Ani-Jam 2005

Started by Haruka, June 17, 2005, 10:17:30 PM

Haruka

Those of you who have been on the boards for a while have heard me talk about Ani-Jam before.  In 2003,  it was a 6hour mini-Con held in Fresno, California.  The organizers were only expecting about 200 people to show up.  Attendence for the evening topped 500!, including several members of our messageboard family.  So, back by popular demand is Ani-Jam.  There are no dates yet for the 2005 Con, but anyone who may be interested in attending, the website is:
                  www.ani-jam.com
Please try to make it, if you can.  The more support given at this crucial early stage, the larger this Con can become.  Then, our NorCal Otaku will have another Convention option in California, other than A/X.
Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21

Ayapon

This thread moved as it does not pertain to FanimeCon general convention business.
Aya Chow
Totally Relaxed Now (2006)
Fanime Director of Guest Relations (1999-2005)

"Kakashi" icon by krispy_kira @ LJ.com

DayDreamerNessa

i might be interested but i'd much prefer something longer than 6 hours! i would love our area to have a weekend-ish con, theres way tooo many one day events =/

if this is a one day i might attend, but it depends on if i can even get there is it accessible? i would say hold the on in 2006 but if it's a one day event i guess they could do it in 2005. sounds interesting
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Declinsion

Sure, it's a little short. But at least it's in the town in which i live. Yay!

Haruka

Declinsion-Do you attend the anime club meetings at the Fresno Art Museum on First and Clinton streets?  The next meeting is in July.  If you're interested, I would love to meet you, there.  I don't know enough people here.

Declinsion

I've been meaning to go, but I haven't had a chance yet. It'd be fun to met there. I think there's also a showing at the Figarden Library next monday. If you want to im me or something as it gets closer, or just to talk junk about good ol' Fresburg, my aim s/n is Declinsion. Msn/yahoo= [email protected]

Vanessa

Panels? Any panels?

I'm interested but the site doesn't have much info at the moment.

Declinsion

From what I read on the yahoo group, Ani-Jam is looking to be in October near Halloween. It seems like if this does happen, a lot of it is going to be last minute. All I can say is, keep checking in and keep your fingers crossed.

Haruka

Last year seemed kind of spur of the moment as well and the venue was so small...but then again, no one expected 500 people.  Even though it was a mini-Con they still had decent dealers, AMVs and a cosplay costume contest.  It was a lot of fun.
 Stay tuned for further details and check the website often for updates.  Hope to see as many of you as possible at Ani-Jam.