Guests I Want For FanimeCon 2006

Started by Acid_Android, June 01, 2005, 08:51:33 PM

DayDreamerNessa

omg boobies galore

anyways my bf recently let me listen to some puffy ami yumi music and it's very catchy, im sure they have a big fan base so why not invite them to be guests?

i personally think it'd be cool if we got more artists @ fanime, don't get me wrong musical guests and voice actors are cool, but i think it'd be cool if we got more people who draw anime and manga to fanime (i know im not the only one right, O_o?)
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Cryz

didn't Puffy Ami Yumi do a concert up in San Francisco last year? I remember hearing about it once. or twice.

They seem....very...happy. I've seen a couple of their music videos. Uhhh yeah. xD Not my thing but sure. Puffy Ami Yumi (I'm gonna grill Ami on what its like being married to Teru of GLAY MOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

ph34r the Neko Taka! >D

proud recipent of Hayato's ecchi smile

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "lyricaldanichan"

Speaking of cleavage in games and anime...

epic progressive

vox

Cryz

^ BOOB OF DEATH!!!! <3 on Foamy and the goth chick

ph34r the Neko Taka! >D

the_Pink_Panther24

hmmm, oh! i GOT it!

so THATS why i like using ivy  :D

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "the_Pink_Panther24"hmmm, oh! i GOT it!

Too bad no one who cosplays as Ivy uses that costume. ;.;

WE ADMIT IT WE'RE FANBOYS NOW GIMME SUMMA DAT
epic progressive

vox

the_Pink_Panther24

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "the_Pink_Panther24"hmmm, oh! i GOT it!

Too bad no one who cosplays as Ivy uses that costume. ;.;

WE ADMIT IT WE'RE FANBOYS NOW GIMME SUMMA DAT

Amen brother! hallelujah!

Wirebrain

Quote from: "Pimpstress Rei"
Quote from: "lyricaldanichan"I think I mention this before, but perhaps somebody can tally up the "votes" of guests and make a poll from that list. See who is the ultimate survivor!

Perhaps this will get somebody motivated? LOLOLOLOL

Now you KNOW those are implants!
No... that's the magic of Inverse Kinematics.

Tenba

Quote from: "DayDreamerNessa"i personally think it'd be cool if we got more artists @ fanime, don't get me wrong musical guests and voice actors are cool, but i think it'd be cool if we got more people who draw anime and manga to fanime (i know im not the only one right, O_o?)
I second that!  Higuri You was awesome!

likkyan

I third the Shiina Ringo idea!  Stellar pipes on that woman, and when she rolls her 'r's....  :D  Shiina's freaking AMAZING.  <3  Not sure if it would go over too well with the audience if Fanime continues to get younger and younger members like it has been, but I would LOVE to see her in concert.  :3

Also, I repeat once again, just because I really really REALLY want to see her again...
Bring back Higuri You!  Pretty please?  I know she's busy with those two projects, but man, she was so sweet and awesome and just... HER!  You could even do a sort of double-feature panel on her and the artist she's working with on that Sword & Sorcery type English project (err... I'm pretty sure it will be in English, anyways...)!
"Only in Europe can you suck down a fag and be gay, but not homosexual."

GokuMew2

Quote from: "tenba"I second that!  Higuri You was awesome!
I would love to see Higuri sensei back at Fanime. She's so cuuuuuuute!! Not to mention her art is beautiful. Mmm... Gakuen Heaven... =.d

And I want Yamane Ayano sensei!
Missed her at Y-Con last year. .>_<
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

dealerJason

Quote from: "likkyan"Mangaka Higuri You <-- It would be SO AWESOME if you could bring her back!  I would LOVE to see her again!  She was so sweet and amazing and just.... guh.  <3

Yes, Higuri You was at Fanime 2004.  She was not well announced, but she was at FanimeCon.  I don't know, ask Yaoi-Con!
Jason Ebner
Fanime Staffer *retired*
I was blamed for EVERYTHING! :-)
www.asahicon.org
www.blameebner.com

laminatedbunny

Gackt would be awesome as a musical guest like people previously mentioned.  :D

L'Arc~en~ciel would be cool too. I still can't believe they performed at Otakon and I wasn't there.  :x

Cryz

for some odd reason I want Japanese pop boybands to come xDDD

like w-inds. or LEAD. hahahahahaha xD just wishful thinking on my part.

ph34r the Neko Taka! >D

GokuMew2

I just recently (actually, yesterday) gotten into ELLEGARDEN. I think they would make an awesome musical guest!!

They music is indy rock-ish and they have lots of songs in English. If anyone's seen the I'll/CKBC OVA (licensed by Media Blasters), ELLEGARDEN sang the two ED songs, Migite and Kaze no Hi. Their music is awesome~~

Official site

CD Japan (Has song samples)

Check 'em out!
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

mana_fan

As far as voice actors go. I really like to see

Princess Mononoke- Moro- Gillian Anderson

Music Fest. I really enjoyed ZZ and Maria Yamamoto. As someone else stated I wouldn't mind seeing Camino or Duel Jewel return.

Cryz

Quote from: "GokuMew2"I just recently (actually, yesterday) gotten into ELLEGARDEN. I think they would make an awesome musical guest!!

They music is indy rock-ish and they have lots of songs in English. If anyone's seen the I'll/CKBC OVA (licensed by Media Blasters), ELLEGARDEN sang the two ED songs, Migite and Kaze no Hi. Their music is awesome~~

Official site

CD Japan (Has song samples)

Check 'em out!

ellegarden are wonderful! I love Migite <33333

ph34r the Neko Taka! >D

grove

How about Ai Yazawa, Kim Hyung-Tae, and Hwang Min-Woo (errrr... the guy who wrote Priest).

Meeeeh.... I like manhwas.
The chicka with the kick.

Jehuty

I'd like to see a greater variety in Voice Actors, both American and Japanese...

Get that ADV Films crew out here, namely peeps like:

-Greg Ayres
-Monica Rial
-Jessica Boone
-Hilary Haag

And for musical guests, you gotta get like:
-Puffy AmiYumi
-L'arc en Ciel

amongst others...
PRO-DUB
ENGLISH, Mother%@#!-er, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!

Nyxyin

It'd be great if Angela could come!