Fanime '07 Promises

Started by ~~Loktera~~, June 16, 2005, 10:17:04 AM

Ayapon

Quote from: "Tony"
Aww!  :(

Maybe this year you can actually lounge with the guests, instead of being their nanny for the weekend!

Yes, I hope to just hang out with people in 2006!   :D
Aya Chow
Totally Relaxed Now (2006)
Fanime Director of Guest Relations (1999-2005)

"Kakashi" icon by krispy_kira @ LJ.com

PassingTheBuck

I promise to be a gentler, kinder person...
I promise to listen more often to those who are whining around me...
I promise not to use the 'Fist of Death' on Fanboys who think they are funny after throwing up on the new carpet outside Ballroom 'A'...
I promise not to try and bury any more Fanboys bodies inside the convention center...
I promise to smile through clenched teeth to the prattling of FanGirls who think they are cute, but who are very drunk and couldn't walk straight to save their lives...
I promise not to consider playing 'drop kick to the freeway from the top of the hotel roof' those who move my DDR machines...
I promise to smile more often when I want to scream at Fanboys who can't figure out what a shower is used for...
I promise to not to run over any more Fanboys who sleep in the middle of the concourse, thinking it's their bedroom's
I promise to enjoy the humor of someone getting masking tape to a pillar before I want to pull out my flamethrower and use it on them.
I promise not to think about cutting off the hands of anyone found to have been stealing in our Dealers' Room's
I promise to get more sleep and not wonder if the hotel is on fire when ConOps calls me in the middle of the night.
I promise to see the humor in shopping cart races in the middle of a crowded concourse as they chase a man in a six foot tall squirrel costume.
I promise that I will not hassle Fanboys sleeping in the Video room by screaming at them, that I am Death and you're next on my list, in their exposed ears
I promise that next year I will be a kinder and gentler person...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Ayapon

Quote from: "PassingTheBuck"I promise to be a gentler, kinder person...
I promise to listen more often to those who are whining around me...
I promise not to use the 'Fist of Death' on Fanboys who think they are funny after throwing up on the new carpet outside Ballroom ‘A’...
I promise not to try and bury any more Fanboys bodies inside the convention center...
I promise to smile through clenched teeth to the prattling of FanGirls who think they are cute, but who are very drunk and couldn’t walk straight to save their lives...
I promise not to consider playing 'drop kick to the freeway from the top of the hotel roof' those who move my DDR machines...
I promise to smile more often when I want to scream at Fanboys who can't figure out what a shower is used for...
I promise to not to run over any more Fanboys who sleep in the middle of the concourse, thinking it’s their bedroom…
I promise to enjoy the humor of someone getting masking tape to a pillar before I want to pull out my flamethrower and use it on them…
I promise not to think about cutting off the hands of anyone found to have been stealing in our Dealers’ Room…
I promise to get more sleep and not wonder if the hotel is on fire when ConOps calls me in the middle of the night…
I promise to see the humor in shopping cart races in the middle of a crowded concourse as they chase a man in a six foot tall squirrel costume…
I promise that I will not hassle Fanboys sleeping in the Video room by screaming at them, that I am Death and you’re next on my list, in their exposed ear…
I promise that next year I will be a kinder and gentler person...

But then you wouldn't be you, the crochety old man that we all know and love!  :P
Aya Chow
Totally Relaxed Now (2006)
Fanime Director of Guest Relations (1999-2005)

"Kakashi" icon by krispy_kira @ LJ.com

Cryz

Quote from: "Acid_Android"I promise to bring a camera next time.
I promise to catch more film screenings.
I promise to bring lots more money.
I promise to be less shy around everyone.
I promise I'll hang around my friends a lot more instead of randomly running off to different places (I'm so sorry; I really wanted to see Sotaro-san -er ZZ- as much as possible at all the Q&A's/autograph sessions, etc xDDD)
I promise to sing something other than L'Arc~en~Ciel songs at Karaoke, hahaha (I know I butchered Jiyuu e no Shoutai and Blurry Eyes :oops: )

I know honestly Val you should have spent more time with us instead of stalking Sotaro. goshness.

ph34r the Neko Taka! >D

proud recipent of Hayato's ecchi smile

Pimpstress Rei

I promise to make Tony relax during the weekend, and especially during MusicFest. By any means necessary  :wink:

I promise to make sure the newsletter goes well this year.

I promise to have the program guides out ON TIME this year.

