Which Series Should've a Sequel/Prequel?

Started by Tsukai Mori, September 25, 2005, 01:59:07 PM

Tsukai Mori

As the title says, has anyone every thought that some anime series (or just any t.v. series) needed a sequel or a prequel? I think it would have been nice if Noir had a prequel. That way, not only would it appeal to the fans of the series, it would help explain how Kirika got there in the first place and how the Noir are chosen. Also, Air the t.v. series would be great if it had a sequel, but seeing how unlikely that is, it is only simple wishing.

Anyway, any ideas?

Suspicious

FLCL 2! :shock:
Azumanga in College! :shock:

It would be cool if they continue Trigun.
Or show us the rest of the Juunishi in Fruits Basket. (they're missing horse and... monkey?)
Battle Angel Alita is in desperate need of finising.  The manga is mindblowingly awesome, but only two episodes of an anime were ever made.

Uhhh.. Gundam needs yet another sequel?
»Jrock Con »LJ »MySpace »Website

Tsukai Mori

BRILLIANT! THATS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!
Azumanga Daioh in college! That would be such a laugh! Good thinking Suspicious!

Oh! And in Fruitsbasket, I believe they've covered the monkey but not the horse!

Suspicious

Azumanga in College is like We Love Katamari to Katamari Damacy.  I don't get why it hasn't been done yet.

Hell, you could do a whole series with the travels of Osaka (A prequel! Osaka in Osaka!!!  :P ) and it would be a hit.

Spiritsnare

Screw Azumanga in college - we need a Yotsubato! anime.

And a Clannad anime.

And a Planetarian OVA.
epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

There are a handful of series I can readily recall as ending on a very incomplete note.  The ones that come most easily to mind are Spiral, Kenshin, and Fruits Basket.

Series that just can't have too many sequels: Galaxy Angel, Full Metal Panic! (preferrably taking a call from the spinoff Fumoffu), Slayers, .hack, To Heart.

Quote from: "Tsukai Mori"I think it would have been nice if Noir had a prequel. That way, not only would it appeal to the fans of the series, it would help explain how Kirika got there in the first place and how the Noir are chosen. Also, Air the t.v. series would be great if it had a sequel, but seeing how unlikely that is, it is only simple wishing.
Noir is complete as is.  I think everything is explained adequately and anything they do leave ambiguous just kinda adds to the overall appeal.

I don't want to see more AIR.  It's a very tight and self-contained story.  It is my firm belief that it tells all it needs to tell; no more, no less.

Quote from: "Suspicious"Uhhh.. Gundam needs yet another sequel?
I wouldn't mind the CE series fleshed out more like the UC.

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"And a Clannad anime.

And a Planetarian OVA.
I like your train of thought there, sir.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

RyuHayabusa

For me, it would be:

Evangelion-Pre-2nd Impact. They kinda gave details on what happened before in the TV series, and some scenes after the 2nd impact, but I would like to know what made Gendo so messed up in the 1st place.

Gundam-another series in the UC setting. Seed was cool, but Seed Destiny wasn't that great. I'm watching it, but just to complete the story. If I saw SEED again, it would be just the original series. I wouldn't mind Le Ecole du Ciel or Char's Deleted Affair animated. I just read the 1st volume of the Ecole du Ciel and it is shaping to be a good story that's set between 0083 and Zeta Gundam. Char's Deleted Affair would be awesome, cause it explains what happened to Char, and how he met Haman Karn before Zeta. Those 2 would be my obvious choice.

FF7:The Animated Series. Madhouse gave a lot of potential in the Last Order OVA and that's how I imagined the FF7 characters would look like if they were animated. I highly suggest 2 seasons or 52 episodes to tell the story and use all of the original cast for Advent Children/Last Order for the anime. :D

Blood+=already in production.

More Read or Die!!!

Azumanga in College, that sounds awesome hehehe.

More Kiddy Grade as well. I want to see the further exploits of Eclair and Lumiere.

:D

I guess that's it.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Suspicious

Quote from: "Tsubasa"Series that just can't have too many sequels: Galaxy Angel, Full Metal Panic! (preferrably taking a call from the spinoff Fumoffu), Slayers, .hack, To Heart.

I love how .hack has two series, an OAV, a manga series, and a crapload of games, but it's still not enough.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Tsubasa"
Quote from: "Spiritsnare"And a Clannad anime.

And a Planetarian OVA.
I like your train of thought there, sir.

If Key keeps it up, we get Tomoyo After, too. :3
epic progressive

vox

G.I.R

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Screw Azumanga in college - we need a Yotsubato! anime.

And a Clannad anime.

