Which Series Should've a Sequel/Prequel?

Started by Tsukai Mori, September 25, 2005, 01:59:07 PM

Chloe

Quote from: "Suspicious"
Quote from: "Tsubasa"Darn tootin'!  I find the .hack universe fascinating.  They just append more and more interesting material with each new series.  The upcoming .hack/G.U. game looks pretty awesome if you ask me.

.hack/GU's trailer is squeee~ *cream*

Hee hee, you're right Supi-Kun~!  I think there should be more .Hack layovers. >w<

Oh, don't forget about .Hack//FRAGMENT~! >wO
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

recomet15

Quote from: "lyricaldanichan"Berserk

You get a thumbs-up from me. Whether or not that's worth anything is up to you! But anyway, no anime in my biased opinion deserves a second season more than Berserk. I love how far the manga takes the story, but I would love even more to see the further adventures of Guts and co. animated.

And like Ryu mentioned, more UC Gundam never hurt anyone! Especially if it involves the Red Comet!
For the love of... I forgot to put the "d" in "redcomet15"... - redcomet15

Chibblz

*scratches head*

Uhhmmm.. After seeing Elfen Lied, I'm dying to know what happens next, but there aren't any episodes left... It's a major cliffhanger. Kinda makes you wonder if they stopped going after the Dinocolus... *cant spell* Doesn't really need a sequel, though... Probably an episode or two for an epilogue to help sit back on the cliff. o.O;

I really like the Azumanga in College idea, too! *still in High School* The teachers should get weirder as they go, right? XD!

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: "recomet15"
Quote from: "lyricaldanichan"Berserk

You get a thumbs-up from me. Whether or not that's worth anything is up to you! But anyway, no anime in my biased opinion deserves a second season more than Berserk. I love how far the manga takes the story, but I would love even more to see the further adventures of Guts and co. animated.

And like Ryu mentioned, more UC Gundam never hurt anyone! Especially if it involves the Red Comet!

There has been rumors for a couple of years now about doing another round of Berserk. I kinda think it will not happen until the manga is over and it still has a lot of volumes to go. At this point anything that would be considered animated is thru the video games like the PS2 game that came out almost a year ago. Kinda weird that there was promotion for it at E3 in 04 but it was never released.. oh well :(

Kinda off topic rant:  I wish the translated volumes of Berserk was not $15
a pop so at least I could collect them. Heh tho I am stuck now from collecting the japanese volumes.. :P

ININ

Azumanga in College is a great idea.  Osaka is my favorite character. :)

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "ININ"Azumanga in College is a great idea.  Osaka is my favorite character. :)

THERE'S OUR SECOND SEASON

OSAKA IN COLLEGE :D :D :D
epic progressive

vox

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "ININ"Azumanga in College is a great idea.  Osaka is my favorite character. :)

THERE'S OUR SECOND SEASON

OSAKA IN COLLEGE :D :D :D

Or "Osaka's alternate reality"..... XD More views into the world Osaka sees.

(I'm not even sure if Osaka would make it into College.)
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

recomet15

Quote from: "lyricaldanichan"
There has been rumors for a couple of years now about doing another round of Berserk. I kinda think it will not happen until the manga is over and it still has a lot of volumes to go. At this point anything that would be considered animated is thru the video games like the PS2 game that came out almost a year ago. Kinda weird that there was promotion for it at E3 in 04 but it was never released.. oh well :(

I actually hear that Media Blasters, the company that originally licensed Berserk for its American release, is desperate to have a second season made. Can't say I blame them, since they usually get stuck with the leftovers from the other, larger anime distribution companies.
And I know what you mean about the Berserk PS2 game! I'm really bumming that it hasn't been released in America. My friend downloaded a copy of the Japanese version and I got to play it on his modded PS2. Suffice to say... I wet myself. If I had the money, I'd buy a PS2 just for that game. Actually, that's why I bought my Dreamcast; so I could play the Berserk Dreamcast game!

QuoteKinda off topic rant:  I wish the translated volumes of Berserk was not $15
a pop so at least I could collect them. Heh tho I am stuck now from collecting the japanese volumes.. :P

$15 is a lot, and I'm in the same boat as you. Well, look on the bright side: The Japanese volumes have fancy jackets!

