FanimeCon: Participate, Join, Create > Ideas and Suggestions

Maul Starbucks.. er..

<< < (2/10) > >>

Tuplica:

--- Quote from: "Mach5Motorsport" ---Kinda interesting....starbucks gets all the negative crap for being, well Starbucks...cause they're the Coffee Empire equivalent of Wall Mart. and how no one likes to go there....and now people are upset that the SJCC Starbucks Kiosk kept banker's hours over the weekend. :?
--- End quote ---

I can't speak for the rest of us of the legion of caffeine-dependency, but IMHO, coffee is coffee is coffee is coffee.  If it tastes good and gives you a buzz, GIMME GIMME GIMME.  *cough*  Now, if I heard something about slave labor and the like with Starbucks, I might feel otherwise, but I haven't.  And besides- if people don't want to go there because of the CE equivalent of Walmart, so be it.  Smaller lines.  Workers get great pay and great benefits, and possibly due to such, they don't try to devour my brain the second I show up to buy something.  I dig it.  

In other response- I didn't know about the Peet's either.  Now I must check it out... I don't think I've ever even been in the Marriott lobby.  :shock:  Must... get... coffee... rrrrrr...

Also, thanks, Zain.  I had a feeling that they might just not be listening, but one can always hope.

MPLe:
IMHO, Peet's Coffee is alot better than Starbucks...

G.I.R:
I tried Peet's on Sat. of the con, and found their coffee to be quite good, but I didn't notice if they were open 24/7, or even late.  Does anyone know? :?

Mach5Motorsport:

--- Quote from: "G.I.R" ---I tried Peet's on Sat. of the con, and found their coffee to be quite good, but I didn't notice if they were open 24/7, or even late.  Does anyone know? :?
--- End quote ---

Peet's is not open 24/7.  I don't know of any coffee place that would keep such hours of operation.  I do know that there is a Starbucks just down the road a bit from the SJCC that has longer hours.  This whole coffee topic is a bit odd.  I don't recall any outrage over the lack of coffee outlets when Fanime was at the SCCC?  What gives?

Tenba:

--- Quote from: "Mach5Motorsport" ---I don't recall any outrage over the lack of coffee outlets when Fanime was at the SCCC?  What gives?
--- End quote ---
I'm not seeing outrage here.  I'm just seeing a few people nicely and politely wishing for more coffee.  It sounds like people accept that Fanime tried, but it's not Fanime's decision.  And, I agree that there might be something about walking past a closed Starbucks that reminds people that they miss their daily dose of warm caffeine.  As fans, we know that Fanime can't fix everything, but it's still somehow comforting to talk about it, and we do get useful information about potential solutions (like there's a Peet's too) if we mention our wish lists on the board.  Please don't take it as a criticism of Fanime or anything -- I'm sure it wasn't meant like that.  It looks like just wishing, not "outrage".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version