Guests I Want For FanimeCon 2006

Started by Acid_Android, June 01, 2005, 08:51:33 PM

Acid_Android

Quote from: "Cryz"
honestly. that was bad planning on jpophouse's part. but then again Fanime was using the civic for closing ceremonies.. (couldnt y'all have switched? I mean its not like anyone needs to mosh for closing ceremonies). The montgomery was horrible I was in second row and their faces were STILL BLURRY >.O

The closing ceremonies actually weren't in the civic this year. It was at the convention center, and no one did any last performances...haha, I was staring at Sotaro the whole time instead of watching the AMVs.

Anyway, I think if D'espairsRay did get the Civic on that Monday, it woulda looked a lot more empty wouldn't it? There didn't seem like a lot of people at the Montgomery Theatre to begin with...then again, haha, I couldn't really tell. But hrm, I guess anything would've been better than the Montgomery Theatre. I totally agree that the venue was just horrible.

Hrm, and to add to the already long list of guests, I'd really like to see Acid Android...It's Yukihiro's (L'Arc~en~Ciel's drummer) solo project, and I absolutely adore him, so...LOL. I wouldn't mind seeing Ken's solo project, Sons of All Pussys (S.O.A.P.) either >_>
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

AMKestrel

Quote from: "Cowpunk"How about Monkey Punch or Go Nagai?

Hm. Go Nagai would have made a wonderful tie-in this year with the release of the live-action Cutey Honey movie.  I think having a panel trio with Anno-san and Go-san after a showing of the movie would have been very impressive.  :)  Of course, Yamaga-san could join in, just for grins since he always adds wonderful historical background to just about any panel.  ^_^

Likewise, doing a Lupin showing, followed by a Q&A session with Monkey Punch would be very cool.

Akira Miyamoto

What about a showing of Kikaida and then a guest appearance by Ban Daisuke?
"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, stick dynamite down his throat and he'll go with a full belly."

Cryz

Quote from: "Acid_Android"
honestly. that was bad planning on jpophouse's part. but then again Fanime was using the civic for closing ceremonies.. (couldnt y'all have switched? I mean its not like anyone needs to mosh for closing ceremonies). The montgomery was horrible I was in second row and their faces were STILL BLURRY >.O

The closing ceremonies actually weren't in the civic this year. It was at the convention center, and no one did any last performances...haha, I was staring at Sotaro the whole time instead of watching the AMVs.

Anyway, I think if D'espairsRay did get the Civic on that Monday, it woulda looked a lot more empty wouldn't it? There didn't seem like a lot of people at the Montgomery Theatre to begin with...then again, haha, I couldn't really tell. But hrm, I guess anything would've been better than the Montgomery Theatre. I totally agree that the venue was just horrible.

Hrm, and to add to the already long list of guests, I'd really like to see Acid Android...It's Yukihiro's (L'Arc~en~Ciel's drummer) solo project, and I absolutely adore him, so...LOL. I wouldn't mind seeing Ken's solo project, Sons of All Pussys (S.O.A.P.) either >_>

then what the hell was at the Civic? Were they setting up for that concert (Pink Floyd was it?) or something?

It wouldn't have looked too empty I don't think, there were people in the second floor and all. But playing to that audience, being able to reach out to the audience would be a lot more fun both for the fans and D'espairsRay because theyre a touchy feely kind of band (ehem >.O)

ph34r the Neko Taka! >D

proud recipent of Hayato's ecchi smile

Acid_Android

then what the hell was at the Civic? Were they setting up for that concert (Pink Floyd was it?) or something?

It wouldn't have looked too empty I don't think, there were people in the second floor and all. But playing to that audience, being able to reach out to the audience would be a lot more fun both for the fans and D'espairsRay because theyre a touchy feely kind of band (ehem >.O)

I haven't the faintest idea what was at the Civic that Monday. I personally don't remember Monday much because I was er...pretty out of it xD

Even if you do add the number of people that were on the 2nd level, it still seemed like there were only about 200 folks at most, and the Civic can easily hold a few thousand. The number of members would look pretty tiny in a venue that size. But it definitely would've been a lot more fun if it were held at the Civic because we'd all have room to mosh at least and fill out that lil space in front of the stage...the Montgomery Theatre was just really bad. That huge orchestra pit...sobs.
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Cryz

I haven't the faintest idea what was at the Civic that Monday. I personally don't remember Monday much because I was er...pretty out of it xD

Even if you do add the number of people that were on the 2nd level, it still seemed like there were only about 200 folks at most, and the Civic can easily hold a few thousand. The number of members would look pretty tiny in a venue that size. But it definitely would've been a lot more fun if it were held at the Civic because we'd all have room to mosh at least and fill out that lil space in front of the stage...the Montgomery Theatre was just really bad. That huge orchestra pit...sobs.