Tsukai Mori

recomet15 said, in a summary, "I like Beserk."

QuoteI actually hear that Media Blasters, the company that originally licensed Berserk for its American release, is desperate to have a second season made. Can't say I blame them, since they usually get stuck with the leftovers from the other, larger anime distribution companies.
And I know what you mean about the Berserk PS2 game! I'm really bumming that it hasn't been released in America. My friend downloaded a copy of the Japanese version and I got to play it on his modded PS2. Suffice to say... I wet myself. If I had the money, I'd buy a PS2 just for that game. Actually, that's why I bought my Dreamcast; so I could play the Berserk Dreamcast game!

I should consider myself an anime newbie since I know nearly nothing about Beserk. Well, beside that it is bloody and I couldn't afford a $15 manga >.>
But since it seems to be so popular, maybe I should give it a chance?
Greoooowl.[/b]

Sunara Ishi

~I remembered another one~

Vampire Princess Miyu- I want more of that one.
(I wonder if Vampire Princess Yui was ever made into an anime. If not, it should...)

The whole discussion on Beserk reminded me... (Cause VPM is also that much and hard to find except in the japanese versions or online but I can't buy online. I wonder what's gonna happen to the liscence since Iron Cat went out of business[supposedly.] Like, is another company gonna pick it up or am I just out of luck... >.>)
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

recomet15

Quote from: "Tsukai Mori"
I should consider myself an anime newbie since I know nearly nothing about Beserk. Well, beside that it is bloody and I couldn't afford a $15 manga >.>
But since it seems to be so popular, maybe I should give it a chance?
Greoooowl.[/b]

Berserk is very good, though I think it's safe to say that it isn't for the faint of heart. Still, I would defenitely recommend it. If anything, you could always go to your local bookstore and flip through a copy of Berserk to see if it's something you like.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Sunara Ishi"(I'm not even sure if Osaka would make it into College.)

If you read the fourth book, Tomo and Osaka both make it into the same college (I think).
epic progressive

vox

ININ

I think Osaka can attend college.  She has to take remedial courses--a lot of remedial course XD  Or maybe she becomes a foreign student and attends West Valley college, LOL!

AbsolutelyCursed

I would like a prequel to Cowboy Bebop. Specifically, Spike's days in the crime syndicate with Vicious and see Jet back in his ISSP days.

Suspicious

Knowing Osaka.. she'll somehow screw up some paperwork and end up teaching a class in philosophy or something.

Life.. is like flying pigtails.  You never know where you'll end up.
»Jrock Con »LJ »MySpace »Website

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "Sunara Ishi"(I'm not even sure if Osaka would make it into College.)

If you read the fourth book, Tomo and Osaka both make it into the same college (I think).
I never bought the fourth book for some reason...(and I forgot about it...)

Quote from: "AbsolutelyCursed"I would like a prequel to Cowboy Bebop. Specifically, Spike's days in the crime syndicate with Vicious and see Jet back in his ISSP days.

That reminds me of another one- a sequel to Cowboy Bebop called The adventures of Ed. (Or rather a very cool, Ed-like name.)

The fabtastic lastic super duper great adventure wenture of Ed.........(long name of Ed...) XD
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O

G.I.R

Quote from: "Sunara Ishi"
A sequel to Dragon Half. XD

O.o?
Considering how the OAV's only cover a very small fraction of the manga, Dragon Half needs to be done as a series.  I'd also like to see "Kurokami (Darkhair) Captured" done as an anime as well (also done by Mita Ryuusuke).

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Suspicious"Knowing Osaka.. she'll somehow screw up some paperwork and end up teaching a class in philosophy or something.

Life.. is like a pair of brainwashing flying pigtails.  You never know where they'll take you.

Fixed and quoted for emphasis.

Now I really want to see Osaka in College. XD
epic progressive

vox

ININ

And Osaka writes a best selling book titled "Osaka's Philosophy of Life" which includes instructions on breaking disposable wooden chopsticks in half perfectly.