Dance Dance Fanime! 2006 DDR Tourney

Started by Spiritsnare, June 13, 2005, 08:30:43 PM

sol.ch

most definitely going to enter, though it's been very long since I played DDR...not when an ITG2 dedicab is so close to my home... :roll: ....but let's see what happens.

zoupzuop2

Well, shouldn't it be a small jump from playing ITG2 to DDR? The first time I played ITG2 (I'd been playing DDR for three years before then), it was only a matter of time before I was doin' the higher-level stuff (WITHOUT MINES). The jump backwards should be relatively easy.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

sol.ch

The main problem is that I'm having a very, very hard time adjusting to those solo arrows on DDR.  When I'm playing songs like Waka Laka, it's near impossible to see those arrows when I'm going over 500 BPM with the firecrackers in the background :(.  My accuracy drops like no other on DDR for some reason, I'm assuming it's because ITG had Fantastic+Excellent, and DDR is all PA.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "sol.ch"The main problem is that I'm having a very, very hard time adjusting to those solo arrows on DDR.  When I'm playing songs like Waka Laka, it's near impossible to see those arrows when I'm going over 500 BPM with the firecrackers in the background :(.  My accuracy drops like no other on DDR for some reason, I'm assuming it's because ITG had Fantastic+Excellent, and DDR is all PA.

Try playing Nonstop/Oni to enable Marvelouses.
epic progressive

vox

Khaistyle

Wow I haven't played DDR in a long time. I've been too busy with ITG2 doubles. Yesterday I played one game of doubles on Extreme at the boardwalk and I was pretty impressed. PSMO 1.5x 29 greats 1 miss. Last I checked I couldn't even pass it. That was about a year ago of course, when I sucked ass at doubles. Thanks Roxor for making me good.
I DONT PLAY BEMANI ANYMORE, BITCHES!!

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: "Khaistyle"Wow I haven't played DDR in a long time. I've been too busy with ITG2 doubles. Yesterday I played one game of doubles on Extreme at the boardwalk and I was pretty impressed. PSMO 1.5x 29 greats 1 miss. Last I checked I couldn't even pass it. That was about a year ago of course, when I sucked ass at doubles. Thanks Roxor for making me good.
Wanna work on DDR again before we play Supernova?
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

sol.ch

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "sol.ch"The main problem is that I'm having a very, very hard time adjusting to those solo arrows on DDR.  When I'm playing songs like Waka Laka, it's near impossible to see those arrows when I'm going over 500 BPM with the firecrackers in the background :(.  My accuracy drops like no other on DDR for some reason, I'm assuming it's because ITG had Fantastic+Excellent, and DDR is all PA.

Try playing Nonstop/Oni to enable Marvelouses.

Still not the same.  This sounds lame, but small things such as the arrows (even the stationary ones) bother me enough to throw in a few greats.  On ITG, I've "AAA"d (Fantastics+Excellents) all the way up to 10-footer experts/Challenge and even ***'d 7-8 footer Hard/Standards...

but on DDR, I can't even AAA Butterfly <_<.  Yes, I know timing is a bit tighter on DDR, but nonetheless it just FEELS different.  Anyone who has played on an ITG2 dedicab and a good conditioned DDR Extreme machine knows what I'm talking about.  

If I'm able to verify that I can attend this con, I'll work on just DDR for this tourney so I can get back and sharpening up my DDR.  Hopefully I'll be good enough to take 3rd, seems Oni and Khai will take 1st + 2nd unless some mysterious foe pops in out of nowhere and AAAs PSMO before our eyes or I manage to improve like hella and finally AA that #@%*n PSMO.

lying is an art form

I'll take like... 50th seeing how many DDR players there'll be at the con O_O I'm clearly outclassed XD
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Itachi no Jutsu"I'll take like... 50th seeing how many DDR players there'll be at the con O_O I'm clearly outclassed XD

That's the curse of being in California. You may be able to kick ass at like, say, regionals in Kansas, but California...hooooo boy.
epic progressive

vox

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: "sol.ch"
If I'm able to verify that I can attend this con, I'll work on just DDR for this tourney so I can get back and sharpening up my DDR.  Hopefully I'll be good enough to take 3rd, seems Oni and Khai will take 1st + 2nd unless some mysterious foe pops in out of nowhere and AAAs PSMO before our eyes or I manage to improve like hella and finally AA that #@%*n PSMO.
Me and Khai had a very good and close match at Scottsvalle.  But I've seen better. My friend Geoff and Joseph are pretty good too.  And don't forget Tigger Eugene and Kayoss, I'm a noob compare to them.
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

zoupzuop2

Quote from: "OniCourseMusha"
Quote from: "sol.ch"
Me and Khai had a very good and close match at Scottsvalle.  But I've seen better. My friend Geoff and Joseph are pretty good too.  And don't forget Tigger Eugene and Kayoss, I'm a noob compare to them.
Ah, I remember that match too... good times... good times.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Khaistyle

Yeah, I should practice Supernova so I can place in this thing. Craig you and I should meet up when MGL gets it. ITG is still fun though and now I've passed everything on doubles except for Vertex^2. Too bad fanime would never get an ITG machine for a tournament.
I DONT PLAY BEMANI ANYMORE, BITCHES!!

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: "Khaistyle"Yeah, I should practice Supernova so I can place in this thing. Craig you and I should meet up when MGL gets it. ITG is still fun though and now I've passed everything on doubles except for Vertex^2. Too bad fanime would never get an ITG machine for a tournament.
My legs are very rusty from not playing ITG2 ever since the mall took away the dedicated cab. Trying to pass Bloodrush and Summer Speedy mix both on expert again.
Kraken Con Staff

zoupzuop2

So, is there a solid date? ARE the Cosplay PA and FS still available? Is the TOURNAMENT still going on?

Anything new at ALL? Or are we just sorta dead here?

OniCourseMusha

Heard that Bearcade is going to sell the conversion kit of DDR supernova around August.
Turns out that we ran our luck on having Supernova for this Fanime unless you're very lucky enough to find an arcarde who has the dedicated cab.
Kraken Con Staff

Spiritsnare

I've heard dedicabs are currently looking to ship around June.

But then again, Europe already has their machines, so maybe we may have ours?
epic progressive

vox

deepbluevibes

zoupzuop2

The question still stands. On what day, during which times, will the tourney be? Has that been determined yet? Still deciding?

zoupzuop2

Given that the tournament is now dead, I propose something to keep people coming...

...how about the select few of us just start wagering cash on the winner? The two opponents can "bet", like in Poker, amongst themselves, whilst we observers can place wagers of our own!

...or does DDR count as a sporting event, making it illegal?

Spiritsnare

...DDR is a sport in Norway, if I remember correctly. :lol:
epic progressive

vox