Your ideas here

Started by otakuya, July 07, 2005, 11:58:04 PM

Ayanami Rei First Child

Oh yeah I also wanted to say that we need someone GMing the latest version of BESM for tabletop gaming. What is BESM you ask? Big Eyes Small Mouth (Think something like Anime version of Dungeons And Dragons). I didn't see it on the sign up sheet last year and I think a lot of us would really enjoy it...besides it doesn't make sense NOT to since this is all about the anime!!

Ruby

^^ Aww, I like the ballroom idea. :D That would be nice. Just switch from like swing dance and slow dances and what not. :D As said before, that would be nice for couples or people you just met.  :oops: I really hope they look into this. Because...I'm not a raver. >_> I can't dance like that and swing shiney glowsticks around all cool like (as fun as it IS to watch). o.O;
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

Green_Tea

I mentioned this somewhere else but I don't even know if it got read.

What about having some english music to sing in the kareoke room? I was really excited until I found out only anime music was available.

I know that this is an anime convention, but isn't kareoke just part of japanese culture anyways? It might also draw more people to the room.
2011 Cosplay Plans: (Vocaloid) Cantarella-Kaito 0%, (Professor Layton) Luke 0%, (Ponyo) Ponyo's Dad 0%

Nina Star 9

Quote from: "Green_Tea"I mentioned this somewhere else but I don't even know if it got read.

What about having some english music to sing in the kareoke room? I was really excited until I found out only anime music was available.

I know that this is an anime convention, but isn't kareoke just part of japanese culture anyways? It might also draw more people to the room.
you can bring your own CDs. japanese music is just encouraged. i do not think they will kick out out for singing something in english you brought.

plus, they had plenty of anime and video game songs in languages other than japanese, mostly thsoe were in english, but there were other languages, too. i personally did one in swedish.

Green_Tea

Actually, we had a cd with some random English songs on it and they wouldn't let us use it because it wasn't related to anime or video games.

:?
2011 Cosplay Plans: (Vocaloid) Cantarella-Kaito 0%, (Professor Layton) Luke 0%, (Ponyo) Ponyo's Dad 0%

otakuya

Two words:

Go Karts

heh heh... :o

G.I.R

Quote from: "Otakuya"Two words:

Go Karts

I LIKE IT!   But where do we get a pile of orange cones, and where do where set up a course? (*cough* concourse *cough*).

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "G.I.R"

Go Karts

I LIKE IT!   But where do we get a pile of orange cones, and where do where set up a course? (*cough* concourse *cough*).

XDDD BEST IDEA EVER

It, unfortunately, would probably have to take place off-site, however.
epic progressive

vox

otakuya

or outside the convention center, like the big blue tent.

BunofGovt

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "G.I.R"

Go Karts

XDDD BEST IDEA EVER

It, unfortunately, would probably have to take place off-site, however.

I saw Eurobeat King in a cardboard (was it cardboard) car from Initial D at the Cherry Blossom parade this year.  Maybe you could do something like that and just race around the fountain.  Sorry bad idea.

Quote from: "Ska_Kitti"How about a Fanime scavenger hunt in the con center? Last year it was around town, right?

List of things to get
-Car campers
-package of ramen
-box of pocky
-stuffed animal

You know... like, add to the list of things to get in the everyday con world.

We were supposed to have a bishie scavenger hunt that didn't happen (logistics I think), add a photo of a bishie cosplayer  :wink:

Not just any pocky, perhaps anything BUT a particular flavor.

Or like the hunt this year where when you went from site to site, you got a  stamp.  Say make the list of specific items that are visible in the con area and you have to right down the location of the item to get credit for it.  I may not be clear on this, but I think they do this at Chinese New Year in Chinatown (SF), where a sign or something is posted at different spots, you get a map guiding you to the spot but the sign is not immediately visible.  You have to go from spot to spot, I'm not sure exactly how this works, has anyone done this?

For example, the item is a plush Luffy from One Piece.  He'd be taped to the wall in the arcade area.  Your map would show the arcade area but not the exact spot (could be behind a game on the wall or on the upper corner of a doorway - don't know if there'd be a problem getting approval for taping stuff at different areas in the convention area).

Oh gosh I'm rambling.  I'll quit now.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

sykoeent

Quote from: "Otakuya"
-RC Race Track
Make a piece of the SJCC into a large race track for RC or slot cars (a pretty good idea if you ask me). Remember that old anime store at the Great Mall? Kinda like that, but with also a free roam race track for RC hobby cars (like what I saw at the San Jose Grand Prix).

Hmm... That's a cool idea! How about getting a track for those Mini 4WD slot car things by Tamiya? That'd be sweet, and I'll enter mine!

otakuya

It's not an event for the convention, but a sponsorship opportunity. FanimeCon could sponsor the San Jose Grand Prix in some way (although I know that it not the target audience). Taylor Woodrow, the title sponsor for the 2005 race, is now the presenting sponsor. So the race next year is currently called "San Jose Grand Prix presented by Taylor Woodrow". It's just a dream I had last night (too much turkey, I think), but it may be possible for the race to be called "FanimeCon Grand Prix of San Jose".
I'm crazy, I know.

scsa20

I've started a thread titled Pictures? looking for people who are willing to help out with this if it'll be allowed.

