Guests I Want For FanimeCon 2006

Started by Acid_Android, June 01, 2005, 08:51:33 PM

Acid_Android

Quote from: "the_Pink_Panther24"
Quote from: "Acid_Android"
How about Pycho Le Cemu?
they lOOOOOOOVE America and have come to cons in the past, i wonder if they'd come to fanime.

Well, considering Daishi got busted big time for drugs, it'd be a hard thing for PLC to come on over anytime soon >__>

i didn't hear that O_O
the last thing i heard of daishi was his solo project where he wore lots and lots of swasitkas. god, where the hell have i been....

just so im on topic...um...i support dewl jewl and camino.

^^;; Yeah, it happened pretty recently ^^;;

And Camino would be awesome!! I really want to see them again, especially since Fanime has yet to see/hear their vocalist Hayato xD And Camino's new maxi single is out tomorrow (er...well right now in Japan), so everyone should check out their new material xD I hear it's pretty damn awesome.
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Chun

KOTOKO.
I asked a lot of the dealers this year about her CDs, and managed only to find one. We need Kotoko. Kotoko is good. Kotoko is a goddess. I know a couple hundred people that will travel just to see her. (Need sample music? PM me!)

ZZ was great, Ramen and Rice also, as well as Maria Yamamoto. I'd also suggest Yui Horie, and Be4U, but not sure about their avaliability.

As for the non-peformers, I wouldn't mind Mr.Poitras coming back (Thanks for the research help!), and meeting the guy who worked on Eva was cool as well.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Pimpstress Rei

Quote from: "Tony"
Quote from: "Myobi"I wouldn't mind seeing ZZ and Ramen and Rice again!!!  As for those who are "forbidden" to us, I would like to see Gackt or Dir en Grey.  Oh, just the thought of them considering being a guest is really exciting!!! :D

We'll never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever everever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever get Gackt or DeG to come.

ever.

...sadly.
Oh, this again.

Not impossible at all. Considering how many people MusicFest brought in this year with relatively unknown artists, either could fill up the civic pretty easily. That's attractive...

That means he's gonna try folks! So let's all pray! *bows down to the almighty MusicFest director* I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

--
MusicFest 2nd
Website worker kitty
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

Cryz

if Fanime brings Dir en grey, they're gonna have to rent out the San Jose Arena xD

ditto Gackt.

and by the way for Pink panther - regarding news of Daishi's drug bust, go check out the Things in the Universe board. It's got info somewhere on there.

ph34r the Neko Taka! >D

proud recipent of Hayato's ecchi smile

the_Pink_Panther24

Quote from: "Cryz"if Fanime brings Dir en grey, they're gonna have to rent out the San Jose Arena xD

ditto Gackt.

and by the way for Pink panther - regarding news of Daishi's drug bust, go check out the Things in the Universe board. It's got info somewhere on there.

gracias.

Edit:

Jesus H christ.... I thought he might of gotten caught here or something. where he had a nifty little thing called...IMMUNITY. but no, he got busted in japan....I can only imagine what hes going through. Japan, where a traffic accident gets you an offical Iquisitorial hearing from the government. though that may have been an over-exageration and a bit of a....bad example.
-.-

In any case, if i weren't a chronic nail biter you could go ahead and chizzle the PLC suggestion right off the list with a seraded thumb-nail.

damn. well, why not live in ignorant bliss (its good to have dreams, ya know?)
'ya lets hope they get dir en grey and gackt! (but i dont like gackt...) umm...dir en grey hurraaaay!'

Myobi

:o Yeah! Yeah!! Yeah!!!  I'm all for Gackt and Dir en Grey!!!  Oh, but please, let's not forget about ZZ. *pets autographed plushie*
It's not who finds it, it's who ends up with it that counts!

I got my avatar from
http://www.animeshare.crystals-ss.net/index.php

PickleBunny

Too bad that Dir en Grey probably wouldn't play in America anyway..   But isn't it kinda fun to have quasi-indies bands?  I think it is..
MusicFest Staff 2005
MusicFest Second 2006-2011

Cryz

greentea_mochi - I agree it's fun to have indie bands here because they've got more control over what they do and they hang out in the dealers room so us jrock fans can oogle their hottness.

and yeah Pink Panther, the chances of PLC coming back from "haitus" in time for Fanime is very low. Also, according to a poster on Batsu, if he is charged, the Japanese authorities won't let him out of Japan. no ifs ands or buts about it. ;o;!

If you want to support Daishi, go to the heroic_daishi community on Livejournal and order a blue Daishi Suppor Ribbon. (they're free)

[/Daishi ribbon plug - I just got mine yesterday lol]

ph34r the Neko Taka! >D

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Chun"KOTOKO.
I asked a lot of the dealers this year about her CDs, and managed only to find one. We need Kotoko. Kotoko is good. Kotoko is a goddess. I know a couple hundred people that will travel just to see her. (Need sample music? PM me!)