And a Planetarian OVA.
YYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!  Finally! Someone Else who's aware of "Yotsuba &"!  I'm still waiting for this to be done as an Anime. :D

Suspicious

Quote from: "G.I.R"Blah blah blah

Speaking of GIR, there needs to be another Invader Zim :B

Jyunishinsho

Tsukai Mori

QuoteNoir is complete as is. I think everything is explained adequately and anything they do leave ambiguous just kinda adds to the overall appeal.

I don't want to see more AIR.  It's a very tight and self-contained story.  It is my firm belief that it tells all it needs to tell; no more, no less.

A very valid point Tsubasa! I guess theres a point in leaving things as they are. Besides if one were to make a sequel to an already great stand alone anime, wouldn't that take away from its finalmente? Once again, good point Tsubasa, touche`, touche` (hope I spelled that right).

QuoteScrew Azumanga in college - we need a Yotsubato! anime.

And a Clannad anime.

And a Planetarian OVA.

I don't know much about Clannad but I certainly know about Yotsuba! Its such a sleeper hit. Point taken, Yotsuba anime. ...Honestly, I don't know much about Clannad... I really don't. Its made by the same makers of Air and Kanon right? Is it a game too? If so, I guess I'll look it up and perhaps buy the game (perhaps at the fanime dealer's room but we all know thats unlikely).

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Suspicious"I love how .hack has two series, an OAV, a manga series, and a crapload of games, but it's still not enough.
Darn tootin'!  I find the .hack universe fascinating.  They just append more and more interesting material with each new series.  The upcoming .hack/G.U. game looks pretty awesome if you ask me.

Quote from: "Tsukai Mori"Honestly, I don't know much about Clannad... I really don't. Its made by the same makers of Air and Kanon right? Is it a game too? If so, I guess I'll look it up and perhaps buy the game (perhaps at the fanime dealer's room but we all know thats unlikely).
CLANNAD is a game by Key, makers of the above mentioned Kanon, Air, and planetarian.  It's an AVG; one of many genres that are often referred to by the incorrect blanket term "dating sim" by most Americans.  The PC version was released in '04 after a delay of several years and a fully-voiced PS2 port is currently in the works.  A follow-up game, the above mentioned Tomoyo After ~It's a Wonderful Life~, is also in the making.  Note that the original game marks Key's first and only game that was entirely all-ages (lacking hentai).  Tomoyo After once again has H content.  Not that any of Key's games have much H and whatever little they do have is never necessary to the overall narrative.

I realize planetarian is also all-ages, but it doesn't really count cause it technically isn't a game.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

the_Pink_Panther24

Its not a sequel, or a prequel, but i think guilty gear deserves a long overdue OVA.

the extra movie they provided with guilty gear XX was just way to tempting.

Jyunishinsho

Quote from: "the_Pink_Panther24"Its not a sequel, or a prequel, but i think guilty gear deserves a long overdue OVA.

the extra movie they provided with guilty gear XX was just way to tempting.

Guilty Gear never had an anime. The teaser teased fans (including myself) for the past years. Can't blame them though, it has the fans on their knees. Just wait for the future....
-if they scout for voice actors for an english dubbed, I am SO THERE.

~~Loktera~~

A sequel or a 'sister series' to Serial Experiments Lain.

More mind numbing philosophical crap you will never understand because you are still stuck on the 4'th episode...

Symbolism is yummy....
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Suspicious

Quote from: "Tsubasa"Darn tootin'!  I find the .hack universe fascinating.  They just append more and more interesting material with each new series.  The upcoming .hack/G.U. game looks pretty awesome if you ask me.

.hack/GU's trailer is squeee~ *cream*

Croquet

Quote from: "G.I.R"
Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Screw Azumanga in college - we need a Yotsubato! anime.

And a Clannad anime.

And a Planetarian OVA.
YYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!  Finally! Someone Else who's aware of "Yotsuba &"!  I'm still waiting for this to be done as an Anime. :D

Go yotsuba&! We need more!!! Prequels, sequels, all of it! Oh...and an anime would help too...
Let's play
some Croquet!

Sunara Ishi

Azumanga in college would be interesting.... (I would love Yotsubato & as well...)

I agree. Fruits basket was never really complete. There should be a sequel but due to the fact that they messed up, it might get messy... (although it is possible that they could fix it...) I know that there missing a couple members of the zodiac....

Tokyo Babylon needed way more... (The anime that is.) Two episodes was not nearly enough.

FF7 as an anime with AC graphics would= drool.

More FMP along the lines of fumoffu would be great.

A sequel to Dragon Half. XD

A sequel to MaLoki Ragnarok to continue the story....

Maybe a prequel or OVA or something to tie the OVAs of Slayers to the TV series. I keep wondering what happened to change from a Lina/Naga party to a Lina/other people party. I think the OVAs occured before (in the timeline) but what happened to Naga? O.o?
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula