Maul Starbucks.. er..

Started by Tuplica, June 19, 2005, 05:04:18 AM

Nyxyin

Quote from: "Tuplica"printing out flyers after you get there?  Pricey and rushed.
Rushed, maybe, but the convention center is very close to some college campus.  There's got to be student-priced copy centers somewhere nearby.

Mach5Motorsport

Quote from: "Nyxyin"
Quote from: "Tuplica"printing out flyers after you get there?  Pricey and rushed.
Rushed, maybe, but the convention center is very close to some college campus.  There's got to be student-priced copy centers somewhere nearby.

yes there is a little college.  It just happens to be the oldest public univeristy west of the mississippi called Sam Jose State Univeristy aka State or CSU San Jose.  Although it would be quite a walk (five blocks) and no there isn't a student priced copy center near.  Kinko's is not student priced.

btw, you can always pick up a large industrial coffee maker from Smart & Final.
Brian Doan "Dieter"

Fanime Cosplay Host 2006
Fanime DerCosplay Coord. 2001-2005
Yaoi Con Cosplay Coord. 2002-2005
JTAF 1 & 2
2003 Anime Expo Cosplay, Art & Charity Host
2002 Project Akon Cosplay Host

G.I.R

AMKestrel

Quote from: "Leishu"The unfortunate truth is that pretty much every reputable establishment in Santa Clara County closes at about 9:30PM :p

Hydration cafe is out the front door of the convention center, and to
the right by 3 blocks; a little walk, to be sure, but they're open until
midnight, and server pearl drinks, coconut toast, coffee, and other
delectable snacks well past the 9:30pm hour.  ^_^

http://www.jatbar.com/detail.asp?num=549

Rette

I ate dinner there every day of the con last year. Their bento is reallly good.

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

zoupzuop2

And, in case there's ANY questionability about the Starbuckses in San Jose, there's THREE over here in li'l Scotts Valley. And there's MORE general cafés:

Coffee Cat
Abouché (Reccomended)
Joe To Go
Surf City

That makes SEVEN.
Any uuber-coffee freaks would do well to make a pilgrimage to Scotts Valley. ('course, the same applies to Real Estate enthusiasts too... AND cell-phreaks.)
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

mDuo13

Oh, there's definitely no need to go to Scotts Valley for your share of coffeehouse propaganda, I mean, Starbucks. There are probably two dozen of them within the city limits. Not to mention local coffeehouses (Willow Glen Coffee Roasting ain't bad), and so forth. I mean, we are the heart of Silicon Valley, home of plenty of both coffee-loving computer geeks and other trendy coffee-drinking types.

AMKestrel

Quote from: "Mach5Motorsport"
Quote from: "Nyxyin"

yes there is a little college.  It just happens to be the oldest public univeristy west of the mississippi called Sam Jose State Univeristy aka State or CSU San Jose.  Although it would be quite a walk (five blocks) and no there isn't a student priced copy center near.  Kinko's is not student priced.

And, had you tried to use Kinko's this year, you would have discovered that the copy machines were *very* busy dealing with Fanime publications already.  Fluffy, we curse thee!  ^_^;

On a different note, I have a new favorite for late, late night Fanime food; Pita Pit!  Open until 3am, and the cooks at the grill know their anime series!  Was cool watching them chat with cosplayers about their characters while grilling up the pitas.  Plus, they had $1 off coupons in the Fanime registration area, and they're only 2 blocks from the convention center, so it's an easy trip to grab food you can bring back to eat.  :)