ZZ was great, Ramen and Rice also, as well as Maria Yamamoto. I'd also suggest Yui Horie, and Be4U, but not sure about their avaliability.

Kotoko is love. And with her appearance at AX05, she might be persuaded to come to other cons, hint hint.

Yui Horie is also love. I'd make her sign every Ayu-related thing I have >D

Meanwhile, BeForU is one of Konami's bands, or so I believe, so how would we manage that? :3 If we could, then that'd be hot <3

edit: Cryz, your little statement about having Gackt in the Arena is so true...
epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Chun"KOTOKO.
As much as I appreciate KOTOKO, I enjoy a variety of I'VE singers.  I'm kind partial to MAKO and Ayana.  Lia is awesome too just cause she sang Tori no Uta.  Any of them would be fine at Fanime though. =P
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Chun

Quote from: "Tsubasa"Lia is awesome too just cause she sang Tori no Uta.  Any of them would be fine at Fanime though. =P

I can't forget about Lia. I practically play Tori no Uta every morning.

Oh, on a non-Japanese related note,

I'd also like Fred Gallagher to return for Fanime 2006. I wanted to meet him l
last year, but couldn't go.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Kazuko

:3 my brain has produced more artist

-Kana
-Kagrra
-Panic Channel
-D'espairs Ray (the show they had monday was awesome! make them a part of fanime :3)
-Larine
-Plastic Tree
-Rentener en soi
-Miyavi
-MUCC
-Nightmare
-Phantasmagoria
-Shiina Ringo

i would have to say Dir en Grey too but i heard alot of things, like one of the memebers dosent want to come to america, and that they got booed off the stage at their show in germany =o

so_hungy

I definately want Rikki (voice actor of Gir in invader zim) to be there! omg! XD

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Chun"
Quote from: "Tsubasa"Lia is awesome too just cause she sang Tori no Uta.  Any of them would be fine at Fanime though. =P

~Chun

I didn't hear of MT until after the con last year, and that's why I want him back. XD

That, and he accidentally got me hooked onto the whole bishoujo gaming thing.
epic progressive

vox

Pimpstress Rei

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "Chun"

~Chun

I didn't hear of MT until after the con last year, and that's why I want him back. XD

That, and he accidentally got me hooked onto the whole bishoujo gaming thing.

Sadly, when I talked to him at the con last year, he said he had no intention of coming back to Fanime in the future. He wouldn't give me any specific reasons, but he seemed pretty sure of himself =/ But we'll try extending an invitation anyway...
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

Ayapon

Quote from: "Pimpstress Rei"
Sadly, when I talked to him at the con last year, he said he had no intention of coming back to Fanime in the future. He wouldn't give me any specific reasons, but he seemed pretty sure of himself =/ But we'll try extending an invitation anyway...

Please refrain from making remarks on behalf of the Guest Relations Department that deals with invitations. Wouldn't want misunderstandings to occur! :)
Aya Chow
Totally Relaxed Now (2006)
Fanime Director of Guest Relations (1999-2005)

"Kakashi" icon by krispy_kira @ LJ.com

Kazuko

youjeen and Mari Ijima :D bring them!

lyricaldanichan

I still think that the name of the Music Fest should be called The Greatful Sound!

Brainpowerd

Quote from: "the_Pink_Panther24"We'll never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever everever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever get Gackt or DeG to come.

ever.

...sadly.

You just keep thinking that... (evil laugh)... :twisted:  :twisted:
- Assistant Director of Programming,
   FanimeCon '06

Cryz

Quote from: "Kazuko":3 my brain has produced more artist

-Kana
-Kagrra
-Panic Channel
-D'espairs Ray (the show they had monday was awesome! make them a part of fanime :3)
-Larine
-Plastic Tree
-Rentener en soi
-Miyavi
-MUCC
-Nightmare
-Phantasmagoria
-Shiina Ringo

i would have to say Dir en Grey too but i heard alot of things, like one of the memebers dosent want to come to america, and that they got booed off the stage at their show in germany =o

Phantasmagoria is going to Onicon! We should get them here too!!

and Shiina Ringo would be fun 8D All the fanboys would love her. And she's got a great voice to boot.

Bringing D'espairsRay back would be great ;o; and THIS TIME we'd see them at the civic. where we can mosh properly *curses at orchestra pit in Montgomery Theater*

But uh... Kana? Are you sure? xD

edit: I heard about the booing in Germany thing! How horrible! But our friendly neighborhood Fanime-attending Jrock fans wouldn't boo them. More like scream whenever Kyo does his little vomit-thing xD

ph34r the Neko Taka! >D