How was your hotel stay?(2005)

Started by Barnes, June 01, 2005, 09:16:51 PM

lying is an art form

Ouch, that sucked. I'll be sure to bring extra blankets/pillows next year when I stay at a hotel...
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

DayDreamerNessa

my big issue is that my bf and his friend CJ got there makeup stolen by the cleaning ladies!

now im kinda iffy about the marriott because like yeah it may be makeup this year, but what about next year, if this happens again, would they steal something else?

oh and the makeup we bought wasn't cheap =X it really disappointed me, i mean we were very nice to the ladies, so why the hell would they steal from us?!?!.... they had comfy beds, and refilled the towels so thats good, i could care less if they straightened up our rooms, there gonna be messy no matter what lol
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

snorlax

Quote from: "DayDreamerNessa"my big issue is that my bf and his friend CJ got there makeup stolen by the cleaning ladies!

now im kinda iffy about the marriott because like yeah it may be makeup this year, but what about next year, if this happens again, would they steal something else?

oh and the makeup we bought wasn't cheap =X it really disappointed me, i mean we were very nice to the ladies, so why the hell would they steal from us?!?!.... they had comfy beds, and refilled the towels so thats good, i could care less if they straightened up our rooms, there gonna be messy no matter what lol

I'm sorry, but how sure are you that they stole the makeup? I have dealt with hundreds of hotels and it is extremely rare that I hear of housekeeping 'stealing'. Did you report this to the front desk or to the housekeeping supervisor when you noticed that the make up was missing? Could it have been accidentally thrown away or misplaced somewhere else?  

Has anyone else had this similar experience at the Marriott San Jose? If so, please step up.

Leroy
CMR

Declinsion

My hotel stay was pretty nice. I was in the room much, but the beds were comfortable. So was the floor!

DayDreamerNessa

snorlax: because in the time we had left our room it was mess, yet when we came back it was clean with fresh towels, our beds were made and toiletries(sp?) were refilled

the makeup was sitting on the ironing board right in front of the door, so we noticed it right away that it was missing when we had returned to actually USE the makeup we know we didn't misplace it because it was in plain viewing sight for us. but the only people who can get into the room is us, and the cleaning ladies. we obviously didn't steal and we did not misplace it either, because it was right in our faces, and we were only gone for 2 hours.

we reported it and the people said they would 'rectify' (im assuming retrieve the loss makeup) but we never received our makeup, they offered us a free dessert, but come on free dessert compared to 20$+ makeup, but the main issue is that yeah they were trying to cover the loss of our makeup but it's the principal that they stole from guests is the issue, it makes me uncomftarble leaving things there now.
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

snorlax

I'm very sorry this happened to you. I've worked in a hotel for 5 years and have been working on conference management with numerous hotels for the past 6 years. I travel quite a bit and have never had any incidents with housekeeping. It's highly unusual that housekeeping would steal, but then again, there's always a bad apple somewhere. I'm wondering if housekeeping might have thrown it away accidentally? Which is no excuse either.

However, I would not let this incident discourage you from feeling safe to leave your things out.  If this was a sleazy motel..then yes, I wouldn't feel safe to leave my things either...but this is a national chain hotel and has a high reputation. Again, I'm sorry that this happened to you and that offering a free dessert does not compensate for your losses. My advice if this should ever happen again to you is to speak to a manager and demand that they either give you a credit off your room bill or have them reimburse you for your loss.

If you have valuables like money or jewelry, please use the safe in the room or at the front desk if there isn't one in the room.

~~Loktera~~

All I can really say was, GOOD GOD I LOVE THOSE SHOWERS!!!! THE WATER PRESSURE WAS FREEEEEEEEKIN AMAZING!!!!!
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

AmazonPrincess

I stayed in the Hyatt Sainte Claire, and I absolutely loved it. I didn't book through Fanime housing, as I made my con plans rather last minute. However I was able to get the con rate non-the-less, and their room service was great, the staff super nice, and matinence and housekeeping prompt. (We had slight toilet issues after three people and mexian food and needed more towels at one point and it took them only 10 minutes to get them up to us.) Hell, they didn't even ding me for the soaked pillow after my roommate drunkenly slept in the tub one night. (Plus, the bathrooms have really awesome ceiling art.)

I'm staying there next year. I don't mind walking across the street in costume.
"Just remember, wherever you go... There you are." -Buckaroo Banzai The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai

Tuplica

I stayed at the Hilton.

I'll start with the Cons, since they're what spring to mind...

