Did you bring enough?

Started by dealerJason, June 01, 2005, 02:21:17 PM

Kiba

I had ALOT of money left over, and I was really sad too because I had pretty much been saving up the entire year, only tind there wasn't anything that interested me. :(

As I'm sure it has been stated practically everywhere, alot of everything that seemed to be for sale was the same at every booth. I will echo that I wish for more variety, and I'll try to give some examples.

While true, I do wish some less poplular animes ( such as Candidate for Goddess, Princess TuTu, etc. ) I was still a bit saddened by even the lack of different items I found for some extremely popular series such as Naruto. I LOVE Naruto, but even there, I couldn't find much of what I was hoping to find. Possibly more merchandice with lesser known characters? I get so sick of always seeing Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke and Kakashi everywhere. The only thing I was able to find were cell phone keychains.
:( No plushies at all, I doubt they even make them...

Also, I couldn't find many anime cds, and the once I did manage to scope out were waaaaaaay overpriced. But yeah, I'm sure you've had people tell you that already.

One other thing. Wall scrolls. Once again, more varietly with as I mentioned, lesser favored characters and possibly more obscure anime.

Oh yes, pins, I only seemed to find like maybe three or four different series when it came to pins. It doesn't even matter if their obscure or not, just pretty please, a different selection of pins! They were hardly any, sad for collectors like my sister. :(

Oh yes, once last thing. How about different artists at Artist Alley? Not that their artwork wasn't magnificent ( cause it really was! ) but I just saw alot of the same work from last year which was kind of a let down, cause Artist Row is usually once of my favorite places to go. ^^

Ok...I hope that helped even a little. :)
Not funny...:(

Emerge

i did NOT bring enough. this was my first con and i thought 200 bux would be plenty...huh ho, was i in for a rude awakening  :?

Tuplica

I didn't buy anything, so I had plenty.  :lol:  It would've been blown on coffee if I could've found any open shops...  :roll:
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

ced1106

Hmm. Given my lack of storage space in the room and semi-indiscriminate interest in anime, I preferred the swap meet over the dealer's room. Yes, I know dealers don't want to sell their stuff at clearance prices, but I pretty much did my shopping on Monday, and bought plushies at 20% off or lower.

I did like the non-dealer booths in the dealer's room -- although I was semi-expecting that if someone had a booth in the dealer's room, they'd also have a live panel.

Also, some dealers would have tied well with certain events. For example, one dealer was selling boardgames, but I didn't see any flyers from him in the tabletop gaming room.

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

Ayanami Rei First Child

I DID bring enough....but next time I'm going to withdrawl more at once from the machine. Because of the stupid fees from the fcking ATM, I ended up paying like 6 bucks or more...which meant 2 discounted manga novels. Although I DID get a lot of cool stuff, next time I'm going to be more thrifty ^^;  Like waiting until the last day to get my manga, and testing the sharpness of any bladed weapons I want to get, and other fun stuff.

Ayanami Rei First Child

I  brought enough, but the ATM fees were a good amount, not to mention I rushed too much at the end to buy manga......and completely missed the people that were selling manga for $3 each. It turned out I REALLY loved that series and didn't have enough to buy as much as I would have....DAMN YOU 25% OFF TENCHI MUYO!! :(

Next year I'll bring all my cash straight up....and then wait for some serious sales on the last day. Gotta make sure I visit ALL the booths and wait until closer to the last minute to buy stuff....Whoever had that $3 manga I'll be buying lots n lots this year!! *_*

Nina Star 9

more music. i ran around everywhere looking for a CD from my favorite artist, but then i realized that since all the j-rock was overly popular stuff and tofu records, they would not have an import of some semi-obscure (but gaining in popularity quickly) artist.

Tsukai Mori

No, no, no, just a big NO! I didn't expect to find anything I want... Problem is I did. No, no, no, NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'll come prepared this fanime con!

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Emerge"i did NOT bring enough. this was my first con and i thought 200 bux would be plenty...huh ho, was i in for a rude awakening  :?

Welcome to the harsh reality of the Fanime dealer's room. :D

The other harsh reality is that most things are very expensive. I couldn't get that Osaka plushie I wanted because it was $75 :( For a plushie? I'm not all that hardcore when it comes to AzuDai...
epic progressive

vox

MeliCat

I hope to see more figures and plushies next year, things that can't be found at Suncoast or common places like that. I really wanted a Kasumi from DOA figure SO bad, but I couldn't find any. I really liked the "household items" some dealers were selling. Like the Mizuho pillowcase, the Pitaten mugs and such. I'd love to see more of those things! I also like cell phone straps, pins and pens! It would be nice to have a variety of series to choose from. Who am I kidding, even if I don't find what I want, I still find things to spend all my cash on. As long as someone is selling something, I'll be in the dealers room, buying.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "Emerge"i did NOT bring enough. this was my first con and i thought 200 bux would be plenty...huh ho, was i in for a rude awakening  :?

Welcome to the harsh reality of the Fanime dealer's room. :D

The other harsh reality is that most things are very expensive. I couldn't get that Osaka plushie I wanted because it was $75 :( For a plushie? I'm not all that hardcore when it comes to AzuDai...
Yeah I noticed that stuff there was pretty expensive....it seemed like the dealers made us pay full retail or more <.<;;

Arconna

I didn't bring enough and I kinda expected that I hadn't, but I didn't have any more :p.  I really want to see that Bandai booth again.  I'm such a huge fan of the little snap together models and stuff and they had a lot of great deals there.  I'd like to be able to get a lot more next Fanime cause man I went through those in a heartbeat and I bought like 10.  Lol.  I think for me though, the variety wasn't a problem because it was my first time to a convention thing, so everything was new to me, but that's me :).