I promise to have kick ass flyers floating about to draw in more people so DealerDave will love me and bow before me cuz people are buying so much stuff.

I promise to try to understand and not give the look of death at the Fanboys who go near me and smell me o.O

I promise to try to understand and not give the look of death at the Fangirls who go near me and smell me O.o

I promise to keep the 'girls' on lockdown so as not to have dirty dirty men stare at me this year  :evil:

I promise to spend more in the dealer's room.

I promise not to absolutely destroy Milton's ego by shooting Nerf sticky bullets at him in his hotel room by using my ninja appear/disappear.
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

astroboy

I promise to kick myself in the a** and make a costume.

I promise to at least stop by GakuFest/MusicFest for once. :wink:

I promise not to have flash backs of the video game Mario Kart everytime I see a senior Fanime staffer ride one of these:

hakudoushi

i promise that i will not leave in the middle of DerCosplay.

i promise that i will ENTER dercosplay

i promise that i will edit my costume so it looks right

i promise that i will actually buy the stuff i want

i promise ill be there at least 3 days

AND I PROMISE TO ANNOY ALL THE FANIME STAFF PEOPLE TILL THE DIE IF THEY DONT GET THE SCHEDULE OUT ON TIME

:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
no really, i have a pet ninja.

yukie utsumi

I promise to have an awesome Kasumi costume :D
I promise to save up more money
I promise to eat more instead of spending my money in the dealer's room
I promise to go to the AMV showings
I promise to get up the urge to play DDR in public
I promise to actually get the nerve to go up and talk to fanime people  :oops:
Fanime 2006 Cosplays
FongLing (Resident Evil: Dead Aim)
Kaoru Kamiya (Rurouni Kenshin)
*NEW* Kasumi (DOA2U Blue Ninja version)

frumpy

I promise not to try ordering staff around.
I promise not to yell at staff.
I promise not to get involved with con politics.

:-#
Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

fr33lanc3r

i promise to cosplay next year with my friends.
i promise to take more pictures! without looking like a perverted teenager bent on dirty thoughts.
i promise to make new friends.
i promise to make enough money to buy that damn domokun plushie...
i promise to attend more of the events to make my 2nd convension more interesting.

i promise not to spend $200 in the dealers room in 6 hours (on the first day)...

Ari

I promise to bring a whole lot more money (70 just isn't enough! :( )
I promise to beat the snot out of the next person who buys the last FF9 piano book before I do
I promise to at least try and converse and make new friends besides just hanging out with the people i came with
I promise to go for at least the whole weekend

-Things I wish i could promise but probably wont get around to doing anyways-

Costume... uhhh
Costume and
Costume

Shinsengumi

I promise that I'll make more friends and to hang out with them
I promise that I'll have more than one costume for FanimeCon 2006
I promise to talk to some fan girls  8)
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

likkyan

Quote from: "Pimpstress Rei"I promise to make sure the newsletter goes well this year.

I promise to have the program guides out ON TIME this year.

I promise to have kick ass flyers floating about to draw in more people so DealerDave will love me and bow before me cuz people are buying so much stuff.
<3<3<3!  :D

I promise to finish my Hatoko costume.
I promise to follow through with the Cosplay Chess idea, and whatever work that entails.
I promise to suck it up and hit on all the gorgeous people I really want to hit on, instead of being a wimp.  T.T;  Subtly, ofc.  And politely.
I promise to go to DerCosplay, if only for the chance to see TeniMyUSA X3
I promise to ditch my lamer friends if they want to do nothing besides sit around in a hotel room when there are other things going on.
I promise not to get saddled with any of my friends' siblings, no matter how many favors I owe them, if they are rabid, biting, money-sucking, whiny little leeches.
I promise to not hassle staff.  <3
I promise to try harder to make all of the autograph/meet&greet panels.
I promise to enjoy MusicFest as much as I have for the past four years.
I promise to not mind the glares/leers/dirty looks/conservative outrage generated by my unusual black & white (yet long sleeved and fully covering) wardrobe.
I promise not to get mad at males who lack the decency to say a simple hello, and instead simply walk up, stare at my chest (read my shirt), and then walk away.
I promise to not take no for an answer when attempting to find Disgaea doujin.
I promise not to sleep in chairs anymore, and to bring an extra blanket so that I can move to sleeping on the windowsill for all three nights.  Best view to wake up staring out at, unless you've got a really gorgeous someone in your bed.
"Only in Europe can you suck down a fag and be gay, but not homosexual."

