Dance Dance Fanime! 2006 DDR Tourney

Started by Spiritsnare, June 13, 2005, 08:30:43 PM

Chibblz

Oni - what color..? o.o;

Spirit - RAWR!! I need it back, though!! Time is running so slowly without it!! ><;;;

OniCourseMusha

Purple and white
That's my High School color.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Chibblz

purple and white... think it'll go well with black and white? O.o

Magical Senpai

Spirtsnare, the tourney rules sound good so far, I wonder what mix we're gonna use for the thing?

OniCourseMusha

Let's freestyle to 4th mix plus songs!

PA wise, DDR EX is good.
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Magical Senpai

4th+? Time to see if I should revive my "Oh Rich Please Not So Quick" routine... :P

Spiritsnare

I've tried reorganizing the information into something more simple. Here we go.

-=-

Dance Dance Fanime! 1.5thMIX: the fanimecon 2k6 ddr tourney

All calculations are based upon...

• The fact that ABSOLUTE (5th Mix) and AROMDAON 21C (3rdKoreanv2) tie for the longest normal-ver. song playable in any arcade version of DDR at 1:50. (Home versions, starting with Extreme 2, have Infinite Prayer (a solid two minutes).
  • The fact that Song Select in Extreme is a maximum of 90 seconds at default.
-=-

Global Rules | these rules apply to any of the tourney brackets

• If custom step edits are allowed for that particular bracket, the Beginner Mode FailOff/FailEndOfStage trick will be prohibited. (This is when you access your edit on Beginner, preventing failure on the first stage or preventing failure until the end of the song for any subsequent stages.)
  • Machine difficulty is set to 4.
  • Unless otherwise specified, all games consist of three songs, not including Extra or One More Extra Stages; those may be earned at the mercy of The Machine itself. (If we play on 4th+, there are no EX/OMES stages.)
-=-

Perfect Attack | step accurately and win

• The Perfect Attack tournament will consist of Standard and Heavy/Oni brackets - Sorry, Light players!
  • Eight people maximum per bracket.
  • The tournament will be in the Single Elimination format -- if you lose, you're out!
  • Judging will solely be on the number of Perfects attained. If a tie in Perfects ensue, score will be the next judgement.
  • For the final round of the Heavy/Oni championship, players will have to select between the Random (Difficult) Oni courses or the Legend Road. The one who lasts the longest is the winner!
  • For the final round of the Standard tournament, finalists will be forced to play Random All or Random Caprice (Standard) Nonstop. The winner will be determined by Perfects.

If all goes well, one bracket will take about 1hr 10min.
-=-

Freestyle | because we love people doing ridiculous things on a ddr pad

• Freestyle tournaments may be broken down into Edit and Original brackets, depending on the availability of memory card slots and/or people wanting to play with an edit. I'll probably end up having them combined, just with a -5 penalty for edits.
  • Freestyle players will have one stage in which to show their moves.
  • A panel of three judges will judge by the following card:

• The top two freestylers get an encore to battle it out for the crowd's heart -- Yes, the finals are judged by the crowd!
  • The champion gets one more extra stage to wrap up the tournament. ^_^
continued on next post...
epic progressive

vox

Spiritsnare

continued from last post

Cosplay Events | because we love you too

Cosplay Perfect Attack

See Perfect Attack, except with the following add-ons:
  • No edits.
  • More points are awarded for complexity of cosplay.
Cosplay Freestyle

See Freestyle, except limited to cosplayers -- think simplified Der Cosplay skits atop a DDR pad!
  • Edits are allowed, but you'll be penalized slightly for their use.
  • Points are awarded for complexity of cosplay.
More revisions to come. :3 What do you guys think?
epic progressive

vox

Chibblz

Oh, wow.. You've got this all planned out. Two thumbnails up for you. *laugh* And I read them all, and I think you deserve a cookie or two.

I feel a need to start playing DDR again for some reason, though... But the last time I played, I jumped and landed my foot on the metal bed frame... Haha. If I don't get any better by Fanime, I'll stick to cheering with Oni's pompoms.. Then again... If I manage to get any better, I'd probably go for the cosplay one. *evil laugher, even though she knows she isn't going to get any better at DDR than she already isn't because she sucks really bad, considering she almost killed herself last time with the bed frame because she's a loser like that and she'sactingreallyhyperandwishesshewouldplayonstandard* o.o;

Long

I don't really DDR, but my friend does and she's rather good, not only that, but last Fanime, she did it in about foot and a half high platform shoes in a maid dress. It was killer! I couldn't stop laughing when she beat the guy, and then this old creepy asian dude kept following her around telling her how great she was.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Chibblz"she'sactingreallyhyperandwishesshewouldplayonstandard* o.o;

Home DDR versions have Lesson Mode. It's awesome. For one thing, it helped me get onto Heavy more quickly.
epic progressive

vox

Chibblz

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "Chibblz"she'sactingreallyhyperandwishesshewouldplayonstandard* o.o;

Home DDR versions have Lesson Mode. It's awesome. For one thing, it helped me get onto Heavy more quickly.
*bites you* yah, but i'm quite the klutz... oh yah.. ps. i got an aim virus, and it's killing me. *forced to use msn* x.o;

OniCourseMusha

I don't think Legend Road on the final is a good idea.

U know that there are people are afraid or don't play Oni Courses. And plus HOW MANY PEOPLE EVEN LAST MAX300 ON ONI??
Kraken Con Staff

Spiritsnare

That's why Legend Road's a maybe; ITG2 is currently pushing players to star Pandemonium and Vertex2 Expert that anything on DDR - and I'll repeat it again, anything on DDR -- will be nothing. Giving them Random may not even present them with a challenge -- last time I did that, I got Graduation/Remember You/Super Star EX/think ya better D. It's not even worth anything.

I might have to do some more research on EX AC nonstop courses before I start finalizing it all, though. Maybe we'll set them on Trick?
epic progressive

vox

OniCourseMusha

Dont even think ITG is more popular than DDR! They tried way too hard to make songs hard for your feet cannot handle *75% bar rapes that game*! Pandemonium and Euphoria are overdone expert steps!

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Maybe we'll set them on Trick?
EASY WIN FOR ME!!
Kraken Con Staff

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "OniCourseMusha"
Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Maybe we'll set them on Trick?
EASY WIN FOR ME!!
Heyheyheyhey -- I said maybe. ;)
epic progressive

vox

Nina Star 9

spiritsnare- on cosplay freestyle, does it matter if it is on a certain mode? like, if i only want to play on basic or trick, are points taken off? or is it based just on the performance of your dance or whatever and how well you do on the song, whatever mode it happens to be?

long- foot and a half? XD wow.. i never knew i was that good at DDR and that my shoes were THAT tall! XD (by the way, the guy i was playing with kicked my butt badly. ^.~)

Loco:Neko

AH!   :D  I can't wait!  I missed you guys freestyling last year.  I was so sad.  And now cosplay DDR.  Sounds awesome!  Can't wait!

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"spiritsnare- on cosplay freestyle, does it matter if it is on a certain mode? like, if i only want to play on basic or trick, are points taken off? or is it based just on the performance of your dance or whatever and how well you do on the song, whatever mode it happens to be?

It's freestyle, not PA - we don't penalize you for playing easier difficulties. In fact, on some songs, we encourage it.
epic progressive

vox

Magical Senpai

Hm, are E-Gaming staffers alllowed to enter? If so, I think I have the perfect freestyle routine for Mobo Moga.

Now to find me a maid cosplayer...