There were over 300 people there I tell you >< ! Haido Manda and I worked our butts off all weekend getting about 50 of those people xD

I'd have preferred it at the civic, then people could MOSH. 8D I was talking to Marty and the other girl who I never got the name of and they were annoyed the montgomery didn't even have a cover (or a rising stage) for the pit.

ph34r the Neko Taka! >D

Maki-chan

Quote from: "Kazuko"
Quote from: "Kazuko":3 my brain has produced more artist

-Kana
-Kagrra
-Panic Channel
-D'espairs Ray (the show they had monday was awesome! make them a part of fanime :3)
-Larine
-Plastic Tree
-Rentener en soi
-Miyavi
-MUCC
-Nightmare
-Phantasmagoria
-Shiina Ringo

i would have to say Dir en Grey too but i heard alot of things, like one of the memebers dosent want to come to america, and that they got booed off the stage at their show in germany =o

Phantasmagoria is going to Onicon! We should get them here too!!

and Shiina Ringo would be fun 8D All the fanboys would love her. And she's got a great voice to boot.

Bringing D'espairsRay back would be great ;o; and THIS TIME we'd see them at the civic. where we can mosh properly *curses at orchestra pit in Montgomery Theater*

But uh... Kana? Are you sure? xD

edit: I heard about the booing in Germany thing! How horrible! But our friendly neighborhood Fanime-attending Jrock fans wouldn't boo them. More like scream whenever Kyo does his little vomit-thing xD
I hated the montgomery theater! i nearly lost my black and white gothic lolita head peace there ; ; and that my friend got to touch karyus leg in the san fran show

hehe fanboys xD yes!

i think kana should come but not sing, probally talk about modeling in the GL bibles and her clothing line.

xD yess Kyos vomit...that day i shall die in happyness

; ; mouu i want phantasmagoria to come cause i dont think i can make it to oni con

Whaa? XD I'd definately want Kana to sing. She's my favourite singer of all time. <3 She doesn't sound like a dying cat like people say. ;( Well I guess it just depends on the person(ORTHESONG?). XD

I would definately want Camino to come. *0* I missed them at 04 and this past year they've become my favourite band. :D So I must see them because I'm a loser and didn't go to MusicFest because I couldn't stand all the Tamaki Nami they played during the con...even though I really like her. xD Also~

Go!Go!7188
Art-School
Aya
Fairy Fore
Kozi
HYDE (I prefer his solo stuff to Laruku *is shot*)
Zone
Tokyo Jihen

I really hope Camino comes. *0*

Acid_Android

Quote from: "Maki-chan"

Oh, that breaks my poor heart  :cry: Have you heard Laruku's new album? Hyde wrote like half of the songs on there, and a couple of them actually sort of reflect Hyde's solo sound I think >_>

Anyway, I think it would be cool if we could get any of L'Arc~en~Ciel's members' solo projects. I'd really like to see acid android...

And I thought Zone disbanded already? o_o;

Did you happen to pick up Camino's maxi single? ^__^ Isn't it awesome? I've never heard Hayato before, so I was pleasantly surprised to hear how powerful his vocals really are. I also hope we can see Camino again at MusicFest.
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Nyxyin

OH!!!   :shock:

I can't go to Comic Con, so can Tsuda be convinced to come to Fanime, prettyprettyprettyplease?

http://www.livejournal.com/community/karekano/69580.html

Cryz

Quote from: "Nyxyin"OH!!!   :shock:

I can't go to Comic Con, so can Tsuda be convinced to come to Fanime, prettyprettyprettyplease?

http://www.livejournal.com/community/karekano/69580.html

HOLY YOSHIKI SHE'S GOING!!?

I can't make it either.  :cry:  Tsuda for fanime 2006 yaaay

I think kana sounds like a dying cat >.O *hides*

ph34r the Neko Taka! >D

Maki-chan

Oh, that breaks my poor heart  :cry: Have you heard Laruku's new album? Hyde wrote like half of the songs on there, and a couple of them actually sort of reflect Hyde's solo sound I think >_>

Anyway, I think it would be cool if we could get any of L'Arc~en~Ciel's members' solo projects. I'd really like to see acid android...

Did you happen to pick up Camino's maxi single? ^__^ Isn't it awesome? I've never heard Hayato before, so I was pleasantly surprised to hear how powerful his vocals really are. I also hope we can see Camino again at MusicFest.

