Naruto on Cartoon Network

Started by serajwl, September 10, 2005, 11:58:45 PM

serajwl

yes yes yes, we are all aware of the blasphemy that is at hand with Naruto and Toonami.

So now that the dreadful day has come and gone, who watched it?

what did you think of it?

I actually thought it wasn't that bad. They could have slaughtered it alot more than they did. Yes, some of the voices were bad, yes they didnt make the noses bleed to sexy no jutsu, but overall, it wasn't all too bad.

so what did you guys think?

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "serajwl"yes yes yes, we are all aware of the blasphemy that is at hand with Naruto and Toonami.

So now that the dreadful day has come and gone, who watched it?

what did you think of it?

I actually thought it wasn't that bad. They could have slaughtered it alot more than they did. Yes, some of the voices were bad, yes they didnt make the noses bleed to sexy no jutsu, but overall, it wasn't all too bad.

so what did you guys think?

I will watch it later on today
MST3K it
and have fun!  :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Sunara Ishi

ehehehe. I missed it..... ~shrug~ Did they butcher the names already? I'm afraid to look next week to see what they did to it....
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

RyuHayabusa

I watched it

and

it

was

hilariously BAD.

LOL INTERNET
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

GokuMew2

First off, note that I will be biased one way or another because I am a BIG seiyuu fan.

Voices = crap. I didn't think they fit at all, except maaaaaaaaybe Konohamaru and Ebisu. Pronunciation = HORRIBLE. And OMG, even CN's Tom pronounces it "nuh-ROO-toe." *dies* mee-ZOO-kee, ee-ROO-kuh, etc, etc. Come on! It ain't that hard to pronounce them correctly.... .-_- I absolutely hate it when they emphasize the second syllable.

Other than the voicing (bring back the original seiyuu!), it wasn't too bad. The translation was left relatively intact and censoring was kept down to a minimal, though Sexy no Jutsu just doesn't have the same effect without those long trails of blood. =.\

Now watch America's youth population yell out, "Hey! It's my turn to be nuh-ROO-toe!! I am a ninja!" .~_~
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

YoureMyHiro

I thought the voices were utterly horrible. I am still in shock.

DayDreamerNessa

the dub is ok to me i enjoyed wtaching it, but like if you dont like it dont watch it ya know? then again i never really cared about anime if it was a sub or a dub.

i read quite a bit of the manga and liked that, but it's nice to see it animated even if it does have icky voice actors.
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

AbsolutelyCursed

I thought the dub was ok. Didn't make me change the channel. Could it be better? Of course,  but I've seen or heard worse dubs.

Misao

I didn't like it.  :? They change the original songs into their own 'guiltar' song.  I thought the dub sound weird like Naruto sounds like a witch when he laughs.. all raspy.. x__x

Ryuji

intro and ending songs sucked, too many spoilers in them too.  Voice were okay, just sounded weird since i'm not used to it.  No nose bleeds was weird especial when the come back with toilet paper up their nose for no reason.  Some names were said weird.  Some of the dialog was awkward.  I hated the trailers!  "Who will rule the school!"
Video Games: Not an Addiction, but a Lifestyle!!!
"Ex-Rover from Con"

Shinsengumi

I saw it the dubbing sucks and the Intro and the ending sucks so bad lol, and I refuse to watch it now.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Chun

Quote from: "Shinsengumi"I saw it the dubbing sucks and the Intro and the ending sucks so bad lol, and I refuse to watch it now.

Now remember US main channel liscencers, whenever you get a new series, JAPANESE IS TEH SATAN. Rap and Hop are cool, so pull some random action scenes and play that fo shieezy tune.

Naruto is a best fighter@!

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Emerge

i personally dont care for naruto, but my friend does. she said that *big surprise* CN butchered it. meh...just another reason to NOT get involved in it

MeliCat

I've only seen an episode or three of a later season of Naruto and didn't see what all the fuss was about, frankly. But after watching the heavily slaughtered CN version, I want to see the first season of Naruto! ^_^ The CN version was mildly entertaining, so the original must be great! ^.~ Perhaps I'll become a Narutard after all?

xMkLx

the dubbing was amusing. cant wait for this saturdays episode. Guess what technique they will show. Ill give you a hint
"Leaf Village Secret Finger Jutsu"
ayaaaa the translations...
Rawr

CC

I've been watching it, but I'm two weeks behind right now. It's not as good as the original, but it's one of the better dubs I've seen. I'm a sub person, myself, so me saying this with a series I like so much is... well, it's big. Of the voices I've heard so far, Chouji's is the hands-down WORST. The others, it's just little things. The pronounciation isn't so bad, but that's probably becuase I was expecting it to be like that. The Oiroke was messed up because of the lack of blood, and I was pretty annoyed about the intro/outro thing, and they cut a scene somewhere--I don't remamber where, anymore--but it wasn't as bad as I expected.

Then again, since 4Kids and One Piece, EVERYTHING is going to be better than I expected...
Cosplay Ideas:

Too many to name!!!!!

lying is an art form

They...killed...Wind...  :(
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

Mugen

at first it really sucked but its actualy getting better :-({|=
<Li> My top result for the SelectSmart.com selector, <a href="http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php?client=anmcharsel"><B>Which Anime Character Am I?</A></B>, is  Kenshin Himura </I><P>

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Itachi no Jutsu"They...killed...Wind...  :(

What is this Wind you talk about? :o

How can you kill something that isn't even there? :(
epic progressive

vox

lyricaldanichan

The dub is OK but at least it isn't as shitty as the One Piece dub :(. I was very disapointed that they didn't use the OP/ED animation since the music is awesome.