Cosplay Weapons Question! Please Help!

Started by Hitokiri_Cerbure, September 18, 2005, 04:33:09 PM

Ruby

Quote from: "drkshdow292"I really hope you can use some kinda gun or weapon cuz im gonna be leon scott kennedy from Resident Evil 4/ bow chicka bow wow

;P Just no Airsoft guns or real ones of course~
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

Hired_Blade_Kage

Damn I guess that means those Katars I bought won't pass inspection.

They're solid Carbon Steel but no sharp edges, I planned on leaving them un-sharpened until after Fanime XD. Wanted to do a Hired Blade Outfit.... (a kinda mock up I had of a RO assassin before the game came out XD.. looks damn close too XD)
Is there a reason why you're staring at me as if you want to speak to me?

di3m05

I was thinking of cosplaying Haku from Naruto and using double-pointed knitting needles as props...they're relatively blunt and I wouldn't be able to do much damage unless I really tried to stab them into someone...would those be okay?

Hired_Blade_Kage

Quote from: "di3m05"I was thinking of cosplaying Haku from Naruto and using double-pointed knitting needles as props...they're relatively blunt and I wouldn't be able to do much damage unless I really tried to stab them into someone...would those be okay?

T.T see? This is teh problem with people like us! we have so much weapons and such that we can;t bring ourselves to buy cardboard XD

Just joking somewhat XD...

But seriously O.o Anyone have any info if we could by some sort of loophole or mercy of teh Staff gods use UNSHARPENED Metal Props O.o ...

X.x cuz meh Katars are Carbon Steel, they are unsharpened so I'd have to really wanna stab someone to hurt them X.x

Good luck to you Haku Cosplayer X.x

swordman85

I have just a plain katana I altered to resemble Inuyasha's and I ground down the edge compleltly flat so there's nothing sharp about it.  Would this be acceptable?

Rette

What about metal swords that are fixed into their scabbards? If you can't draw it, it's just wood with a metal core.
Would this be acceptable?
If I tried to make one out of wood or something, it would probably be more dangerous...

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

Hired_Blade_Kage

Quote from: "Rette"What about metal swords that are fixed into their scabbards? If you can't draw it, it's just wood with a metal core.
Would this be acceptable?
If I tried to make one out of wood or something, it would probably be more dangerous...

I think we should have a Mod post here and help us out... personally I think that if the weapons adhear to specific requirements... the n it should be Okay X.x but we haven't heard anything from the Con-ops x.x

-Blades should have no sharp or cutting edge
-remain sheathed unless required for an activity (i.e. Cosplay Contests, pictures, ect.)
-Blades worn at Cosplay are responsibility of owner and as such must remain in their possession at al times
-Any Blades that go against these regulations should be removed and detained until the owner leaves the day or when said owner leaves the con.
-All Blades must be announced and registered (shown and approved) by Con-Ops

>.> These are my personal beliefs that should be the right rules O.o its mostly outta my own comon sense...
but I dunno what the Con-ops want X.x

If ya agree post for meh! maybe we can get a petition or something XD LMAO

xMkLx

kunais are ok tho. mwahaha. Well my philosophy is if they dont find out you have it its ok. so if you see con ops you can always hide it. unless you have a sword. then umm... well your screwed.
Rawr

Hired_Blade_Kage

Quote from: "xMkLx"kunais are ok tho. mwahaha. Well my philosophy is if they dont find out you have it its ok. so if you see con ops you can always hide it. unless you have a sword. then umm... well your screwed.

hellangel

brilliant. now that that's posted, con ops will know for SURE that they'll have to search our bags  :shock:
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Kyle stabell

I too would like some kind of reply from the mods covering con ops, I ended up getting a wooden practice sword (thanks hellangel) instead of a real sakabato so I would be able to pose with it....and now I'm wondering if I'll even be able to bring it to the con with the rules I've seen on the front page.....I have never once seen kenshin without his sword
Cosplay costumes:
2 Ranma outfits - 100% done
Himura Kenshin - 100% done
MGS2 guard - 85% done

hellangel

i've had my bokuto approved in previous years...
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Kyle stabell

true but from what I'm seing on the front page I'm wondering weather or not they would alow any non-foam swords to the con this year
Cosplay costumes:
MGS2 guard - 85% done

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Rette

As the count-down on the main page reminds us... we only have 58 days till the con.... I'm starting to get nervous about getting my cosplays done on time, especially if I have to make con-safe weaponry. I've been checking the policy page frequently, but there are never any updates.
Can we please get some info??

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

Kyle stabell

Quote from: "Barnes"I have a picture of a plastic sword. I'm wondering if it will be allowed

http://photobucket.com/albums/f293/CapeBarnes/?action=view&current=Plasticsword.jpg
of corse it would, why wouldn't a picture of a plasitc sword be alowed lol...j/k
Cosplay costumes:
MGS2 guard - 85% done

angeljibrille

Hey all,

I'm checking in to see what's up with the Weapon's Policy. I haven't seen it yet (that's not a document I write -- it's done bey secruity). Hopefully it will be up soon. I can't answer many questions yet because I don't know the answers, but obviously all REAL weapons are prohibited.

Marisa
FanimeCon Masquerade Coordinator

Razznik

Hey y'all.  I'll be cosplaying as either a KH2 or AC Cloud and I recently bought a wooden buster sword that I'm wondering if I'll be able to bring with me to the con.  Last year I had a wooden flag pole as a prop (with hard edges), so I was just wondering if a wooden sword with a "safe,blunt edge" would be allowed.  Its about 53" with a 5" blade thats about 3/4 thick.  I figured if I could get in with my wooden flag pole that the sword wouldn't be a problem.  Only thing I wonder now is whether or not the policy changed from last year.  Thanks.

angeljibrille

I can tell you for sure that a Cloud-type wooden sword would definitely be allowed if you are a Masqueade contestant -- on the stage and for judging and for pictures afterwards.

As for carrying around the con -- info still to come (sorry! ;_; people are working hard on it...!)

Nezumi

o.k. so the style of "gun" i need for my costume only comes in airsoft. so i did a search and found a child's bb gun series of it. this thing can hardley shoot the bb's and if i leave the gun completly empty would that be alright? they're going to be staying in the holsters anyways, and they are clearly fake, they have the orange cap thingy too. so would those be o.k.? or do i still need to look for somthing else?
it's better then breakfast!