CosPlay Event Ideas-Your input please!

Started by dealerJason, September 25, 2005, 10:32:00 PM

creme

For the fashion show, include costumes as well, not just original things people come up with. I personally don't want to enter Der Cosplay, but if there were a runway esque show that was not competative, I would definitely strut my stuff down the runway for an event. A sort of yay for everyone, no prizes thing would be really neat. Or instead of no prizes, prizes for everyone? I say leave the judging to Der Cosplay and give everyone cheap prizes for the runway show. It would more be a costume show-off event for those of us who don't want to participate in a huge event. With how Stage Zero sounds like it will be set up, you could do several runway events throughout the day, where sign up is 'on the spot'. That way, people could strut multiple costumes at different times, or just walk in whenever is convenient for them to do their walk.

That's what I think at least, for this event. :) I personally have no interest in cosplay chess, but I am sure a number of people would. Cosplay DDR sounds fun, but it also sounds dangerous. If Cosplay DDR were ever put in, you would definitely have to have limits on who is allowed to participate, so no one gets hurt and all that.

BSaphire

I enjoyed the "Iron Cosplay" that Anime Overdose05 had on Sunday. It was a good day and held at I believe 12 to 1 pm. I think that it would be a great idea to hold it at least once each day that way more people could participate or watch. As for the Fashion cosplay.... burn in trash...

Chess Cosplay sounds interesting would like to see how it turns out in the end.

Stage Zero... I have been hearing and reading up on this..... right now my only opinion is that it sounds like it has potential for 24 hr chaos. So my vote on this will have to wait till it is narrowed down a whole lot more.

Finally I have a question or maybe it's a comment... just know that I don't mean to offend anyone....

It was "Der Cosplay" because of "Dieter" as the host... If anyone is familiar with the SNL "Dieter" skit then it was appropriatly named when Brian was the MC. Now that he is no longer the MC shouldn't it just be called Fanime's Cosplay Masquerade? Unless someone is going to be a "Dieter"? which would be hard cause brian nailed that performance.

Just wondering cause I keep hearing "Der Cosplay" and Dieter isn't there so... Where is the "Der" coming from...

Like I said I am not trying to offend anyone... just was wondering....
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

angeljibrille

Hey there!

Brian is planning on returning to host for FanimeCon 2006. We are still working out details, but it may end up being Der Cosplay :) I'm fine with it being called that if that's what Brian wants as the emcee.

Details pending...

Thanks!
Marisa

Leishu

Kabe ni kono Nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.

angeljibrille

Hi there!

Brian IS coming back, but it isn't going to be called Der Cosplay, per management...

That's all I know folks @_@

Marisa

ININ

Spirit, Ryu, and I were talking about chibi cosplayers before the masquerade started.  Here is a cosplay event idea.  How about a chibi cosplay gathering?  12 and under cosplayers gather.  Just think how many photographers and other cosplayers attend the gather just to see the kawaii cosplayers.

To bring more 12 and under cosplayers, on the day of the gathering, all 12 and under cosplayers get free admission for each paid adult.

Anyone with thoughts?

yOna

Quote from: "ININ"Spirit, Ryu, and I were talking about chibi cosplayers before the masquerade started.  Here is a cosplay event idea.  How about a chibi cosplay gathering?  12 and under cosplayers gather.  Just think how many photographers and other cosplayers attend the gather just to see the kawaii cosplayers.

I second that. Did you see those cute little Naruto and Sakura cosplayers?! WEEEEEE!! so cute ^_______^
Christine L.
FanimeCon Registration Staff

YuffieK

I really love the idea of Drive By Cosplay~! I think it would be great.

OH! I was wondering if you guys ever thought about giving our hall cosplay awards? Like, have a couple people be the judges and just have them go about the con, and when they see someone in a really great outfit or something, they can talk to them and them give them an award of some kind :3

zoupzuop2

I AM DEITER. WELCOME TO SPROCKETS.

At any rate, maybe if we had a Cosplay Balloon Stomp. It's played like so:

30+ or so cosplayers are given a balloon to fill up to a specified length. Then everyone is set loose in the room to try to stomp other balloons. When one's balloon is stomped, they're out. The winner is the last one to have their balloon popped/last one without their balloon popped.