Cons-

Beds: Oh man.  Did anyone else have big problems with the beds?  We had some relatives in the next room, and they had the same problem.  Basically, they felt old or worn in- the springs were really obvious and they made hideous creaking noises.  One of my friends complained about never being able to get a good night sleep on 'em.

Noise: It's not the hotel's fault, but the congoers (and other guests, I'll presume) were REALLY noisy on our level going back and forth through the halls and waiting at the elevators.  We were closer to the elevators than usual this year and on a lower level, which is probably why, since all previous years it's generally been quiet... Serious bummer.  Made it hard to sleep at times.

Pros-

-Very courteous staff, bellhops and roomservice people.

-Clean, decent setup with the electronics and the heating/cooling systems.

-EXCELLENT room-service.  The food is great, the portions are HUGE, the deliverer was always insanely sweet and courteous.

As a side note, in reference to the stealing that was mentioned in a prior post- I can't say it was exactly the same type of incident, but the one day we let a cleaning lady in, they cleaned -EVERYTHING-, including things we had intended to keep, like a good deal of food that was on the desk.  We were a little perturbed, but it didn't bother us too much since it was the last night (we hadn't let the maidservice in prior to then and hadn't had any problems with them bothering us with the sign up), but I think it might've been related to that- I can't say for certain, though.  I just know that they went over everything, and that only things that were in places that were obviously supposed to be left alone (bathrooms, beds, chairs, side-tables) were actually left alone.
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

yOna

tuplica...did you stay on the 5th floor? that was quite a noisy one.
Christine L.
FanimeCon Registration Staff

Tuplica

Actually, the fourth.  Though being consecutive floors, I'm not surprised they were both pretty bad...
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

Sen

Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"All I can really say was, GOOD GOD I LOVE THOSE SHOWERS!!!! THE WATER PRESSURE WAS FREEEEEEEEKIN AMAZING!!!!!

If you mean the Hilton then yes, the showers were AWESOME. I miss it.

I had a really pleasant stay at the Hilton. No problems whatsoever. We instructed the cleaning ladies to just clean our bathroom since we had a lot of band equipment in the rest of the room. And they did just that and left the rest of the room untouched.

I had no problems with the beds either. I found them quite comfy.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

Tuplica

Quote from: "Sen"
Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"All I can really say was, GOOD GOD I LOVE THOSE SHOWERS!!!! THE WATER PRESSURE WAS FREEEEEEEEKIN AMAZING!!!!!

If you mean the Hilton then yes, the showers were AWESOME. I miss it.

When I first read that, I didn't think much of it.  But with this response, now I remember- yes, the pressure was seriously intense.

...Could be why the rest of the bathroom turned into a pond, but hey. XP

Yukimi

hmm..  i stayed at the Ramada..  it wasn't bad...  the cost was pretty good, since i roomed with three friends.  the only problem was the light in the bathroom kept flickering when i turned it on..  and the sink got stuck once.  xD;  but the staff was very nice, and they fixed the sink for us.  :]  like the poor nerd that i am, the Ramada provided free breakfast, which was also very within my budget.  other than a few bad points, it was pretty good.  no stealing staff here!  

the only REALLY bad thing, if you're picky, is that the TV channels are crap.  but then again, if you spend the whole day at Fanime, do you REALLY want to watch TV?  o__o;

SweetNiar

Is there any rooms still available at the Hilton for '06??

Zain

Quote from: "SweetNiar"Is there any rooms still available at the Hilton for '06??

We haven't even started hotel registration for '06... All the rooms are available ;)

Keep an eye on the website within the next few months for hotel reg.
2007 Staff (Facilities, IT, Website, Publications)

MeliCat

I really like the Marriot, the beds are comfy and I always get a room with a good view. This last year I could peep down into the front area by the fountain, very cool. ^^ The elevators really are a pain, they lurch around alot, maybe because they're always packed? I hear the cleaning service was good, but personaly I had everything all over the floor so I kept them out until monday when I left. I didn't want some poor room-keeper so have to step around all my various outfits, merchandise and plushies. I wish they had iceboxes or something, but oh well.

Barnes

I think I changed my mind. If I go next year, I'll be back at the Marriott. Why? The pool and the gym 8)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Jyunishinsho

I got a room in the Hilton on the third floor, so going downstairs was no trip whatsoever! ^^

otakuya

Quote from: "Jyunishinsho"I got a room in the Hilton on the third floor, so going downstairs was no trip whatsoever! ^^
It was for me, cuz some stairs and doors were emergency exits going one way and regular entrances the other way. Going to the room was easy, going down was tiring, I had to go all the way to the end of the floor to use a non-emergency exit door.