How was your hotel stay?(2005)

Started by Barnes, June 01, 2005, 09:16:51 PM

Barnes

Since I can't think of any complaints about the con itself right now,  I'll post my complaints about the Marriott:

-Elevators: Way too fast for me, made me dizzy.

-Cooling: The only way I could keep my milk cold was to put ice in the black round thing and change it every few hours. That annouyed me. My mom brought in a foam cooler, but my friend cracked it. :evil:

-Bathroom: I like to have a lock on my bathroom door.

My solution: I'm going back to the Hilton next year.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

yukie utsumi

I stayed at the marriott, and loved it.

Except those darn elevators. They made me sick! I'd rather take 3 minutes to get down 23 flights then 3 seconds  :?

But I thought the marriott staff was excellent. Free chocolate, tons of towls, and they put up with all our luggage. After we checked out of the hotel they let us keep our valet parking (no extra charge) and keep our stuff behind the counter.

The breakfast buffet at the Marriott was to die for. But I think we were the only fanime-goers there...after all it was expensive. But we didnt care  :D

Definitly going to the marriott next year!
Fanime 2006 Cosplays
FongLing (Resident Evil: Dead Aim)
Kaoru Kamiya (Rurouni Kenshin)
*NEW* Kasumi (DOA2U Blue Ninja version)

shortpachoo

This was my second year at the marriot and I like the first year better.  They messed up on my room and I ended up with a single bed instead of 2.  But other than that it was fine.  One more thing, does any one remember the special deal which was a room and internet together for the marriot, why wasnt there one this year, but there was the free wifi at the park across the street

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

Mordyan

Quote from: "shortpachoo"This was my second year at the marriot and I like the first year better.  They messed up on my room and I ended up with a single bed instead of 2.

They did the same to me, and told me that a single king was all t hat was left. I was able to get 2 beds in a smoking room so it worked out ok.

I was a little irked because they said it was in order of request, and yet I signed up for a 2 bed room from Fanime housing the day it came online!!!

So my question to Fanime housing is what happened?

YoureMyHiro

I stayed at the marriott too, great place and very cushy. I was comfortable. Its nuts though, we trashed the place hardcore but before we left I made sure we cleaned it up and it within a half hour 4 days of damage was no more. Trippy.

snorlax

Hmmm...good question. I'm not sure what happened with your bedding situation. It was definitely not supposed to be in order of request. This was why there were various categories available (Kings, dbl/dbls, and kings w/rollaways).

The Marriott provided 200 double/double rooms and FanimeCon Housing sold 200 double/double rooms. No more, no less. I can understand that if FanimeCon Housing oversold the inventory, but this was clearly not the case.

Before I go pointing fingers, do you have your confirmation handy so that I can take a look at your reservation?

Also, for future reference, please know that there is someone on site during FanimeCon to take care of your hotel issues. I was located by registration and was also accessible through Con Ops.

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: "snorlax"Hmmm...good question. I'm not sure what happened with your bedding situation. It was definitely not supposed to be in order of request. This was why there were various categories available (Kings, dbl/dbls, and kings w/rollaways).

The Marriott provided 200 double/double rooms and FanimeCon Housing sold 200 double/double rooms. No more, no less. I can understand that if FanimeCon Housing oversold the inventory, but this was clearly not the case.

Before I go pointing fingers, do you have your confirmation handy so that I can take a look at your reservation?

Also, for future reference, please know that there is someone on site during FanimeCon to take care of your hotel issues. I was located by registration and was also accessible through Con Ops.

Snorlex, you are already on it, but this is the first I have heard of it too.  If the hotel is playing games that we need to know about it.  You paid for a double/double, you should have gotten it.

Counting on what Snorlex says, I might want to have a 'little' talk with them.  

Thanks for bringing this up to our attention...

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Mordyan

Thanks for the prompt replies! Fortunately it worked out for me.

Quote from: "snorlax"Before I go pointing fingers, do you have your confirmation handy so that I can take a look at your reservation?

I do have a copy of the confirmation. Its on my home computer and I can post it here or email it to you when I get home this evening.

snorlax

Quote from: "Mordyan"Thanks for the prompt replies! Fortunately it worked out for me.

Quote from: "snorlax"Before I go pointing fingers, do you have your confirmation handy so that I can take a look at your reservation?

I do have a copy of the confirmation. Its on my home computer and I can post it here or email it to you when I get home this evening.