But yeah, it was awesome :)
Arconna
-------------------------------------------------------
My Blog Novel!

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: "Arconna"I didn't bring enough and I kinda expected that I hadn't, but I didn't have any more :p.  I really want to see that Bandai booth again.  I'm such a huge fan of the little snap together models and stuff and they had a lot of great deals there.  I'd like to be able to get a lot more next Fanime cause man I went through those in a heartbeat and I bought like 10.  Lol.  I think for me though, the variety wasn't a problem because it was my first time to a convention thing, so everything was new to me, but that's me :).

But yeah, it was awesome :)
Yeah that Bandai booth was friggin SWEET. I'm considering going back and trying to get that Wing Zero Custom model <.<

Arconna

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"Yeah that Bandai booth was friggin SWEET. I'm considering going back and trying to get that Wing Zero Custom model <.<

You mean the one in the huuuuuuuge box with the awesome angel wings from Endless Waltz?  Cause yeah, I've been wanting that forever, just never been gutsy enough to fish out the cash for it, it's like 150 or something regularly.  But yes, if Bandai isn't there next year it's going to suck for me in the dealers room cause man they got most of my money.  They offered me deals too, the people who worked there were really awesome and everything, helpful, etc etc.  It was good stuff.  I bought the entire Gundam Wing series from them and saved like 50 bucks on it, and 10 models, or so, I don't remember how many I bought, but I do remember I did them all in like one day lol.  I probably spend about 250 dollars there, and probably saved close to 100 off of retail prices (like what you would have to pay in Kmart or Walmart or some other evil corporation that never seems to carry the one model you want...grrrrr).  Man, can't wait til next Fanime.  It's going to be so awesome.  I loved it the first time for me, and I know I'll love it again, there's nothing quite like it.
Arconna
My Blog Novel!

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well that's just totally evil!! I am in search of that one model....yes it's the gorgeous one from that movie with the angel wings *_*   Although my friend hates it because it defies the nature of physics......it's constantly loosing "feathers" as it flies....yet it always has the same shape.....<.<;;

I wanted to have it be something that me and my dad could do together since we never really do stuff anymore....and well....our bond isn't very strong at all. We hardly even talk unless I'm in trouble n stuff....or some way I can improve myself....ugh.

Arconna

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"Well that's just totally evil!! I am in search of that one model....yes it's the gorgeous one from that movie with the angel wings *_*   Although my friend hates it because it defies the nature of physics......it's constantly loosing "feathers" as it flies....yet it always has the same shape.....<.<;;

I wanted to have it be something that me and my dad could do together since we never really do stuff anymore....and well....our bond isn't very strong at all. We hardly even talk unless I'm in trouble n stuff....or some way I can improve myself....ugh.

Has your friend ever watched Gundam Wing?  The whole show defies the nature of physics.  It wasn't designed to be realistic lol.  I mean, you watch the show and you seem them whipping at speeds that most planes in the world can't go, and then zipping left and right and zig zag at speeds that would liquify any human brain inside.  I think angel wings that drop feathers all the time, yet maintain their shape are the least of our worries in the realm of physics lol.

Have you tried looking online for it at like Anime Castle or something like that?  (Anima Castle is pretty good, usually has rather good prices, and in my experience, quick to respond, good time for shipping, just all around good company).

Anywhoodles.
Arconna
My Blog Novel!

Ayanami Rei First Child

Hmmmm.....I don't think I HAVE looked online....although USED amazon has some pretty crazy prices. Also if you pay under $40 for an anime at suncoast....you're better off saving for higher priced anime @.@

sykoeent

I usually spend between $300- $800 at anime cons and upwards of $2000 at the San Diego Comic Convention. It's usually because I find some really cool things I can't find anywhere else. Like, Designer toys or con exclusives. Some of the things that catch my pocket book are great deals. You throw some of those at me and I'm like a kid in a candy store. Oh... and art from the artist are a huge plus for me.

ShikiIchijo

I brought like 300 dollars had 12 dolars left over heres what i bought:

domo pillow
2 cloth naruto headbands
1 metal naruto headband
2 sets of chobits pin
1 gaia poster
1 gaia g corp shirt
1 chobits wallscroll
1 dears manga
1 neko chan wallet
1 neko chan purse
a sketchbook at micheals
a Disposable camera at target
a set of fox ears
a cat set (tail and ears)
5 inuyasha figurines (the ones that came in boxes so you didnt no what you got)
1 chobits keychain
1 fma glove Alex Armstrongs

On the Domo pillow they never gave me back my change of nine dollars T_T

I would also drop all of my money everywhere. My wallet was crammed. So if you found a 20 dollar bill on the floor. Happy Birthday!
Cosplay 2017:
Lucifer - Supernatural
Yukine - Noragami
Khadgar - Warcraft
Newt Scamander - Harry Potter
Harry Potter - Harry Potter
Big Mac - My Little Pony

the_Pink_Panther24

I brought lots of money....but didn't really buy anything.
however i did not have any money left when the con was over.
.....Paradox?

nah. i have mooch friends. and THEY bought stuff. i dunno if im generous or passive... T_T