M

Quote from: "Pimpstress Rei"I promise not to absolutely destroy Milton's ego by shooting Nerf sticky bullets at him in his hotel room by using my ninja appear/disappear.

Bring It On!

and back to the thread.

• I promise to get more than 10 minutes of sleep.
  • I promise to push, poke, and do whatever I can to get those Program Guides, Signs, Flyers, etc. out on time.
  • I promise to CATCH and STEAL every bullet that Marie shoots at me so that she can run around con with a Nerf gun without ammo. :D
  • I promise to actually hang out with friends this year.
  • I promise NOT to tease the Old Fogey in a Cart. :P
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Pimpstress Rei

Quote from: "MPLe"
  • I promise to push, poke, and do whatever I can to get those Program Guides, Signs, Flyers, etc. out on time.
  • I promise to CATCH and STEAL every bullet that Marie shoots at me so that she can run around con with a Nerf gun without ammo. :D
Hey man, you might be one of the lucky people to stay up with me the night before to write ALL the blurbs that will go in the program guide.

And bring it on! I'll buy bags and bags of my bullets just for you!

Quote from: "MPLe"
  • I promise NOT to tease the Old Fogey in a Cart. :P

LOL! You're gonna die for that comment!
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

otakuya

I promise to
-get better tape for my Gendo: Pimp cosplay beard (it kept falling off)
-wear the right color pants for said cosplay (dark blue instead of black)
-keep the hotel room clean and organized
-wear better shoes for walking
-not play DDR on Thursday night and get worn out even before FC officially started
-sit down and rest from time to time instead of walking around aimlessly
-record the Indy 500 at home so I don't have to watch it in the hotel room during Fanime
-not bring a video camera backstage during DerCosplay so I don't have to worry about it
-go to the AMV contest
-eat
-go outside the confines of the convention center/auditorium area at least once

Nina Star 9

o promise to get into the kareoke contest finals. ^^;

asianfilm

I promise to work even harder on scheduling for the Asian Film Room.
I promise to stick to my word and not bring Battle Royale 1 or 2 back to Fanime.
I promise to make the Asian Drama room a bigger part of the Asian programming lineup.
Brandon Tomyoy
Manager, Fanime Asian Film
Stage Zero Personality

Sunara Ishi

As I also tend to just live in the moment, I will try to only make promises that I know I'll keep.

I promise to try to cosplay
I promise to hang out with friends.
I promise to try to stay in a hotel room
I promise to try to go to famine gatherings
I promise to try to bring snackies for camping.
I promise to buy more stuff than last fanime if I have more money.
I promise to try to get at least one plushie.
I promise to try to play more games.
I promise to try to participate in tournaments.
I promise to try to manipulate the cosmos and thus, my luck. So bad things don't happen and my fanime would be all good. ^.^
I promise to try to steal energy from others so I can run around as long as I can before I get tired and need sleep.
I promise to try to stay hydrated.
I promise to be insane and crazy as I normally am.
I promise that there's no guarantee that I'll keep these promises.
I promise to try to extend the boundaries of being human so I need to eat and sleep as little as possible. ^.^
I promise to live in the moment. ^.^
I promise to try to be nice and helpful.
I promise to try to talk to and make friends with new peoples.
Otherwords, I promise to not get into one of my anti-social moods while at fanime. >.>

I promise to try to not get angry and snap at people when I'm extremely tired.
I promise to try to not get depressed.
I promise to try to not fall down the stairs again. Thus, I also promise to try to not make falling down the stairs a yearly habit.

o.O I think I went overboard.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Chibblz

I promise to spend more time on my cosplay.
I promise to make more than one cosplay.
I promise to make my friends cosplay with me. (Bwahaha!)
I promise to save up more money for the dealer's room.
I promise to take more pictures.
I promise to talk to more people.
I promise to bring a crap-load of pocky.
I promise to share my pocky to whoever that asks.
I promise to stalk people from the fanime chats.
I promise to karaoke.
I promise to not go around singing Butterfly.
I promise to glomp people before I take their picture? (Is that safe? XD)
I promise to get in lines earlier.
I promise to attempt a der cosplay skit. (I don't know if anyone wants to help yet. It'll be about the 'dangers' of messageboard RPGs and how chaotic it can be with all the characters from all these different anime come together. Bwahaha!)
I promise to wander around singing songs even if it isn't time for karaoke.
I promise to wear comfortable shoes.
I promise to keep these promises even if I end up pulling out all my hair the day before Fanime.