You can post it or email it to me on this forum. I do want to get to the bottom of this and make sure the hotel stands by their words. Thanks!

snorlax

Quote from: "shortpachoo"This was my second year at the marriot and I like the first year better.  They messed up on my room and I ended up with a single bed instead of 2.  But other than that it was fine.  One more thing, does any one remember the special deal which was a room and internet together for the marriot, why wasnt there one this year, but there was the free wifi at the park across the street

Please also provide me with your confirmation number so that I can investigate your bedding situation as well.

As for the package deal with room and internet in 2004...it was a last minute deal that was made to get people to reserve the king bedded rooms. This year, the package wasn't available but we will try to get this package deal for next year.

Mordyan

Here is my housing info:

FANIMECON 2005, San Jose
FANIMECON  Confirmation #4747793 made on 02/06/2005

GUEST INFORMATION: Patrick

HOTEL NAME: San Jose Marriott

ARRIVAL DATE: 05/27/2005
DEPARTURE DATE: 05/31/2005
# OF NIGHTS: 4

TYPE: TWO BEDDED ROOM
OCCUPANCY: Double - 2 Persons

Acolyte Version 1

Personally, I loved staying at the Marriott ^_^.  I was really nervous about staying there (some might remember my ... "daft" thread >_<), but it all worked out perfectly.  The staff were very polite, the room was lovely, and all in all it was a great stay and at a great price.

I didn't find the elevators troublesome, but my girlfriend hated them with a passion XD.  I suppose it's one of those things, though, that everyone feels different about.

Also, and this could just be my new-ness when it comes to staying in the larger hotels - but I was greatly impressed with the TV packages in the room :p  I was most impressed and pleased with having Cartoon Network and thus Adult Swim.  Ah, got to see my first episode of Fullmetal Alchemist thanks to that.

All in all, if the Marriott/Hilton deal is available next year, I won't hesitate to sign up for it ^__^   Just wish it ended on the Tuesday, rather than a Monday - since I fly in for this, it means I always have to miss the closing ceremonies and fly back that day, or pay tons more for a hotel.  Heh, but that's hardly Fanime's concern, and is just me being cheap :p

Mordyan

Quote from: "Acolyte Version 1"Just wish it ended on the Tuesday, rather than a Monday - since I fly in for this, it means I always have to miss the closing ceremonies and fly back that day, or pay tons more for a hotel.  Heh, but that's hardly Fanime's concern, and is just me being cheap :p

I stayed Monday night and only payed 99.00 at the Marriott. Or did you mean you wanted to stay Tuesday night?

snorlax

Quote from: "Mordyan"Here is my housing info:

FANIMECON 2005, San Jose
FANIMECON  Confirmation #4747793 made on 02/06/2005

GUEST INFORMATION: Patrick

HOTEL NAME: San Jose Marriott

ARRIVAL DATE: 05/27/2005
DEPARTURE DATE: 05/31/2005
# OF NIGHTS: 4

TYPE: TWO BEDDED ROOM
OCCUPANCY: Double - 2 Persons

Thank you for this info. I looked up your reservation and you were clearly reserved in a room with 2 beds and I'm sorry that you had troubles getting what you requested. I will speak to the Marriott about this and hope this will not happen again in the future.

The only reason why I can see the hotel refusing you a room with two beds is because there was no roommate listed on your reservation, but even though, this should still not have prevented you from getting a room with two beds.

Again, this goes for anyone that has troubles with their hotel rooms...please know that I am on site to take care of problems or concerns. I am usually located in the registration area or you can have Con Ops locate me via cell.

Leroy
CMR

Acolyte Version 1

Quote from: "Mordyan"I stayed Monday night and only payed 99.00 at the Marriott. Or did you mean you wanted to stay Tuesday night?

