Your ideas here

Started by otakuya, July 07, 2005, 11:58:04 PM

Ska_Kitti

How about a Fanime scavenger hunt in the con center? Last year it was around town, right?

List of things to get
-Car campers
-package of ramen
-box of pocky
-stuffed animal

You know... like, add to the list of things to get in the everyday con world.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

MeliCat

I'd be glad to help with the Safari, that's a good idea. ^_^ I really liked the Sushi stand this year, it was a little pricy, but I was thankful for some real food. I'm a big eater, so the wider range of food the better!

Sunara Ishi

Since I don't think this idea was brought over from Spiritsnare's forum...
Mass use of Walkie Talkies to communicate.... how cool would that be? for all the fanime board members to be able to communicate on walkie talkies.

I like the idea of the safari tour. XD Con centers can be confusing when you're wandering around by yourself.

Also, I would've liked for the scavenger hunt to be in the con center. (I understand why it wasn't though. They can't make it too easy when they're giving away a PSP but it was too much....)

The only problem with it requiring getting plushies, pocky, or other items is that people will rush to just get those things for the hunt and there wouldn't be the items for the people who actually want to buy it. It'd be horrible if someone buys the last plushie/model/etc. of your fave series just for a scavenger hunt....
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

DayDreamerNessa

i still like the idea of some kind of dancing event.

i agree with meli, that more food selections would be cool, or just more food vendors in general would be nice.
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

sykoeent

A singles meet and greet would be nice. A dance or Ball thing... (Never been to Fanime, 2006 will be my first year)

Hmm...
How about something like an art board for all artists to draw on? Maybe each day will be like a different subject?

Charming_Dorian

i want some kind of gothic lolita event... more thanjust a meet up, yanno?

likkyan

I'm liking the idea of a dance that's a little less... clubbish.  I'd prefer swing to ballroom, though, since it's more of a social dance than a romantic dance.  With swing, it's easier to toss around/switch partners.
"Only in Europe can you suck down a fag and be gay, but not homosexual."

Croquet

Quote from: "likkyan"I'm liking the idea of a dance that's a little less... clubbish.  I'd prefer swing to ballroom, though, since it's more of a social dance than a romantic dance.  With swing, it's easier to toss around/switch partners.

Isn't swing considered ballroom dancing? Anyway, I know eastcoast, merenge, and salsa, so anyone who wants to learn, just find me! Yeah, we don't need too much romantic dancing, do we? I guess we could throw a couple of those dances into the mix. But swing sounds great. Especially if there was a small class/panel about the basics beforehand. Maybe? Maybe not?
Let's play
some Croquet!

likkyan

Quote from: "Croquet"Isn't swing considered ballroom dancing? Anyway, I know eastcoast, merenge, and salsa, so anyone who wants to learn, just find me! Yeah, we don't need too much romantic dancing, do we? I guess we could throw a couple of those dances into the mix. But swing sounds great. Especially if there was a small class/panel about the basics beforehand. Maybe? Maybe not?
Oh... is it considered ballroom?  I didn't know that, I just assumed it was in a different category for some reason. ^^;

A basic class would be great, since it's relatively easy to make up your own moves and such once you know the basics.  I know most people probably had a little bit of swing dancing in either middle or high school, but a refresher is always nice.  :)

otakuya

More ideas:
-Wireless room and Laptop Network
A room dedicated for wireless gaming (and Pictochat stuff) for the DS, PSP (non-stop Lumines), and laptop plug-in. People bring laptops everywhere they go, even just to show off their desktops and iTunes collection. This place can also be where you can recharge said devices.

-Fanime Food Court
Have a seperate area/aisle in the dealers room solely for food dealers. (Bad idea, cuz the SJCC may lose customers...)

-RC Race Track
Make a piece of the SJCC into a large race track for RC or slot cars (a pretty good idea if you ask me). Remember that old anime store at the Great Mall? Kinda like that, but with also a free roam race track for RC hobby cars (like what I saw at the San Jose Grand Prix).

-Initial D Cosplay Drifting
For those Initial D shopping cart cosplayers, have your own track to race in, like around the fountain or something. Potentially dangerous, but seriously fun to watch.

-Pimp My Costume
Just like the show, but for cosplay.

utada1967

you should have a jpop and jrock music room.they would play music,videos and even concert from different artist

Nina Star 9

Quote from: "utada1967"you should have a jpop and jrock music room.they would play music,videos and even concert from different artist
like, a PV room along with all the video rooms? i like this idea. i have a few PVS i could donate... :P

likkyan

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"
Quote from: "utada1967"you should have a jpop and jrock music room.they would play music,videos and even concert from different artist
like, a PV room along with all the video rooms? i like this idea. i have a few PVS i could donate... :P
I'm all for this, as well.  Otakon had a super awesome PV room that played relatively late at night, and it was a very nice touch.  Great for when you're up late and need something to watch/sing between events/shows.  The main reason they had one at Otakon, though, was because there was a group who had a panel (I think it was either a music or fansub panel) at the convention, and they fansubbed PVs.  It was really neat, I think they were called 'Red Apple Productions' or something like that.  I remember they did a stretch of HIDE videos for us when the room was more or less a group of twenty or so VK fangirls.

Anyways, yes, if someone could set this up it'd be great!  I don't know what legal gunk you have to cut through to do it, but if it's possible...  :D  Hell, I could probably donate a few dozen if there's a lack (official DVDs of PVs and that sort of thing), but again, I have no idea if you have to get permmission to show those or not.

lolitadesu

Quote from: "Charming_Dorian"i want some kind of gothic lolita event... more thanjust a meet up, yanno?

yeah. im planning on dressing gothic lolita next year. maybe fashion show/catwalk? im just throwing out ideas...

lolitadesu

i second this. VK is the best.

Barnes

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I've got an idea for a panel:
Ecchis Anonymous (or something like that). You know, a panel down kinda like Alcoholics Anonymous, for otaku with a uh, fanservice problem.
"Hi I'm Bob and I have an ecchi problem"
"HI BOB!"

(Don't ask me where I came up with this)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Nina Star 9

there is a how to talk to girls panel, right? why not how to talk to guys?

Ayanami Rei First Child

I posted this elsewhere, but......Fanime needs to sell glow sticks for their rave. Last time there weren't enough to go around, and other people would hoard theirs. Not to mention they could sell other glowyness like stickers and frisbees to get people in the mood for fun. ^^;

Fain Erevast

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"there is a how to talk to girls panel, right? why not how to talk to guys?
I second this one!

Girls can have just as much trouble talking to guys, we deserve a panel of our own! :o

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: "Fain Erevast"
Quote from: "Nina Star 9"there is a how to talk to girls panel, right? why not how to talk to guys?
I second this one!

Girls can have just as much trouble talking to guys, we deserve a panel of our own! :o
Sounds like a great idea! Even though I'm a guy.....I'm really good at talking to women......but guys are just plain nuts <.<;;