Fanime Wishlist 3.0: What will you buy in 06?

Started by Jyunishinsho, July 18, 2005, 11:27:28 PM

Long

Quote from: "Random"MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF HENTAI
because, due to online gaming, I havn't seen a real girl in months.
=o Not even your mother?

Stale joke. Actually worse than that, not even stale, decomposing rather...

Wait? So you haven't seen a real girl in months, so you desire to go to a Con to buy merchandise featuring non-existant girls? :roll:

Long

As for my wishlist: As I said earlier, The Kino No Tabi Novels, and perhaps some manga. I'm not into that whole action-figure/wall-scroll thing. Nor do I watch much anime nor like it much. I merely enjoy burying my nose in a good series of readables. In previous years, I would have purchased some wooden arms such as a bokken, jo, bo, or shinai, but seeing as I have a bokken and a Shinai (the latter of which I purchased at my first Fanime Con) and I rarely ever use them, I would say it's overrated to purchase them. At least in my case.

I rarely buy things unless they're useful, which explains the non-collectible attitude I have about my purchases. Perhaps the most money I'll spend peripherally to the books would be food. All kinds of Yan-Yan's, Pocky, Ramune, any other non-nutritious, overly happily packaged, asian sugar-packed sweets.

Jyunishinsho

Quote from: "Long"
Quote from: "Random"MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF HENTAI
because, due to online gaming, I havn't seen a real girl in months.
=o Not even your mother?

Stale joke. Actually worse than that, not even stale, decomposing rather...

Wait? So you haven't seen a real girl in months, so you desire to go to a Con to buy merchandise featuring non-existant girls? :roll:

Uh, aren't con's filled with SO MANY GIRLS? Hey, if you'd get lucky, you might find some fangirls for yourself.

-is it true that an anime convention's population has more girls than boys?

qazplm872

ummm....well for fanime it seems about even to me. coarse if you go to like a inyu viewing room, your bound to find a bunch of girl  :?  but for my wish list!!!......well i will be 18 so.....yes hentai  :oops:  lol, gotta get like a manga or a vid to celabrate, right? but besides perverted stuff, i would say something kinda rare if i could. o! doujin!!!! i love looking for artist with goods. and i want to find....a PEN-PEN! just a big stuffed pen-pen. that would be good.
gwenny

RPG_dude

I want to buy a bunch of final fantasy swag, like music and figures. The only problem is they are so dang expensive! I also want to look for Naruto stuff, but not the forehead protectors, they make you look gay if your not in costume.  :lol:
The Toonami version of Naruto SUCKS!

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Long"As for my wishlist: As I said earlier, The Kino No Tabi Novels, and perhaps some manga.
I've been seeing the Kino no Tabi novels at the San Jose Kinokuniya for a while.  I don't know where you're from, but if you can make it out to any Kinokuniya, you can probably pick up a few.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Long

Quote from: "Tsubasa"
Quote from: "Long"As for my wishlist: As I said earlier, The Kino No Tabi Novels, and perhaps some manga.
I've been seeing the Kino no Tabi novels at the San Jose Kinokuniya for a while.  I don't know where you're from, but if you can make it out to any Kinokuniya, you can probably pick up a few.
I live in Sacramento, so I don't know many of the stores from San Jose. But thanks for the tip! Next time I stop by (if I have money) I'll pick them ALL up! ^_^

Tsukai Mori

I'd like to buy an anti glomp weapon, but since no one carries that in stock (or at least one to suit my taste's) I'll just have to bare with these:

1) Kosmos doll.
2) Sickly beautiful necklace.
3) A very nice Fanime 06 T-shirt.
4) Doujin games (namely melty blood).
5) Aoi Nanase manga (highly unlikely?).
6) Aoi Nanase herself >.> (Hey I've seen it done. Look on Ebay).
7) Some really discounted Wallscroll art (absolutely breathtaking and no less!)

MeliCat

I'll be buying everything that's not nailed down.

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Long"I live in Sacramento, so I don't know many of the stores from San Jose. But thanks for the tip! Next time I stop by (if I have money) I'll pick them ALL up! ^_^
San Francisco's Japan Town also has a Kinokuniya.  In fact, it's better stocked than my local one.  There's another location for you to take a look at there.

Quote from: "Tsukai Mori"5) Aoi Nanase manga (highly unlikely?).
Kinda a toss-up on that one.  Angel/Dust, Angel/Dust Neo, and Petite Monster aren't popular, but they're still possible finds.  More likely than those, you'd be able to find her artbook: Angel Flavor.  Good luck finding any of her doujin works.  They should be very spotty.

Way back at '99 or so I was able to find one of those professionally published doujin collections of her Samurai Spirits works in the dealers room.  It's something of a treasure of mine.

If you want any of her professionally published stuff or her artbook, I suggest hitting up Kinokuniya and making a special order.

----------

And thus in summation: Kinokuniya is your friend.
-Tsubasa

Tsukai Mori

Tsubasa the amazingly cool wrote:
QuoteKinda a toss-up on that one. Angel/Dust, Angel/Dust Neo, and Petite Monster aren't popular, but they're still possible finds. More likely than those, you'd be able to find her artbook: Angel Flavor. Good luck finding any of her doujin works. They should be very spotty.

