Guests I Want For FanimeCon 2006

Started by Acid_Android, June 01, 2005, 08:51:33 PM

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"
I told Tony about her and hopefully, he'll get in touch with her at JTAF or e-mail her. I'll be going to Jtaf, so I will talk to her as well, if he doesn't get the chance.

Both of you go talk to her.

Double the power. :D
epic progressive

vox

Nina Star 9

still working on my promise to get at least a few people here obsessed with amano...

another PV. :D

http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3Q8UVWD6LB4LC2KGIBU5620TGH

be amazed and demad that she comes to fanime!

for those that like more hyper music, i also have this one:

http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3954ZAFY7J8ZF2L55AAPBREAVA

another one! not hyper, but makes for good cosplay! :D this one is more sad than teh last two, but by no means a ballad.

http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=14ZXX7YBA30CO0PYVIGIZWL327

another one! this was her very very first song, way back in ehr indies days. :D enjoy!

http://s64.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=22SV06JVKYLFD09RREU9AK9ESP

will get more uploaded (either by grabbing the links other poeple post or by uploading them myself. i am bad, i know. x.x) soon!

Kurokai

ANYONE who has anything to do with FFVII: Advent Children movie. Preferably the voice actors/actresses!
My eyes love you...

Chun

Dan Kim, of clone-manga.

He's just cool.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

hakudoushi

Quote from: "hakudoushi"pierrot. pieeeerrot. do you think they could come? o_O
*points*
no really, i have a pet ninja.

GokuMew2

Quote from: "Kurokai"ANYONE who has anything to do with FFVII: Advent Children movie. Preferably the voice actors/actresses!
In that case, Sakurai Takahiro (Cloud), Morikubo Shoutarou (Kadaj), and Suwabe Junichi (Tseng; though he only had two lines... was more in Last Order) please!! =.P
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Touya no Miko

Invite Phantasmagoria!! I just love visual kei bands!
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Cowpunk

Quote from: "Otakuya"Fred Gallagher again, please....
:(

YES!!!!

And of course it took over two weeks to respond to that post (but the flu will slow one down)

Heck!

Invite me back! And set up panels for Cindy and Sian Olen, my guests of a guest for the past few years. Cindy did the original art in The Anime Companion 2 and has years of experience in theater costuming and stage work. I'm sure you could come up with ideas for panels for her to do.
Gilles Poitras
Obsession: Anime

Pimpstress Rei

I asked Fred Gallagher if he was planning on attending FanimeCon in the future, and he said no. He could have changed his mind, but he said that he wanted to try us out, but that he doesn't plan on visiting us again =/

Then again this isn't the official word, this is just what he told me in person at the con!
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

Spiritsnare

You've actually said this seven pages back.

Quote from: "Ayapon"
Quote from: "Pimpstress Rei"
Sadly, when I talked to him at the con last year, he said he had no intention of coming back to Fanime in the future. He wouldn't give me any specific reasons, but he seemed pretty sure of himself =/ But we'll try extending an invitation anyway...

Please refrain from making remarks on behalf of the Guest Relations Department that deal with invitations. Wouldn't want misunderstandings to occur! :)

We dun wanna lose hope. :D FRED, COME BACK. WE LOVE YOU.
epic progressive

vox

ZIMdudeAlchemist

L'Arc~en~Ciel - they would make a great perfromance for MusicFest, READY STEADY GO is like the best pump up song for a concert

The Pillows - that'll be SO cool to hear all their songs live because i just can't get enough of 'em.

Kumiko Kato [again!] - I loved Kumiko's performance last year, she's so amizingly cute ^_^, can't wait to get her CD.

Nami Tamaki - well, my friend wants to see her live, so i guess i should do the same

Flow - I seen their video for "Go!" on Anime Network, and i fell in love with the song, now i want to see them live.

Ramen & Rice [aGaIn!!!] - They really deserve to play on stage again, by the way, i was the dude that said that they were hot! lol, just kidding, they're not hot, they're on FIRE!!! YEAH DUDE!!!

Tsukino

For anyone that is interested trying to get UVERworld to come:

Would you give messages to your US fans?
Takuya: I will master English and go to the US to perform live, so please come and see us.
from http://tofurecords.com

I freaked out.  Seriously.

<3 Tofu Records, thank you for being the medium.

