Cosplay Chess!

Started by KindaRandomKris, June 05, 2005, 05:56:58 PM

Would you be interested in a game of Human Chess?

Yes, I'd take the part of a piece.
60 (70.6%)
Yes, I'd play the actual game on the smaller board.
5 (5.9%)
Yes, but I'd just watch.
14 (16.5%)
No.
6 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: June 05, 2005, 05:56:58 PM

britedarkness

Or get a bunch of Disgaea cosplayers.  Pengie Pawns ftw.

Bankai_Devil

so when is this going as cause i want to plan the costume for my piece (any piece is cool)

sharingannosasuke

if you want i could be a player..
oh and to respond to myself, the "fighting" that goes on,
you don't actually hit each other, it's just like uncoreographed fighting like in the movies.. thanks to my friend in boston..
feh.. nani wo mitsumeteiru darou

Ikariya

I voulenteer to be a black knight. I'm cosplaying FFVII:AC Cloud and am going to be wearing black anyway. :twisted:
I am a leaf in the wind,
watch me soar.

Earthbounder

I'd definately be up for it.

I'd be willing to play any piece, preferably a white piece (I'll be in my Captain Smoker costume most of the time, thats why XD)
Costumes Planned for Fanime
Kurosaki Isshin (Bleach) - 90%
Smoker (One Piece) - 95%
Maes Hughes (FMA) - 98%

Yankumi

I volunteer for any piece (although it sounds like the chess players will be making those decisions?).  I'll be cosplaying as Youji from White Cross, which is, conveniently, a black costume ^_^

[email protected]

Spike Spiegel {CB}

I'm in, i'll be spike spiegel and i can maybe get my friends light and dark vash the stampeed in on it too

Ikariya

Has anything been finalized for this event? I keep checking back and I don't see any status update ;__;  I have to work the dealers room and need to know what time I need to be at the chessboard!
Thanks in advance! email me at [email protected]
I am a leaf in the wind,
watch me soar.

AnnoyedWabbit

well, this is late, but i'd like o be a chess piece! my costume's sorta evenly divided between white and black, but whatever.

If you need extra chess players (as opposed to pieces) on any day of the con, i could make my boyfriend play, since he actually knows how to play chess. He's not on the forums, though. :(
Cosplay Fanime 2009:
Alcia Melchiott and Welkin Gunther (Valkyria Chronicles)
Can I actually finish this without a)failing out of my senior year and b)killing myself? Only time will tell.

matsoru

I bet it's too late to ask to join in, but I'd love to be a part of it.

SweetNiar

:arrow: i would also like to know if there is going to be a set time and day for this event! :)

Kyle stabell

if there's any open spaces left I'd like to be a peace
Cosplay costumes:
2 Ranma outfits - 100% done
Himura Kenshin - 100% done
MGS2 guard - 85% done

FanFicGuru

I'm coming as Aizen.

I"d like to be a player...or a piece. ^_^
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

lying is an art form

Kris, any updates? :P
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

Velvy

This sounds really interesting, although it's getting close to the con, so is this an actual event that will take place?

BunofGovt

Dagnabbit.  Looks like my time at Fanime is going to be cut short.  I also would like to know when/what day/time the chess game will be played so I can plan accordingly (oooo sounds so grown up!). :wink:
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Gainax Boy

I think I would like to Volunteer to be a Knight or a King ^__^
"Hail Gainax, Hail Fanservice, Hail the Otaking!!" ^_^

Ska_Kitti

I have recently spoken to Jason Ebner about Cosplay Chess. Since there has been a change in administration in Tabletop who had originally partnered with Ebner to create this event and there has been little planning of this event including the location and general safety, Cosplay Chess has been dropped this year.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

sharingannosasuke

NOOOOOOO!!!!!

darn...
feh.. nani wo mitsumeteiru darou

StrawberryNeko

i wonder if kris knows?