Oh yes! *0* I love their new stuff to pieces. :D Their old stuff isn't bad either but some of it just isn't my taste. :P Although me and my friend are going to make Niji HYDE and Testu costumes whenever L'Arc~en~Ciel goes to a con we can go to. *0* I really heart that PV. I don't get it at all. :D

I don't know. :\ The most I heard of is they switched their guitarist. I don't really find out news about bands unless someone tells me. XD And I have zero ZONE loving friends. ;(

No. D: I only have like 10 songs by them. ;( Breaks my heart because they are so good. I'm hoping to find somewhere that sells their CDs offline so I can buy them. *0* Since I can't really buy things online. XD

QuoteI think kana sounds like a dying cat >.O *hides*

She kind of does sometimes but I still love her. haha :P

Acid_Android

Oh yes! *0* I love their new stuff to pieces. :D Their old stuff isn't bad either but some of it just isn't my taste. :P Although me and my friend are going to make Niji HYDE and Testu costumes whenever L'Arc~en~Ciel goes to a con we can go to. *0* I really heart that PV. I don't get it at all. :D

I don't know. :\ The most I heard of is they switched their guitarist. I don't really find out news about bands unless someone tells me. XD And I have zero ZONE loving friends. ;(

No. D: I only have like 10 songs by them. ;( Breaks my heart because they are so good. I'm hoping to find somewhere that sells their CDs offline so I can buy them. *0* Since I can't really buy things online. XD

Hahahaha join the club; I have no idea what the Niji PV is all about either, but I heart that song to pieces. It's my favorite Laruku song ever, hands down. Nearly made me burst into tears the first time I heard it; that "Nanimo, nanimo, nanimo!" part always kills me. I would absolutely DIE if Fanime were able to bring L'Arc~en~Ciel to the west coast. *begs*

I'm pretty sure Zone disbanded...their last live together as a band was like sometime in March or something...er at least that's what I thought, hahaha. Though, from what I've heard, they still play on each other's solo works? LOL. Not sure.

You MUST get Camino's new maxi single somehow!!! It's teh love!!! You can hear a sample of it at their website: http://www.camino-project.com They've also got a really short PV clip of "Lovin' Moon" and so you should really check their website out. It's really hard to find Camino's CDs offline, soooooo if they were to come to Fanime again *begs MusicFest folks*, I'm sure you'd be able to buy a copy. I don't have the patience to wait so I'd ordered the single from hmv, and the shipping totally killed me. It was twice the amount of the CD!!! So for a $10 single, I paid $30 total...sobs.
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Cryz

LOL subtle hinting, Val XD

I don't think you can get Camino stuff offline unless you go to Japan/have a friend in Japan, they certainly don't sell it at Kinokuniya. (oh but you can ask if Kinokuniya can order it for you? They do that for photobooks and stuff so why not cds? I've never asked but you can try)

ph34r the Neko Taka! >D

Acid_Android

Quote from: "Cryz"LOL subtle hinting, Val XD

Puwahahaha, will begging from my knees get the message across more effeciently you think? hahahaha. XD I'll do whatever it takes (within reason) to convince Camino (and ZZ and Duel Jewel) to come back xDDDDD
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Cryz

Quote from: "Cryz"LOL subtle hinting, Val XD

Puwahahaha, will begging from my knees get the message across more effeciently you think? hahahaha. XD I'll do whatever it takes (within reason) to convince Camino (and ZZ and Duel Jewel) to come back xDDDDD

hmm I think so lol

ahahahaha. camino dueljewel zz. that'd be hot. watch out for the horny 12 year old fangirls xD

ph34r the Neko Taka! >D

Kazuko

<____< get MASK to come pretty pleasies? or Kra?

Spiritsnare

epic progressive

vox

Tsukino

I don't think anyone suggested them yet, and I started a thread in Live Programming because I didn't find this one, so--

How about UVERworld, the band that did the 2nd opening theme for BLEACH? I personally think they're very awesome, and have so much potential. They're such a new band, and I think that if invited, there's a big chance that they'd come.

laminatedbunny

Could we get Orange Range to come? They did a song for very popular anime series like Naruto and Bleach and their songs rock!  :D

Acid_Android

Quote from: "Tsukino"I don't think anyone suggested them yet, and I started a thread in Live Programming because I didn't find this one, so--

How about UVERworld, the band that did the 2nd opening theme for BLEACH? I personally think they're very awesome, and have so much potential. They're such a new band, and I think that if invited, there's a big chance that they'd come.

I would love to see UVERworld! I really like the PV for D-technoLife! They do seem to have a lot of potential...by the time Fanime06 rolls around, their popularity may have grown a bit in Japan, so who knows if they'll be able to come to the US anytime soon? They may want to foster their popularity on their home turf first...But I would LOVE it if they could come. I've only been able to find like 1 TV appearance from them, but I really like what I've seen and heard so far. They're on the same label as Orange Range, aren't they?

Speaking of Orange Range:
Quote from: "Laminatedbunny"Could we get Orange Range to come? They did a song for very popular anime series like Naruto and Bleach and their songs rock!

I also totally agree with this suggestion xD If I could hear "hana" live, man...that'd be awesome. LOL.

Oh...and puwahahha, I hope no one clowns on me, but I'd really like to see NEWS LOLLLL. I know Uchi won't be making any public appearances with them for the next 6 months, but by the time Fanime rolls around, that restriction should be lifted...It'd be cool to see them, hahahaha >_>
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!