Your ideas here

Started by otakuya, July 07, 2005, 11:58:04 PM

otakuya

(My) Ideas for events/panels/etc...

-Open stage
Since there are a lot of performers out there (music, cosplay, acting, and others) and Der Cosplay and MusicFest may be too big of a stage for their performance, let's make 1 or 2 small stages out in the open that's available anytime for on-stage performances. There can be signups to 'rent' the stage for a specific time and show.

-Fanime Safari
If FanimeCon is your first time at a convention, you will be overwhelmed when you enter. How about having a tour of the con? A group of around 10 would follow a 'tour guide' around the facility and teach them the ways of a con (the tour starts every hour  :lol: ). To make sure the tourists don't escape into the wild, there would be free gifts at the end of the tour.

-Fanime Public Radio
(I kinda said something about this during 2004's Nami Tamaki music loops over the PA system, but I seems like there's no need for this now. But anyways...)
If you want to request a song, give a shout out to, leave messages, announce your arrival, etc... you can have limited access to the convention center's PA system, just like a radio station. There might also be contests and prizes for those that listen. (It's also a better way to get attention if there are changes to the schedule or room assignments)

I have more, but I can't really put them into words yet.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Otakuya"
-Fanime Safari
If FanimeCon is your first time at a convention, you will be overwhelmed when you enter. How about having a tour of the con? A group of around 10 would follow a 'tour guide' around the facility and teach them the ways of a con (the tour starts every hour  :lol: ). To make sure the tourists don't escape into the wild, there would be free gifts at the end of the tour.
In the context of a safari...it'd be one helluva hilarious ride...XD

I'm all for giving people Fanime tours, though. I'll even volunteer for it.
epic progressive

vox

Nina Star 9

-ballroom dance
if you are not up to the main dance and want somethign a little more classival, refined, and romantic ^.~, this woudl be fun! come on!

i liek the safari idea and teh radio idea. but i do not know how much room there is for random stages without blocking anything. maybe int eh back on teh dealer's room or something?

AbsolutelyCursed

I think the radio idea is a very good one; especially when it comes to announcing any changes to the viewing schedule. It's better than having to go to a table to find out about any changes.

Nina Star 9

i like it to say, announce registration for the next year's con, or for announcing times that main events happen. (der cosplay, dealer's room open/close, large panels, etc.)

Tony

:x  The screens! Did no one see the screens?! Are they worth the effort?!
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Spiritsnare

Oh, I did see the screens with cosplayers and event listings. They were very nicely done. ^_^ I think she's saying ahead of time, though.
epic progressive

vox

Nina Star 9

sorry... i walk with my head down most of the time... so unless they are on the floor... ^^"

ChenCzen

I wish there was a way we could post stuff on the screens on the sides of the stage of the der cosplay. like aim via cell phone or something.

You see a dumb skit, you shoot off a message like 'theres 5 mintues of my life I'd like back' and BAM it pops up on the screen.
Except for ending communism, slavery, nazism, and fascism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING!!

serajwl

Can we have fanime balloons?...please?

and i want to have a convention campout. you know... with like... tents and stuff in the convention center. flashlights, sleeping bags, the whole nine yards! minus the bugs and fire XP

DayDreamerNessa

i agree on the ballroom dancing, or even swing dancing or anything of the like, i dont really care for the 'rave' too much as the idea of having a different dance, it'd be awesome if someone would set up a room and have this.
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Moogleborg

Quote from: "DayDreamerNessa"i agree on the ballroom dancing, or even swing dancing or anything of the like, i dont really care for the 'rave' too much as the idea of having a different dance, it'd be awesome if someone would set up a room and have this.

I'm up for it too! I'm ready to do some dancing! Didn't dance as much as I thought I would at this years Fanime, but the Moogleborg, Mooglehat and all, will be ready to dance there next year! But if theres gonna be a room for various dancing, don't forget to call me in! ^^
Running on moé, 24/7/365.