Did you bring enough?

Started by dealerJason, June 01, 2005, 02:21:17 PM

Shinsengumi

I'll have around $300 again this year like last year.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

otakuapprentice

i'll have at least $200 bux for this year, which is twice the amount of what i had last year. hopefully i will find some stuff i am really looking for, and also try to get out with a little bit of money....i still have to make sure i can get back home.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

uzutake

Well, the most I had was about $40 for 2 days. Spent half of it on FOOD. >.>

Then bought some manga my sisters kept begging for, a poster of Naruto, a poster of FMA, and a poster of Grim Tales from Down Below :D

I'll be definately saving up money for next year's con >.<!!!

otakuapprentice

i hope there is some better stuff in the dealers room next year. having said that, aside from the money im going to spend on a room, i'll try to have at least $500-1000 dollars for 2007.

Sora

Not enough. I bought more for others than for myself. There was still too much stuff I wanted to get, but I ran out of money. :(
"Don't give me any orders."

Jyunishinsho

Not this year.
Personally I spent $50+ in the arcades alone.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Yeah I stayed away from the arcades, not worth my money when I can go play a console game for FREE! ^^;

I DID bring enough, but I didn't see two things I really wanted: 1. Fanime T-Shirts (If Anyone has an XL Fanime 2006 T-Shirt for sale please let me know) and a polearm >.<

Pretear2004

I'm really hoping that they have D.N. Angel stuff....I can never find those things. I've been to so many conventions and its always the same: either playing cards, or star tin can (unless it was something really small like pencils or buttons). I'm hoping to spend no more than $500. I really hope it won't be anymore than that.... (Note to self: LEAVE CC IN HOTEL ROOM. LOCK IN SAFE IF NEEDED).

disbemrj

I did not bring enough money last year. It was all gone in less than 3 hours, all $200 of it.  :cry:

Stormfalcon

IMO, there is never such a thing as enough money for a dealer's room.  There's always going to be something screaming for your hard-earned dough, even after you've bought a metric ton of merchandise already.

That being said, I didn't bring nearly enough on account of having moved recently and the expenses of that massacring my disposable income for some time.  Hopefully, I'll have a decent amount for next year though.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

billgoku

I spent almost 600 dollars in figures(mostly figures) and other things and I know there were tons of other things I wanted. I could have spent twice that much if I really didn't care to be broke for the next two weeks, so I stopped myself. Now, next year, I'll have a lot more than I did this year....hopefully.
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

Raydere

I didn't bring enough moneys for Ouendan 2. T.T
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

abcbadcat

Aside from the admission (pre-reg) I spend about $15 at the arcade, $15 on a wooden sword, $15 on a shirt, and about $20 for food/drinks.

There weren't many thing I really wanted but I want to get a cool hat next year... I just need to get one thats a little bigger than the regular hats to fit my big head.

Those hats are so cool :3

DshadowSakura

Quote from: dealerJason on June 01, 2005, 02:21:17 PM
So, did you bring enough money to FanimeCon 2005?

If yes, what couldn't you find?

If no, what did you spend all your money on?

dealerjason
1. YEs
2. Not enough gloomy bear stuff =[
3. Art stuff <3 posters fan art pins =x and arcade

sonyatheunicorn

Does anyone know if they sell pickachu head backpack or purse i saw a girl running aoround with one i would have bought one but i didint have any money

and if so where did you see them selling one?

Sygmus

It seems like I can never bring enough money to Fanime, there's always more I want.  Last year I brought like $110 but almost half of it went into buying Ouendan 2 for the DS.  But I did manage to score some DVDs from the swap meet.

This year I'm bringing more, and I need to buy the first Ouendan before they run out again.

FanFicGuru

I'm bringing 1000 dollars again this year.

It seems to be a good amount to get everything I want.

Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

obliviousedward

Dude.  You can NEVER bring enough to Fanime. XD

...Unless you don't want a lot.  Then you're okay.  Unless you don't have enough for what you want, in which case you-- *hit in the face with a flaming brick* Ow. x_O;;

Um... yeah.  I usually bring enough. XD  I'm not too impulsive when I'm looking to buy things (unless it's Gundam Wing related), so I tend to have enough for the things I really want. ;D  $200 has been my usual limit, but I might bring a little more this year.  (Yay for numerous stipends!  Woo! :3)
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

otakuapprentice

the last couple of years there has never been anything that I've seen that i really wanted to buy; almost all of the dealers(save for a few) had the same merch, and i wasn't attracted by the selection.

hopefully this year, more dealers start to carry stuff that isn't just bleach/naruto/deathnote/dragonball...you get the idea.

rctan9

I usually cap myself at $100-ish. I mostly go for the experience so I always bring enough I suppose.

Except a couple of years ago when I made an impulsive figurine collection purchase for like $110 on the last day... That set me back a bit right after May lol.