Sorry, I wasn't very clear in what I meant ^^;;.  Sorry about that.  I meant it would have been nice to be able to check out Tuesday morning instead of Monday morning (staying overnight on Monday, as you said) ... >_>  .... Unless of course we could do that and I just screwed it up.  It's entirely possible XD.  Hmmm, but I thought the room deal only extended to the Monday, with a checkout time of noon.  Like I said, it's very possible, heh probably even, that I'm in the wrong... which if I am, is very cool, because next year I definitely plan on catching closing ceremonies ^_^

shortpachoo

Could you also check mine too snorlax since I had the same problem

FANIMECON 2005, San Jose
FANIMECON  Confirmation #4804448 made on 04/02/2005
   CHANGED ON 04/02/2005

GUEST INFORMATION:       Christopher Greer

ARRIVAL DATE:          05/26/2005   
DEPARTURE DATE:          05/30/2005   
# OF NIGHTS:          4

TYPE:                TWO BEDDED ROOM   
OCCUPANCY:          Double - 2 Persons   
SPECIAL REQUESTS:       LATE ARRIVAL (AFTER 8 PM)

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

Mordyan

Quote from: "Acolyte Version 1"Hmmm, but I thought the room deal only extended to the Monday, with a checkout time of noon.  Like I said, it's very possible, heh probably even, that I'm in the wrong... which if I am, is very cool, because next year I definitely plan on catching closing ceremonies ^_^

Nope the room deal coverd Monday night too. We checked out Tuesday morning. So you will be able to catch closing next year!  :D

Quote from: "snorlax"Thank you for this info. I looked up your reservation and you were clearly reserved in a room with 2 beds and I'm sorry that you had troubles getting what you requested. I will speak to the Marriott about this and hope this will not happen again in the future.

Thanks for looking into it!  :D

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Quote from: "Mordyan"
Quote from: "Acolyte Version 1"Hmmm, but I thought the room deal only extended to the Monday, with a checkout time of noon.  Like I said, it's very possible, heh probably even, that I'm in the wrong... which if I am, is very cool, because next year I definitely plan on catching closing ceremonies ^_^

Nope the room deal coverd Monday night too. We checked out Tuesday morning. So you will be able to catch closing next year!  :D

Really? *shoots self for forcing myself to drive really tired up 101 for 40 minutes* I"ll keep that as a note for next year...

My comments on my stay at the Marriot:

1) Excellent food service. That food is to die for when you got a long day ahead of you: remember, breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it does HELP...

2) I thought I ordered a 2 bed room (ok 2 person)...I got one and I had to call in a roll-in. Maybe for next year, the ordering should be by the # of beds as well...just a suggestion. Also, a couple of my staffers that ordered the 3 or 4 person rooms only got 1 bed...that is a problem indeed...

3) The elevators felt like they were on NOS and at one point, sounded like they were gonna die from the strain of 'Con goers xD;

4) *random* had I known my E-gaming room was at the Hilton side...I would of booked at the Hilton...so I didnt need to take long walks =P
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

snorlax

Quote from: "shortpachoo"Could you also check mine too snorlax since I had the same problem

FANIMECON 2005, San Jose
FANIMECON  Confirmation #4804448 made on 04/02/2005
   CHANGED ON 04/02/2005

GUEST INFORMATION:       Christopher Greer

ARRIVAL DATE:          05/26/2005   
DEPARTURE DATE:          05/30/2005   
# OF NIGHTS:          4

TYPE:                TWO BEDDED ROOM   
OCCUPANCY:          Double - 2 Persons   
SPECIAL REQUESTS:       LATE ARRIVAL (AFTER 8 PM)

You also fall in the same category. There was no reason why you shouldn't have been given a room with two beds when you checked in. I'm very sorry for these inconveniences and have began communications with the Marriott about this. I don't know why this happened and my only guess is that the Marriott ended up giving out rooms with 2 beds to those that were never booked in one to begin with. I will make every attempt to not have this happen again. Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention.

yOna

I stayed at the Hilton.

Room service was horrible, well because- there was no room service. We requested numerous times for extra blankets. They said it was busy the first time- fine. The next few times....in the middle of the night? Um....

My friend, who wanted the extra blankets, went to the front desk to personally ask. They told her that they'll send up someone in 10 minutes, but no one showed up. We ended up pulling the sheets from in between the blankets and the bed for the extra so called blankets.

The cleaning lady always came by. She knocked on our door when we had our 'do not disturb' sign up, so I asked if she can come at another time. I think she got offended. Well the next day she asked, so I said that she may take the garbage, and that's all we really needed. We never got room service, and the garbage was still there. My friend and I had to take the garbage out ourselves, and used leftover safeway bags to use as trash bags.

There was always a constant knocking on our wall too, but that's not the hotel's fault.

Despite all of the bad room service, I didn't think the Hilton was that bad. It was quiet for the most part, and the elevators were speedy. I just wish we had gotten extra blankets when we really needed them.
Christine L.
FanimeCon Registration Staff