Overview what it's about: I pretty much want to put a table together where people can upload there pictures from there digital cameras to share to everyone... added bounes to those cosplayers who wants a copy of there pictures.

But, this is just an ideal and would like to see how many people are intersted in it...
GTL Video in the makes!  Check the GTL forums.  My site well also have information on it when it's avaible!

sykoeent

Quote from: "scsa20"I've started a thread titled Pictures? looking for people who are willing to help out with this if it'll be allowed.

Overview what it's about: I pretty much want to put a table together where people can upload there pictures from there digital cameras to share to everyone... added bounes to those cosplayers who wants a copy of there pictures.

But, this is just an ideal and would like to see how many people are intersted in it...

THAT IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA!!!!!! That way you can have TONS of pics!!! You should also have a burning station where you can bring in a blank cd and have it burned of the pics from the day before.

scsa20

Quote from: "sykoeent"You should also have a burning station where you can bring in a blank cd and have it burned of the pics from the day before.

I, myself, don't have a external CD/DVD Burner, nor I have one on my laptop (didn't had the money at the time, nor did I need it, I have my external hard drive and my multi-card reader).  I do have a multi-card reader where you could use your CF 1 & 2, SD, MMC, RS-MMC, SM, MS, Pro, Duo, or PRO Duo card... if you wanna help, you could bring an external burning drive if you want...  like I said, if we have enough people intersted enough to make this happen, lets make it happen :)
GTL Video in the makes!  Check the GTL forums.  My site well also have information on it when it's avaible!

G.I.R

The picture sharing idea is great!  Share your photo memories with everyone.
As far as CD/DVD burners, I have an internal CD/DVD burner in my Powerbook, and I'm sure other people have burners in their laptops too.  This might help with making copies (I've got an external Super-drive too, that I'll bring if this event does happen).  
USB jump-drives are real handy as well, and are becoming quite cheap (got a 256 MB one at Fry's yesterday for $9.00).

scsa20

Yep, so far the following ways of getting and giving is throw the follow (differ per person):

CD Burning (maybe a charge per CD? unless it's a CD they bring?)
Memory card (like I said, I have a 12 in 1 memory card holder)
Jump-drives
any external drive also
network (I have a cross over adapter that I could use with my stright through cables (that's the only cables I have) unless someone has a cross over cable or well bring in a router).

there could be more *shrugs* plus, doing this, we could also take pictures on the spot and such (with my camera, when I have it plug into my computer, I could take pictures and it'll automacty goes onto my computer, bypassing the memory card; I'm sure other digital cameras are like that also).

so, who's with me!?

oh.... maybe I should get a portable backdrop also to set it up for us picture phops?  along with a lighting set?

vampireanneke

I would like to see a poster board somewhere that people can just write down the times and locations for various Cosplay Gatherings.

Maybe down in registration, so that when people arrive, they can see when various groups are meeting and reschedule/plan their cosplay costume wearing schedule accordingly.

-Anneke

Eri

Quote from: "Otakuya"It's not an event for the convention, but a sponsorship opportunity. FanimeCon could sponsor the San Jose Grand Prix in some way (although I know that it not the target audience). Taylor Woodrow, the title sponsor for the 2005 race, is now the presenting sponsor. So the race next year is currently called "San Jose Grand Prix presented by Taylor Woodrow". It's just a dream I had last night (too much turkey, I think), but it may be possible for the race to be called "FanimeCon Grand Prix of San Jose".
I'm crazy, I know.

Ha, somebody who is thinking like us (the marketing dept)... Kowaii! Just kidding.

I'd like to see Fanime become more involved with the community in events that are not necessarily anime related because I think it is important to give back to the community who hosts our crazy con. For example, Fanime was one of the sponsors for a Hurricane Katrina Relief Concert in San Jose at the end of October. So far, the events I've done personally are small (or not so small) anime events in and around the bay area. However, I'm looking for events, not necessarily related to anime, where if Fanime made a contribution in some way then it would make a difference.

So, the point of this post is: Let us know about events like the Grand Prix. There are tons of ways of letting us know like posting in the forums (I read quite a bit of them), emailing us at [email protected], coming to the meetings to let us know in person, or if you should recognize one of us on the street...  :shock:

That post about the scavenger hunt, I'll forward it off to Stamp Rally. It would up their alley, as they're already trying to get you guys to go find stamps for prizes in and outside the con.
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

Blues

I love coming into threads so late like this.

the radio station thing is such an awesome idea, and I think the DJ booth should be set up inside one of the panel rooms so that people can come talk with the DJ and such; mini interviews and whatnot.

As far as staffing it, I'd be more than happy to play the role of DJ GTL.

Shazzam.

"Do a flip!"