Dollfie Panel for 2008

Started by Touya no Miko, July 21, 2005, 10:41:02 PM

Touya no Miko

So, how about another dollfie panel this year for 2008? This year I will finally have my girl ready for the convention. We need someone to help run this panel, since I'm still not an expert. I could, however, show everyone a live special effect makeup for dollfies. Like on how to make a scar.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

dealerJason

That would be great, but I need someone who can lead the panel and a few people who know how to do it.

dealerjason
[email protected]
Jason Ebner
Fanime Staffer *retired*
I was blamed for EVERYTHING! :-)
www.asahicon.org
www.blameebner.com

Touya no Miko

There is a person named aimee who knows all about it. You can find her at this site www.denofangels.com.

She came to fanime this year and was in der cosplay.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Croquet

hey, a dollfie panel isn't a bad idea. Those things kinda scare me....but at the same time are quite intriguing.
Let's play
some Croquet!

KimaLucifer

Man I totally wish I had a dollfie. *Is waiting to pass exams before buying one*

Too bad I have to end up making a doll with my BARE HANDS. *watches as her fingers bleed from exacto knife wounds*
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

MeliCat

OH! I'd LOVE that! I just hope I have my Dollfie by then, lol...

hakudoushi

Quote from: "Touya no Miko"There is a person named aimee who knows all about it. You can find her at this site www.denofangels.com.

She came to fanime this year and was in der cosplay.
*gasp*

her website is amazing.

*demands a panel*
no really, i have a pet ninja.

Kazuko

Oooh a dollfie pannel would be awesome :D i have an EB beauty dollfie (she has huge knockers >_o) I probally need some lessons on to maintain the beauty of my dear sweet momo but i might need to get her eyes, head and hair intime ;-;

Fain Erevast

That would be great! :D
I ought to have bought my doll by then and I'd love to get tips on how to care for him properly! ^_^

Edit: Aparently I'll be getting him well after the con, but I'd still love to go to a panel so I can learn some stuff in advance.

Fain Erevast

If there was a workshop, do you think it would explain how to paint the doll's faces and what materials are used?

KimaLucifer

Quote from: "Fain Erevast"If there was a workshop, do you think it would explain how to paint the doll's faces and what materials are used?

There could be. It`s actually really simple to do that (especially when you have yourself an airbrush)
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Kazuko

x3 i wish cause I use just people makeup when I practice on my doll

Fain Erevast

I don't have an airbrush set up, so I just use the powder from colored chalk and paste paint. -_-;
Are the airbrushes really easier?

KimaLucifer

Quote from: "Fain Erevast"I don't have an airbrush set up, so I just use the powder from colored chalk and paste paint. -_-;
Are the airbrushes really easier?

Airbrushes make Blushing a very easy task. I don`t exactly own one but I did borrow one once from my friend and I find it useful.

If you don`t use an airbrush, the problem is that colors easily come off. As long as you have some kinda top coat, I don`t think chalk is much trouble. I would suggest using Pastels more than Chalk though.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Fain Erevast

Pastels, eh?
I might have a few of those laying around..

fullmetalneko

Actually Aimee is going to do one for us this year.  So far there will be a posibility of two.  

So please come to her panel and support her.  =}   Hopefully I can make it too, what she has planned sounds really interesting.  (If I don't have to be dragged to something else lol.)
FanimeCon 2006 - Panels Head
Now Rena's Panel's Slave

MeliCat

I'm so glad she can make it! I'll be attending for sure! : D

fullmetalneko

Cool =}  Hopefully I can get it highlighted on the site.  This is something that most of my friends are really into and the scene has really exploded as of late.  

Aimee was also gracious enough that shes hosting a panel on designing clothing for the various types of dolls as well.  

Though its not my thing Im pretty stoked to see that one.  Making those tiny clothes always facinate me. @-@
FanimeCon 2006 - Panels Head
Now Rena's Panel's Slave

Charming_Dorian

I want to go... although I don't have a dollfie and generally prefer pullips.
Can always use the help on Face-ups and customizing though :3

Kouri Neko

I just got my first dollfie and would like to go to the panel.  However, there is no guarentee.  I'm staffing, so we'll see if I can make it or not.
I'm not a Mecha Anime fan..