How was your hotel stay?(2005)

Started by Barnes, June 01, 2005, 09:16:51 PM

CC

I've already posted my problems somewhere, but I'll do it again just for the heck of the thread. (which is apparently almost old, but eh, what can you do?)

-I had the same room problem at the Mariott, with ordering two beds and only getting one, but my roommates and I raised a fuss about it and got it fixed. The only thing wrong, ultimately, was that we got on a smoking floor, but no biggie there. Kind of sad that our room this year was smaller than last year's, but there's nothing to be done about that, since it slept the same number of people.

-All of you complaining about the lack of cold drinks? You can request a mini-fridge at the front desk at the Mariott. We got one, and it worked great. :)

-Never noticed anything with the elevators, other than that one that broke.

DayDreamerNessa, if you left your makeup near the door, maybe someone just came by and took it. I'm not saying it definitely wasn't them, but it's just another idea. Housekeeping leaves the door wide open when they clean, after all.
They do kind of clean with a vengeance, though... they threw away my plastic baggie that I used to carry my toothbrush...
Cosplay Ideas:

Too many to name!!!!!

hellangel

I stayed in the Marriot and thought it was fine ^___^ I also had the bed-issue, but I called a few days before con to make sure they got my rooming straight, at which time I fixed the problem. Yay =]
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

minajacinto

I stay at the Marriot too and i like it except that i was the only girl and my roommate where like 5 guys...but it was alright they were all of my friends. we all show the bill and i only pay about $40 ^___^. itwas my first time in fanime.

No fun with no lock in the bathroom thought....

hellangel

i think my bathroom had a lock though...
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

minajacinto

really???

That weird....everyone else i knew that went the the marriot didn't had locks....

Tuplica

Two questions:

First off, did anyone else have the 2 person+ room but only one bed issue in the Hilton?  I only found posts in this thread about the Mariott, but just checking...

Second... Snorlax... Did you ever find out anything official about what was going on with the Mariott?  I don't know about anyone else, but personally I'd avoid staying there just because of these problems I've been hearing if there's even a risk that it could happen again the next year...
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

Ayanami Rei First Child

I stayed at the Hilton....(I think that was the one right next to the con), and it was GREAT!! I shared the room with 4 people, but it was a lot of fun. It also costed a lot less then I would have thought it would....but we probably got some sort of Fanime discount thingy ^^;

This year though I'm thinking about getting a room with myself and maybeh someone else....mostly because I'm planning on crossplaying, and it'd be a little embaressing to share a room with the others....ESPECIALLY since one of them is a guy I know irl who I don't think would approve n stuff @.@

astroboy

Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"All I can really say was, GOOD GOD I LOVE THOSE SHOWERS!!!! THE WATER PRESSURE WAS FREEEEEEEEKIN AMAZING!!!!!
Thanks to California's never ending water shortages just about every house that was built in the last couple decades has "low-flow" shower heads. The newest houses have ultra low-flow shower heads. When I first moved into my current place and took a shower I wanted to cry. The water flow was so ridiculously low I felt like I was being pissed on.  :roll:

When Fanime 2006 comes, I'll be looking forward to taking long hot showers in the Hilton.  :D

Tuplica

Quote from: "astroboy"Thanks to California's never ending water shortages just about every house that was built in the last couple decades has "low-flow" shower heads. The newest houses have ultra low-flow shower heads. When I first moved into my current place and took a shower I wanted to cry. The water flow was so ridiculously low I felt like I was being pissed on.  :roll:

Wow, I had no idea.  Not just southern california, then?  I live in a very old house, so we don't have that problem... But we have crappy water pressure anyway, for some reason.  It was worse when we first moved in, but it's been improved since.  Really a shame...
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

phoenixphire24

My friends and I stayed at the Hyatt Sainte Claire and it was wonderful. The hotel is gorgeous, and the art in the bathroom is amazing. The staff was great and we parked our car for the whole weekend and didn't have to pay that much. It was a short walk to the convention center and well worth the price. We're planning to stay here for 2006 because it was so nice.

Oniko

Fanime 2004 I stayed at the marriott

Fanime 2005 I tried the Hilton.

In my opinion the marriott was much better.  I paid about the same amount of money if I remember right and got a much large room. It had a huge closet, tv, two beds, a little cubicle room attached with a desk and a huge bathroom.  Maybe I was just lucky that thats the room we got but I paid the regular amount.
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Oniko

Quote from: "minajacinto"I stay at the Marriot too and i like it except that i was the only girl and my roommate where like 5 guys...but it was alright they were all of my friends. we all show the bill and i only pay about $40 ^___^. itwas my first time in fanime.

No fun with no lock in the bathroom thought....

lol I remember that.  We just had a japanese style sliding door with no lock.  But it was all girls in my room anyways.
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

FanFicGuru

Stayed at the marriott. I loved every night. Great size, nice deep tub, etc.

I had a blast. It was all great.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: "astroboy"
Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"All I can really say was, GOOD GOD I LOVE THOSE SHOWERS!!!! THE WATER PRESSURE WAS FREEEEEEEEKIN AMAZING!!!!!
Thanks to California's never ending water shortages just about every house that was built in the last couple decades has "low-flow" shower heads. The newest houses have ultra low-flow shower heads. When I first moved into my current place and took a shower I wanted to cry. The water flow was so ridiculously low I felt like I was being pissed on.  :roll:

When Fanime 2006 comes, I'll be looking forward to taking long hot showers in the Hilton.  :D

Amen to that, brother!

If I remember correctly, the Hilton has nice closets. Plenty of space to put cosplays and enough room to sleep 2 people on the floor. ^^
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Sora

Last year, I was at the Marriott. And, the elevator got jammed (or was it another con? I don't remember too well). One person said that she would walk up to to her room, which would probably be 14 flights of stairs up. Besides that, the stay was good.
"Don't give me any orders."

Ruby

I still love the Marriott, which is why I got it for 2006 as well ;P I swear... Those beds are the most comfortable beds I have E-V-E-R[/b][/u] slept on. I just don't really like the lack of pressure the showers give..but hey, I can live with that. ^_^ ...I kinda don't like the fact the bathrooms don't have LOCKS on them..*cough* But I can deal with that as well. ;P Simply make a "Occupied/Vacant" turn-over sign to put over the knob...and just pray people read!  :roll:
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

Ruby

Quote from: "Edward Elric"Last year, I was at the Marriott. And, the elevator got jammed (or was it another con? I don't remember too well). One person said that she would walk up to to her room, which would probably be 14 flights of stairs up. Besides that, the stay was good.

XD It was most likely the Marriott, it pretty much broke one of the nights and it was taking for-freakin'-ever to get on it. :D 20 minute waits? Yes? It sucked. XD
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

Sora

Well, I'm at the Hilton this year, so I hope it's better. Elevator-wise.

Tuplica

The elevators at the Hilton are great.  And practically little to no lines for two years now.

Sora