Way back at '99 or so I was able to find one of those professionally published doujin collections of her Samurai Spirits works in the dealers room. It's something of a treasure of mine.

If you want any of her professionally published stuff or her artbook, I suggest hitting up Kinokuniya and making a special order.

OMG! TSUBASA! You're like the anime info god! If I find you in the dealer's room, I'll be sure to say hello! I get so lost in there I often find myself walking in circle for hours (I remember the first time I went to the con 2003 I had to ask for a map and a tour guide). We should shop together as friends, not rivals!

Jyunishinsho

Haha, Tsubasa's pretty cool huh?
Apparently; if you need anything, just ask Tsubasa. ^^

Tsukai Mori

Jyunishinsho, the modest, too modest wrote:
QuoteHaha, Tsubasa's pretty cool huh?

Well I agree, Tsubasa is cool! I haven't met such a well informed anime fan in such a long time. But, you've got something going too Jyunishinsho! Though I am new here, I can already see that you bring up some really interesting topics. Keep up the good work and I hope we can beome friends (same goes to Tsubasa, I need someone on the inside /gg).

P.S.
/gg = evil face emoticon
From Raganarok Online

dealerJason

If you guys want to know what will be available at con for 2006, keep track of Diamond Distribution's catalog.  Diamond sends out its catalog every month and is usually available at your local Comic Book shop.  While Diamond's Preview catalog does not have all the items you will want, it will definately give you a heads up on some of the cooler items available for the 2005-2006 con season.

Enjoy,

Sincerely,
Jason Ebner
Jason Ebner
Fanime Staffer *retired*
I was blamed for EVERYTHING! :-)
www.asahicon.org
www.blameebner.com

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Tsukai Mori"Jyunishinsho, the modest, too modest wrote:

Well I agree, Tsubasa is cool! I haven't met such a well informed anime fan in such a long time. But, you've got something going too Jyunishinsho! Though I am new here, I can already see that you bring up some really interesting topics. Keep up the good work and I hope we can beome friends (same goes to Tsubasa, I need someone on the inside /gg).

P.S.
/gg = evil face emoticon
From Raganarok Online
It's nothing all that special and definately nothing worth such praise.  I am a self-professed fan of spending money, so I just like to find out where to spend it to get the stuff I want.  I can hardly claim to know everything.  I just jump in whenever I feel like someone else will benefit from what I've learned or seen.  Call it being "on the inside" if you will. ^^;

/gawi
-Tsubasa

Jyunishinsho

Quote from: "Tsubasa"
Quote from: "Tsukai Mori"Jyunishinsho, the modest, too modest wrote:

P.S.
/gg = evil face emoticon
From Raganarok Online
It's nothing all that special and definately nothing worth such praise.  I am a self-professed fan of spending money, so I just like to find out where to spend it to get the stuff I want.  I can hardly claim to know everything.  I just jump in whenever I feel like someone else will benefit from what I've learned or seen.  Call it being "on the inside" if you will. ^^;

/gawi

Haha, we're similar, except for the money part.

Tsukai Mori

The clouds part as Tsubasa speaks:
QuoteIt's nothing all that special and definately nothing worth such praise. I am a self-professed fan of spending money, so I just like to find out where to spend it to get the stuff I want. I can hardly claim to know everything. I just jump in whenever I feel like someone else will benefit from what I've learned or seen. Call it being "on the inside" if you will. ^^;

/gawi

Still, I find this very commendable! If I ever have a question on where to find something I'll ask you first! Thats okay with you, right? Plus side you seem very cool so I'm sure with you being self-professed Inside fan and me being the distracted consumer extraordinaire, we can become the best of friends!... Potato...where are you Potato? Kosmos?
Kosmos: "Locked on unknown moving object."
Potato:... Pota--
Kosmos: "Commencing attack."
Potato: --To.
Fans: NOOOOO!!!!!

And there was light said Jyunishinsho:

QuoteHaha, we're similar, except for the money part.

I'll have to agree....

lolitadesu

my wishlist:

anything visual kei:
-CD's
-merchandise
-clothes

anything gothic lolita:
-certain accessories (hair things, garters, jewelry, bags)
-possibly a dress...(unlikely at the con, they sell them but i am uncertain about the authenticity and brands)
-gothic lolita bibles

anything cute:
-loose socks (i wanted to get them in 2005 but i didnt have enough left T_T)
-any cute plushies
-cute cell phone accessories
-cute shirts with cute things on them

oh yeah and this one hot dealer i remember seeing. yeah he's on my wishlist too. ^____^

Nina Star 9

how about other japanese magazines?

i doubt there will be a huge market for thinks like egg and ego system, but what about FRUiTs? kera? gosurori (the ones with the patterns)? and really anything else. all i coudl find last year was a g+l bible. ~.~

also, i really liked the booth selling loli stuff, but how about some other brands, not just bodyline? and what about other japanese clothing?

i still want "V" and other amano tsukiko things.

and i really want just cutesy japanese products. like, clear file folders and the like. just things that are cute everyday products.

lolitadesu

im wondering if there will be any chance of japanese fashion dealers...

selling brands like h.NAOTO, sex pot revenge, h.ANARCHY and such...and i mean authentic stuff, not like bootlegs or cheap knockoffs.