Cosplay Chess!

Started by KindaRandomKris, June 05, 2005, 05:56:58 PM

Would you be interested in a game of Human Chess?

Yes, I'd take the part of a piece.
60 (70.6%)
Yes, I'd play the actual game on the smaller board.
5 (5.9%)
Yes, but I'd just watch.
14 (16.5%)
No.
6 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: June 05, 2005, 05:56:58 PM

Leishu

Update:

I have consulted with the awesome head of Live Programming and am currently working on a proposal/plan for this. I NEED to know whether people are actually interested in being PLAYERS of cosplay chess. We have a ton of cosplayers, now, but I have seen only one player respond on the polls.

Remember. Without people to play chess, cosplay chess cannot happen.
Kabe ni kono Nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.

Glitch

awsomeness.I'm all for it.I will be there at fanime ready to go.

Zekke

:wink: why not, I'm in for it too. but someone might have to help me out, I'm not exactly chess savy...

Leishu

We won't need too many players (and we obviously have more than enough cosplayers...). I'd say between sixteen and thirty two players would seat us quite nicely.

Leishu

Alrighty. My proposal has been sent to Jason Ebner, the Lord of Live Programming, as I've mentioned, but I shall outline what I have proposed to him here for your benefits (that is, the parts that are relevent to nonstaffmembers). If you want me to gush at you about my cosplay chess plans, feel free to IM me :3

Tenets of Fanime's cosplay chess:

1: Leading up to chess, a tourney of timed, short chess rounds (proposed at fifteen minutes timed per round, may up that time if we have less players)

2: The two winners of said tourney pick their cosplayers from the list of signed up cosplayers. Those cosplayers act as their pieces on a designated day for the final round.

3: Who knows? Depending on how much time and budget this thing has we may have time for best two out of three or something for the final round.

4: Cosplayers should be ready for photo-ops. :3

5: There will be a short meeting before the cosplay chess itself so that players and pieces can sign releases and whatnot and everybody can be clear on rules. ^_^

6: This is still definitely a work in progress but as of this time I have taken charge of cosplay chess. I don't do things halfway so, Jason's approval permitting, I WILL make this work and it will be fun for all. If you have suggestions and commentary or would like to see the proposal itself feel free to IM me. The same goes for if you would like to help to make this happen. I'm figuring that the staff for this event, should it go through, will be at MOST four or five people, maybe six.

MeliCat

That sounds awesome! : 3 Just let me know where to sign up and what day you are planning this all for when you figure it out.

Tsukai Mori

Quote from: "Leishu"
Tenets of Fanime's cosplay chess:

1: Leading up to chess, a tourney of timed, short chess rounds (proposed at fifteen minutes timed per round, may up that time if we have less players)

2: The two winners of said tourney pick their cosplayers from the list of signed up cosplayers. Those cosplayers act as their pieces on a designated day for the final round.

So, all I got to do is beat this tourney and I'll be a candidate to direct this army of cosplayers? Heh...heheheh.... HAHAHA! Oh my! Follow me! I'll lead you to hell and back (within chess rules of coursee).

Glitch

*Looks at rules.* Everything seems to be in order.I just hope I still get to use my megaphone for shouting where each of the chess players wants their pieces to move. ^^

Zekke

Will the floor (Palying board) have like numbers on it so the pieces know where to go? I want to be a piece but I dont know about all the moves Pieces make, like Knight to E-7 or what not..  :oops:

Kazuko

:3 i wanna be a cute chess peice, i think it would be super cool. though i dont know much of the moves like Rook go to E-3 and what not XP

Still im down for it :3, just i need time and area. so i can try to get my friends to join in too

Leishu

We're probably more likely to be giving explicit directions to pieces.

IE: You! The crossplaying Queen Beryl! Move two spaces forward and one space to the right! Take that six-foot tall Hinata!

Kazuko

Quote from: "Leishu"We're probably more likely to be giving explicit directions to pieces.

IE: You! The crossplaying Queen Beryl! Move two spaces forward and one space to the right! Take that six-foot tall Hinata!
YAY!

xD i would love to see a crossplaying queen beryl

Leishu

Trust me on this one... you wouldn't :p

The first and only one I saw (Fanime 97) still haunts my nightmares today (300+ pounds)

Kazuko

XD scary!
maybe if he was slimmer :3

sharingannosasuke

say the word, and i'll defend...
oh and in the rules, they say the pieces battle one on one..
does that mean actual fighting?
feh.. nani wo mitsumeteiru darou

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: "sharingannosasuke"say the word, and i'll defend...
oh and in the rules, they say the pieces battle one on one..
does that mean actual fighting?

Hmmmmm Battle chess.... ^^
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

britedarkness

I'd definitely want to be a player! Heck... it would be cool to be a player and wear a crown and be the king piece!

swordman85

Hey I'll be in the chess game as a chess piece.  Just let me know what day.  If possible I'd like to be a rook.  my email is [email protected]

MarioShrooms

I'm totaly for this, even more so if we can get a game of Naruto cosplayers vs BLEACH cosplayers.

Blues

Bleach nothing; Narutards vs One Piece.  May the best pirate win.

"Do a flip!"