My high school group at church tried it out, it's pretty cool, especially with the right music goin' in the background (LIEK ZOMG EUROBEAT N E 1?!?1/ONEDASH!?)
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

sharingannosasuke

cosplay chess! cosplay chess! cosplay chess!

oh and the iron cosplay thing looks cool too
feh.. nani wo mitsumeteiru darou

ranma12

cosplay chess!!! u want cosplay chess ^_^ that would be sweet!!!!! just a thougt mayybe we should aso do somthing like cosplay water ballon thing like throwing water ballons like every time you catch it you step back, (you all know he mini game hehe) anyway an idea but i love the chess idea sound like the idea from the Ranma 1/2 anime XD exept they play shoegi (cant spell it)

zoupzuop2

Uhh, my only complaint about Cosplay Chess is that it could take RIDICULOUSLY long. I haven't known a chess game to go shorter than 30 minutes, and HUMAN chess would most likely take a RIDICULOUSLY long time of standing around and the like.

I could be missing a fundamental detail; otherwise, I'd recommend more "fast-fix" games.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

ranma12

Quote from: "zoupzuop2"Uhh, my only complaint about Cosplay Chess is that it could take RIDICULOUSLY long. I haven't known a chess game to go shorter than 30 minutes, and HUMAN chess would most likely take a RIDICULOUSLY long time of standing around and the like.

I could be missing a fundamental detail; otherwise, I'd recommend more "fast-fix" games.
maybe checkers or somthing haha

K&K4ever

I agree with BSaphire, Iron Cosplay would really be cool.
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

Kintaka

What about a cosplay scavenger hunt? It could be done as teams or individuals and you have to take a picture with/of certain characters, or certain objects and then come back showing the photographic proof.  The only thing is groups or individuals would need a digital camera to show the pictures they took.

Inuashley

Quote from: "Kintaka"What about a cosplay scavenger hunt? It could be done as teams or individuals and you have to take a picture with/of certain characters, or certain objects and then come back showing the photographic proof.  The only thing is groups or individuals would need a digital camera to show the pictures they took.

That's a great idea! They do it at AX and at Anime LA and they're fantastic ^_^
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

K&K4ever

The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

vasher

Scavenger hunt sounds awesome.   I'd sign up.  ^^

Only other cosplay game I've heard about would be some sort of dating/bachelor game or some variation thereof.

KawaiiMess

I like the chess game idea, but it'd be better if we left it open to all cosplayers instead of those from a specific anime. It reminds me of a RPG Cosplay competition I saw, where the cosplayers were divided into two major parties and did turn-based fake attacks while someone toted up the damage for each side.

Also, I have a suggestion/question (sugi-quest?)

A friend of mine who might possibly be coming down to go hit Fanime with me and I were planning on cosplaying. Here's an idea I had: We wanted to do a choreographed cosplay fight. Now, we've taken martial arts for years, and we both know our strengths and weaknesses. My question is--
We wanted to bust this out on the main cosplay floor, so that it would take everyone by surprise and bring the "excitement" (har, har) of the sparring match closer to our fellow cosplayers.\. The fight would be in character, and we would (attempt) to fight in our character's styles. This would probably constitute me swinging around a boken of some kind, and my buddy using her barehanded fighting styles. We'd make sure that the area around us is COMPLETELY clear of all people, and we would not include anyone who bumbles in randomly and attempts to join in. I know that some cosplayers have gotten kicked off the floors for starting impromptu character fights, so this would be a warning-ahead-of-time thing. We could perform this little character fight every so often until we get tired (or bored) and then stop.

If the cosplay floor is indoors in a place where there isn't enough room, or if this is a complete no-no, then we can do it for the skit contest...although I get the feeling my terminally stage-shy friend will refuse.
fanime 2019 kaws purae: Misora (Kamen Rider Build)/Jushin Thunder Liger (NJPW)/ Kalina (Girls Frontline)

lycan510

i still like the cosplay chess idea. even if it does take forever. i mean, you SO have over 72 hours at fanime. an hour isnt that big a deal.

plus, speed chess requires players to make a move in 1 minute or less, with a 20 minute clock on either side, i think. that means at least 20 moves, or, if you have the brain of say, Nara Shikamaru, you might have 70-80 moves a game! just a little thing to think about.

i can make numbered, waterproof tiles. cant be too hard. linoleum is awesome. as for the clock, i can look some big pool timers or something online.

Admins, let me know if you want me to look for any of the required components. i work at a hardware store.
Locked and Loaded, voices scream "Let's go!" "Come on!" "Do it!" "Here we go!"