CALLING ALL GATHERINGS!!! Gathering Info!!!! (2006)

Started by angeljibrille, September 21, 2005, 05:52:45 PM

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: "Moogleborg"
Quote from: "Ska_Kitti"*emote Moogleborg* You can have a gathering wherever you want and whenever you want. Just post on these threads here, something like "FOR PEACE AND LOVE! TRIGUN GATHERING!" ... or something like that, haha. Then you wait for people to reply to your thread.
Well nobody's coming to it right now....or even posting on it @.@

Ska_Kitti

Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: "Ska_Kitti"Give it time, give it time. : )
I have been....but all the other places are so much more popular then mine!!

Ska_Kitti

Seriously. Just be patient. Also remember that not many ppl cosplay Trigun anymore. They're like a dying breed in comparison to the recently released series. You'll get your gathering if you remain patient. Not everything comes when you want it. ^_^
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

DayDreamerNessa

Ayanami Rei First Child:

since fanime isn't for awhile, people still haven't probably decided who they are cosplaying as, or in some cases say if someone were to 'say' they are going to do vash, but when the time comes they may drop out.

gatherings shouldn't even be planned at this time anyways, i suggest that people plan a gathering like a month before the con in fact, just because by that time most people have decided/completed there costumes most likely, thus they can decide what date/time to have the said gathering.

You probably shouldn't at this time go and say 'hey im having a trigun gathering on saturday at 6pm etc.' because face it very few people have started there costume or even planned who there doing.
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

winry_elric

I might do a DDR gathering...but I think I'mthe only one who will cosplay from DDR  :(

Usagi Mylene

Winry_elric, I have a Alice costume that hasn't been worn at all. If you plan on a DDR gathtering for it, I might consider wearing it.

:D
Fanime 2006: Kusajika Yachiru,  Alice and Nami.

"Te Castigare... En el nombre de la Luna!" ~*Sailor Moon*~

Sassi_the_SYFG

Quote from: "Jyunishinsho"I want to plan a Guilty Gear gathering in the courtyard next to the convention center. It's a beautiful place, but I only had one picture done there.

Count me in!  I've already started working on my costume!

Croquet

Quote from: "Sassi_the_SYFG"
Quote from: "Jyunishinsho"I want to plan a Guilty Gear gathering in the courtyard next to the convention center. It's a beautiful place, but I only had one picture done there.

Yeah, me too! I haven't started mine yet though. But I know I'm going as May!
Let's play
some Croquet!

cherryteagirl

Count me in too!!  I already have my May costume for this.  And my friend will cosplay as Jam.

MeliCat

Quote from: "cherryteagirl"

Count me in too!!  I already have my May costume for this.  And my friend will cosplay as Jam.

We have a "Guilty Gear Cosplay" thread going, I'm sure this will be the thread we use when we decide when to gather! For now we're just kind of announcing who we're working on and trying to get a full cast going! :D

Captaine Kit

@ participants of 'gathering':

I'm trying to get a feel for the dynamics and effects of having the Cosplay Catwalk event.  Would you find it a group splitter or cementer if you were to interact with a 'Best of Show' Catwalk winner in your group?  For instance, you're a Rikki cosplayer in an FF gathering--before, you're all just meeting up for pictures and socializing.  If your colleague also played Rikki, and one of you entered and placed in the Catwalk contest, how could the group react?
FanimeCon Presents: Antagonite Fashion

hellangel

personally, I would applaud and be happy for the cosplayer =]
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

ININ

Not a problem for me.  I make sure I take a picture of the winning cosplayer  :D

Captaine Kit

Then I hope as many cosplayers enter the Catwalk for the sake of its first year.  It'll be a blast!

I'm still waiting on ideas for what the judging categories should be.  Should entries be judged from a checklist?  Should applicants be able to choose which title they are competing for, ie: best walk, best props, best technical ability, most creative render, best of show(all the above)?  Drop me a pm or post on that 'cosplay idea' poll topic with your ideas in answer to this question.

DayDreamerNessa

I personally would love to do the catwalk idea.

BUT, it can't interfere with the masquerade,/check-in's, and practice run-through's, but i think that's probably a given ?

otherwise i wouldn't have any problems =D
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Captaine Kit

A given, of course!  Although many cosplayers come to Fanime to show their wears (ah-ha-ha), not everyone comes ot be a part of Der Cosplay.  The Catwalk is an opportunity to put your best paw forward if you arrive with multiple costumes or without an act!

Methink as soon as stuff is ready to be submitted to the website and updated, then defining what goes into the fashion show and the Catwalk is left to the site and refinement can remain on the forums.

Riyuki

I'd love to attend a Chrono Crusade gathering! I'll be wearing my Rosette costume and the other person with me will be Chrono. Though I'm sure you'll have plenty of those, it'll be fun!

BSaphire

If any one is doing a list this year of gatherings listing days, times, and locations then add

:arrow: AC DC (Anime Corrupted Deviant Cosplayers) Gathering
:arrow: Day:  Saturday
:arrow: Time: TBA (probably afternoon)
:arrow: Meeting Place: Convention Entrance 1st Floor
:arrow: Location: TBA

Though the current 25 members know of this gathering is open to anyone who joins AC DC. For info on group check out my website: http://www.bluesaphireproductions.com. There is an AC DC link on the front page.

Thank you and till next post.....
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Jehuty

Hmm, perhaps I should begin planning my Non-Anime Cosplay gathering...Also, to the ACTIVE members of Team Flex, what are we doing??? A Gathering or are we just gonna keep meeting up at Stage Zero???
PRO-DUB
ENGLISH, Mother%@#!-er, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!