FanimeCon Events and Discussionmentarianism > Dealers Room

J-List

(1/5) > >>

serajwl:
EIT EDIT EDIT: So I've noticed that J-List will be coming to fanime!

Congradulations Fanime team! :D

One of the main parts of an anime convention is the dealers room, as you all know.

I believe that Fanime has a great dealer's room, with all the merchendise you can imagine... except for one thing. J-list.

www.j-list.com has been refusing to come and be a dealer from what I have heard.

Now I'm wondering a) why are they refusing to be dealers and b) what can we do to get them to come to Fanime Con 2006?

maybe start out with a petition? and if it's something more, then we can work on that... but in the mean time, anybody got answers? DealerJason?

dealerJason:
You don't need a petition.  What you can do is just e-mail J-list, then get your friends to e-mail J-list and let them know they will make odles of cash at our show.

The number one reason dealers come to our show is so they can make money.  If dealers do very well, they tell other dealers, "Yeah, Fanime?  Great show!  Made lots of money!"

If dealers say, "Fanime, yeah, okay show, made some money." that really does not excite dealers to try our show.

So, if you want J-List, make sure you write to them and let them know that you and your OVER 18 YEAR OLD FRIENDS would love to buy from them and you will buy A LOT!

Sincerely,
Jason Ebner

frumpy:
Also, please understand that the core operations staff from J-list is located in Japan...I would think it's kinda difficult for them to fly over just to setup a booth for a con nonetheless. Their San Diego base is just their shipping warehouse and does not hold many staff members.

doorbell:
...I wan't J-list here. I vote for Sara.

serajwl:

--- Quote from: "frumpy" ---Also, please understand that the core operations staff from J-list is located in Japan...I would think it's kinda difficult for them to fly over just to setup a booth for a con nonetheless. Their San Diego base is just their shipping warehouse and does not hold many staff members.
--- End quote ---

umm.. there's at least 6 people that work in the San Diego base. I think that's enough to set up and manage two or three dealer tables.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version