitive Energy Flow and A to ZZ w/ DVD both signed ^__^'')

I wanted to buy more, but I can't seem to not have at least $100 in my wallet. Therefore, I didn't spend all of my $100 Fanime money.. -_-''
"You can fall in love many times, so don't waste time over a broken heart. Life happens once." -Dia Frampton :)

FanFicGuru

I spent 700 dollars last year and I still don't feel like I brought enough. ^_^

That's why I'm bringing more like 1000 this year.

Hopefully I can get all the stuff I have on my list. I will be going for harder to get items unless I find a really good deal on a box set I'm looking for. So, yeah.

Rock on!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Sora

I don't think $1000 will be enough either. It's never enough, u know?

Absolute0

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Edward Elric"I don't think $1000 will be enough either. It's never enough, u know?

w3rd
Swap meet staff - 2014

Sora

Well, that's what I've heard anyway, that you can never bring enough money to buy the stuff you want (not sure if that's completely sure).

Just Jon

I brought roughly $150-$200 to Fanime last year. (my friends called me a "big spender") To break it down, this is what I got:

Gaia online poster (W00T!)
Naruto wall scroll
Various manga (3-5)
A few DVDs (one or two)
L'arc en Ciel album SMILE :D

What I still wanted to get:

MORE MANGA!!!
MORE WALL SCROLLS!!!
MORE DVDS!!!
MORE CDS!!!
etc., etc...

Rette

I brought over $200 and spent basically all of it on Saturday on swords (best purchases ever), manga, two Bleach posters and a couple of Renji mini-figures... I didn't eat for days xD

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: "Edward Elric"Well, that's what I've heard anyway, that you can never bring enough money to buy the stuff you want (not sure if that's completely sure).
Well yes and no. It's not that prices are so ugly....it's just that there's so much STUFF. I mean we have an ENTIRE room filled with stuff for anime, along with weapon stuff. The problem is that we're more limited in funding....it's like getting into manga for the first time and walking into like a major bookstore or something. It's hard to have enough with the wonderful selection that we have.

FanFicGuru

Again, that's why I'm bringing 1000 bucks.

I can get my fill of shirts, wall scrolls and DVDs while I'm there.

I'm going to save a hundred or two to buy manga though, probably at borders if they have the buy 3 get the 4th free.

I can get like, 24-28 volumes for about 200 bucks when that's happening. ^_^
Swap meet staff - 2014

Ayanami Rei First Child

Pisht. I saw $3 manga on monday. That TOTALLY beats your get something free deal. Also there's the local comic shop in Oakland that sells manga for 25-35% off with manga every few months, so that's no biggie to get a 4th manga free ^^;

otakuya

Quote from: "Jyunishinsho"First time I ever went to a convention and came out with more money than coming in.
How I got the money....eh....I'll leave it to you to think about it.
Two words: swap and meet.  8)

I don't remember how much I brought last year, but it was enough. I didn't buy much, if at all. I spent more on food than anything else, too. I liked the chili dogs in the dealers room...

Sora

Gotta bring lots this time. Lots and lots. Since there's a ton of stuff I want to get. Then again, I may get some extra selling at Swap Meet.