Cosplay Chess!

Started by KindaRandomKris, June 05, 2005, 05:56:58 PM

Would you be interested in a game of Human Chess?

Yes, I'd take the part of a piece.
60 (70.6%)
Yes, I'd play the actual game on the smaller board.
5 (5.9%)
Yes, but I'd just watch.
14 (16.5%)
No.
6 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: June 05, 2005, 05:56:58 PM

KindaRandomKris

Hey! Anyone interested in helping to organize a Human Chess game?
I'm in the process of making the giant chessboard, but I'll need 32 different cosplayers to take the parts of the pieces, and at least one pair of experienced players that want to play the actual game, on a smaller board.

I'll update more when I get more organized, or when more people show interest.

Hooha!

EDIT: List removed. Be patient, folks, it'll be back. Promise.
Proud SJSU Spartan - because hell is warmer than San Luis Obispo.
-
I take random people's AIM sn's and put them on my buddylist.
And then I never talk to them and forget who they are.

Leishu

I'd totally do that.
Kabe ni kono Nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.

KindaRandomKris

Quote from: "Inu_Ranma"I'd totally do that.

X3
Yay!
I'll probably need to get this ok'd with the Fanime staff (especially if we have to have it indoors - the sun and all that), but I'm pretty sure I can pull this off. Just need... oh, 30 more people.

Around two months before Fanime, if people are still interested, I will start compiling a list of who wants to be chess pieces (and which pieces, at that), and people who would want to be the players.
-

Leishu

I think it would be awesome if we could set the board up on the Civic Center floor and have players on the opposite sides of the Mezzanine.

Inu, pipe-dreamer.

KindaRandomKris

Quote from: "Inu_Ranma"I think it would be awesome if we could set the board up on the Civic Center floor and have players on the opposite sides of the Mezzanine.

Inu, pipe-dreamer.

Haha... it would be awesome, but I think the best we can hope for is maybe the area on either side of the fountains, or a section of hallway on the first floor of the convention center. Even that might be too much.
-

Ikari

Dan Hibiki must be the king.
You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on an otaku. Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp pocky stick in your eye.
F'nOtaku - Celebrating 100 Years Of Annoying Fans

Leishu

Hmmm....

Strip-cosplay Yaoi chess.

:D

VictimX

I want in this chess game, not the yaoi one but the regular one, sounds great. Well the yaoi would be something...?

KindaRandomKris

Oooh so many people. =3

The yaoi game could be after the normal one? I dunno. Still have so much time to plan.

And dammit, my board prototype is dead. My brother spilled stuff on it. Already.
-

lying is an art form

Kris I'm so in! It's me from AIM (weirdaznfool) haha. Anyways, how about the way of capturing pieces be by glomping? Or for Kakashi, we could do Thousand Years of Pain?
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

KindaRandomKris

Quote from: "Itachi no Jutsu"Kris I'm so in! It's me from AIM (weirdaznfool) haha. Anyways, how about the way of capturing pieces be by glomping? Or for Kakashi, we could do Thousand Years of Pain?

I personally don't like glomping, but if people want to do that, yus, we shall.

The ones who don't like glomping, could maybe be in character. Like, ifi there's a Gaara: "Desert Coffin!"

Yus.
-

VictimX

Now this would be cosplay chess so would it be of our choosing on what to wear or would there be some set of guide lines?

KindaRandomKris

Quote from: "VictimX"Now this would be cosplay chess so would it be of our choosing on what to wear or would there be some set of guide lines?

Any cosplay from any series. Granted, this started out as a Naruto chess thing, but it seems not enough Naruto cosplayers are interested in putting forth the effort to stand on a chessboard. So now it's a free for all.

Yay!
-

VictimX

Sounds even better now, also I want to be a knight :D

KindaRandomKris

We just need a place to have this game. I don't think outside would be very smart - unless we have a tent or canopy or something. Where do you think we'd be allowed to have our little game?
-

VictimX

Other then the main entrance or out side I'm not sure?

KindaRandomKris

Quote from: "VictimX"Other then the main entrance or out side I'm not sure?

If we don't have a smaller chessboard, the main entrance might work. the players could stand up on the balcony, or something. Maybe one of the hallways to the side? Of course, we might get into trouble for obstructing traffic. =3
-

VictimX

Well maybe if it was held late at night it wouldn't be so bad?

KindaRandomKris

Quote from: "VictimX"Well maybe if it was held late at night it wouldn't be so bad?

And therein lies the problem. I can only stay till about 10, 11 latest each night. If only I weren't a teenager.

EDIT: One of my friends just brought up an interesting situation. If there are more than two games played, the cosplayers who want to be pieces but couldn't could maybe switch with cosplayers who don't want to be pieces anymore. That way, more people are able to be on the board.
-

Auron-X

I would hella love to be in this. Chess peice or player, i dont care.
Dude you're the sasquatch you're real! I knew it all along! Naw jk but thats your nickname now hehe- Sword

I am also known as Sasquatch and Pervy Shoujo Man!