On another note, I think it'd be great if Ramen and Rice could return and perform once again!  My friends and I really, REALLY enjoyed their performance.  They're simply amazing, and so kind as well.

Off-topic: I apologize if this might be inappropriate, but I'm curious as to why Fred Gallagher does not want to come back.  Was there any sort of mishap?  No worries if this question cannot be answered, but it has been sort of irking me a bit as I read the thread because I have no idea.

Acid_Android

Quote from: "Tsukino"For anyone that is interested trying to get UVERworld to come:

Would you give messages to your US fans?
Takuya: I will master English and go to the US to perform live, so please come and see us.
from http://tofurecords.com

I freaked out.  Seriously.

<3 Tofu Records, thank you for being the medium.

Seeing as Tofu Records is bringing HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR to Houston, TX in late April (I honestly can't wait to see them!!!! and w00t, it'll be my first time in Texas LOL), maybe it's a sign that Tofu will also bring over UVERworld soon, especially since they're highlighting those two bands with their JPOPCD2 release on their website. If UVERworld could make their US debut at MusicFest, that would totally frickin rock.
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

shinigami_babe

wow so many musical guests ^^;; is that all people want these days lol??

anyways my votes go to people involved with advent children as well!! voice actors would be great ^^!

it'd be cool to see some artists, i don't have any suggestions as of right now though.

Nina Star 9

amano tsukiko draws. :D

huh? anyone? come on, you know you want her to be at fanime~!

Acid_Android

Quote from: "shinigami_babe"wow so many musical guests ^^;; is that all people want these days lol??

LOL, I admit that the only reason I actually attended Fanime04-05 was because of the musical guests, and that's why I suggest so many musicians ^^;;; The only other guilty pleasure I get from Fanime are the Asian Film Rooms ^^;;; Weird of me to say all that since Fanime is mostly about anime and all...

I would like to see Tomokazu Seki one day though. He was the reason I wanted to go to AX, but I couldn't make it this year or last year T__T

I wonder...would it be possible to invite actors/directors from Asian films that have been screened at Fanime? LOL xD Just throwing that suggestion out there...because it would be cool to see Fujiwara Tatsuya, whom I'm sure a lot of people know as Nanahara Shuya from Battle Royale I and II. He's also been in Shinsengumi!, Kamen Gakuen, Sabu, Moonlight Jellyfish, and a bunch of other stuff xD
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Nina Star 9

the reason why i repeatedly reccomend a music guest possiblity, is becasue i mostly like fanime for the musical related things. i am not really a huge fan of anime, to tell you the truth. i mostly like the other activites besides the anime, such as cosplay and kareoke. i would be very happy if there was a musicfest guest that i liked (and that little thing about trying to increase her popularity amoung US fans of japanese music). i also like it when you can randomly meet up with the bands and stuff in the halls or whatever. :D

but that is basically the reason why i am suggesting only musicfest guest possibilities. (well, one possiblitiy, really. :D)

(oh, and whatever happened to the dealer's room setup with the guests in 2k4? i had a lot of fond memeories of hanging out by the camino booth in the dealer's room. i woudl like to see that setup back if at all possible. :D)

DayDreamerNessa

lol i remember the camino booth, im not a fan and i didn't buy anything, but some friends wanted them to sign some things they had bought at the booth, the camino guys thought i was cosplaying sailormoon, but i was dressed in a simple blue uniform that looks nothing like sailormoon lol

speaking of sailormoon, i know it probably wouldn't happen but Naoko Takeuchi would be awesome!!!
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Since Tsukino and Acid_Android have already covered the reasons why UVERworld is a realistic possibility, all I can say is UVERworld for the win. I hope someone seriously looks into getting them at Music Fest '06.

I also second (or third, or fourth, or whatever =b) the pillows. I'm not a particularly big fan of them, but IIRC, they played at a really cheap show in the Bay Area a couple of years ago. I don't have any specifics besides that I saw a flyer for it at SF Japantown a couple of years ago =0.

And I'm surprised not many have spazzed out at how we could have gotten Dir en Grey at the expense of all our other guests.

This part of the thread is srsly lacking boobs =(.

Chikiru

Okay. I'm officially converted.

Tsukiko Amano at Fanime would be so awesome. XD I just bought her 5th single and honestly, she's one of the better female vocalists I've ever heard.

Oh, and just to put in the other of my two cents today, Alice Nine'd be nice, too. =33