Who's Going to SDCC?

Started by G.I.R, July 13, 2005, 09:54:36 AM

mDuo13

So my friend Rylee who goes to college in San Diego is going, and depending on whether I have money by then (it's possible!) I might find myself going.

BP!

Alright, I'm not going, but who is going that actually goes to the gatherings?

If anyone is, I have a big favor to ask.

I STILL play the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG: Duel Monsters, and the US Premium Packs are being sold at Comic-Con before they're being sold in retail. I was wondering if someone could buy 5 of them for me. I would pay you either at the next gathering I go to before Comic-Con or after Comic-Con.

They go on sale normally in SEPTEMBER, and there's actually good cards in it. (Marshmallon, Gemini Imps, Shield Crush) If I could get my hands on those cards before September, I'd be happy.
Cooking is a gift from the gods, spices are a gift from the devil...looks like it was a little too spicy for you. -Sanji

Sidekick

I'm going to SDCC I think. :D

G.I.R

Twenty-nine hours, and  thirty-eight minutes til preview night!  :P

mDuo13

Guess I'm not going to this. My friend is only making one day and then he has other stuff to do so it wasn't worth it for me to visit him for that.

Sidekick

Yar!! I'm flying down tonight. So excited. xD

G.I.R

Photos from Comic Con 2007:

New for the Wii:

Think Robotron 2084 meets Tempest  (but a lot cooler than it sounds!).

... and for only $2.75 a pop...

More to come.  I havn't gone thru all my pictures yet.

Barnes

Did you see anything from EVO West in the Omni hotel?
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

G.I.R

Quote from: "Barnes"Did you see anything from EVO West in the Omni hotel?
Sorry.  I was only at the con for preview night, part of Friday, and Saturday, so the only hotel I set foot in was the Motel 6 I stayed at.

Oh, yeah BTW, Maddox was there again.  :D

G.I.R

Time to whip out the DS.

Yes the acctual Batmobile from the T.V. series.

New stuff coming from Capcom.

Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law for the PS-2.

Haruri and freinds.

Barnes

Did you see anything from Blade Runner? Heres an example I found:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/Sig552AE/sdcc2007Day2/100_0548.jpg

Should I try to go next year?
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

G.I.R

Quote from: "Barnes"Did you see anything from Blade Runner? Heres an example I found:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/Sig552AE/sdcc2007Day2/100_0548.jpg
Sorry, no.  I missed-out on a lot of stuff unfortunately this year due to some problems. :(

QuoteShould I try to go next year?
Oh defiantly!  But if you do plan to go  get your passes early to save money, and try to reserve a room at a hotel early, and NOT, repeat NOT relay on getting a room thru the convention! (Travel Planners=Futzkups).  Travel Planners usually screws up your reservation, and even on the first day of availability, YOU MAY NOT GET A ROOM!!! (happened to me and a freind this year).  

For next year, I plan to reserve a room with a hotel in San Diego well before reservations start.  I lucked out this year and got a room at a Motel 6 this year that was near the airport, and walking distance from the trolleys, and two hotels with convention shuttle busses.  Afterwards, I'll try to get a room at a Con hotel if I can.
 Oh yeah, and be prepaired for sensory overload. :shock:

Kouri Neko

I got lucky with this year's hotel registration.  My dad let me borrow his time share.  Next year I doubt I'll be as lucky.  I doubt my dad will be willing to help me next year.  The friends who were suppose to stay with me flaked, which created problems.  So I'm on my own next year.  

Comic-con was fun.  Can't wait for next year!  XD!
I'm not a Mecha Anime fan..

G.I.R

*bump*

Okay, so the San Diego Comic Con 2008 is coming up in about two months.

Since I haven't had a real vacation in about two years, and I have to miss out on Fanime this year, I'm making a real push to go this year for all four days (and preview night).  So is anyone else going?

Kandybar

I might be - I have a place to stay and everything, just need to get my finances together and decide if I can afford it.

G.I.R

Oh yeah, forgot to mention.

If anyone is thinking of going:

1.  You can only buy passes online this year.
2.  Supposedly, there is a cap on how many people being admitted this year (I've heard 125,000)

Mizuki

Maybe. I just want to play Street Fighter 4.

G.I.R

Quote from: Mizuki on May 19, 2008, 11:30:27 AM
Maybe. I just want to play Street Fighter 4.

Well, Capcom has had a booth there the last few years (along with other game manufacturers).

G.I.R

Well, less than a month to go so I'm bumping the thread.  Anyone else going?

lyricaldanichan

Damn I really want to go, but it will be impossible to find any cheap motels and having to fly out and all. Jesus I haven't gone in 10 years and it was so awesome when I went. I am going to
hope for next year, hopefully things with the world will calm down and affordable.