CosPlay Event Ideas-Your input please!

Started by dealerJason, September 25, 2005, 10:32:00 PM

maridah

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on January 17, 2008, 04:22:49 PM
Cosplay Monopoly!!!

After all, FanimeCon is next door to the biggest outdoor Monopoly board!

That would be great... though, I wonder how they would manage the money & house aspect of the game. Someone would have to be willing to make prop houses/hotels.

dibbly

who would i go thru to plan an event? like an end of day parade?? or do i just go gurilla style?
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
meow.

ovtrlan

I like all the ideas, honestly. After some refinement, they would all be great!
When I am done with my current project, it will be amazing! :D

MidnightRosebud

How about this:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,8866.msg215030.html#msg215030

I am trying to get the word out to see if anyone is interested, and if they are I need to find out how to set it up.  :)
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

Rainbow Ichi

My votes to the cosplay chess, however, we need a biiig place to place it in the fountain area, pluss, would be fun if people passing by see it, i mean-when i went to run to the nearby bank, there were people staring at the convention center muttering "what are those people?!?" I just informed them its an anime convention, and they went like "oohhh, that's awesome!"

The more attention it gets, perhaps it will attract more people to at least watch people perform their finishing moves outside of the convention center :D
"Brevity is the Soul of the Wit"
"Pen and Sword in accord"

Rainbow Ichi's DeviantART Page:
http://rainbow010101.deviantart.com

ryuyasha

I too vote for cosplay chess, that would be hella fun.

Leishu

Sadly, in the year when we were trying very hard to get it done, Cosplay Chess just seemed to end up being a logistical impossibility.

Though I can't say, for sure, whether progress was made on that in '07. I'd love to see that brainchild come to fruition.
Kabe ni kono Nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.

Avairrianna

I feel that for Cosplay Chess to work; we would need people to give orders while they are standing on top of something high so they can see the board. I personally don't know how to play chess but if someone was calling out where to move it would be fun ^^
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

doragon

eeeetou, The Ska_Kittie got in contact with me and we've been actually working on getting Cosplay Chess up and movin'.  She has given me and my group - since .. its our board - some space in the tabletop gaming room to host it and for multiple days if possible.  I'm still getting some things hammered out, I have school and an internship portfolio due soon so my time is limited for a few weeks T__T, but um... its now in the works?  She started a thread in the Gaming forum thing and things will be filled and and times will be blocked out and yadda yadda.  So.. yaaaay? xD;

I can try starting a thread here if you guys want.  But.. again, I'm busy with school so nothing is written out as of right now e.e;
Stuff!

liger0sniper

Cosplay chess and monopoly are definately in although a turn-based battle seems fun too (FF style maybe, I'll provide music if it actually happens xD). I'm leaning towards the fashion show too.

redroses3164

I think cosplay chess would be good if the two people who are moving the pieces are on top of something high like a ladder.

Monopoly seems a bit too complicated to do because of all the things to manage (money, hotel, who owns what etc) Though this can be fixed if someone actually brought the actual board game and then played the same way you would the board game except with the big game outside. =) Hotels would still be a bit difficult to do though.

For the turn-based battle system, it depends how it's executed. In video games, it's okay because they can do some crazy stuff. However, in real life, it might look very stagnant.

shy-cosplayer

for the cosplay chess, we could do boys vs. girls, or shounen vs. shoujo

misosoupaddict

You don't need a ladder or whatever for cosplay chess. Just bring the small game board outside and have leaders move the pieces corresponding to the live people on the large board.
You might not even need a board, just some 2' black square things for people to stand on (white color can just be the ground).
Find me in Artist's Alley 2011!
deviantart gallery

belldandyamz

Has anybody thought of letting the con goers play Iron cosplay:
This is how the game is played:

2 teams will be called up to the IRON COSPLAY ARENA! There will be two "Mystery Boxes" waiting for the teams - Each filled with the materials they will need to create IRON COSPLAY!
The time allotted this 5 MINUTES! In this time you & your team will construct a costume based on the subject given (For 1 or ALL members of the team.) The materials available will be things like...
- Fabric scraps
- Glue
- Scissors
- Toilet Paper
and everyones favorite...
- DUCT TAPE!
(A BONUS material will also be inserted into the mix!)

Gekido 87

They should have a banner outside the main hall that reads "Fanime Con '08," at least. That cosplay chess is a great idea too bad we can't play the "Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle" version of chess where it's 4v4 match.  ;D.

And seriously, they need to change the weapons rule about airsoft guns. They should like check everyone's weapons a day before the convention starts and still at least have an orange tip. Or, keep the cosplayers guns and they can just pick it up during the start of each convention. So, the staff wouldn't have to worry about the person loading it with BB's.

I had so many friends who were going to cosplay as Black Lagoon/Burst Angel but decided not to come because they didn't want to dress up w/o their guns!

I was the guy wearing the full tactical gear w/ an Umbrella patch/Pinoy Flag. (International Umbrella Merc.)
But that rule didn't stop me from carrying my Ak-47 on the last day.

You know what I learned, out of every staff member in the convention only one stopped me a douche bag :P who wore glasses and black/red attire w/ a dragon symbol on his back. :-X It's too bad my friends didn't go  :( they wear all prepared too, but tht damn rule just sux >:( >:( >:(
I'm in Despair!

lycan510

i blame ebner for the chaos around the gaming and events!  ;D just kidding my good man.

08 was AWESOME!!!!!
Locked and Loaded, voices scream "Let's go!" "Come on!" "Do it!" "Here we go!"

MirandaZero

I'd like a workshop type thing where you can go if your outfit... breaks. Just somewhere with needle and thread and super glue that are available for quick fixes. My cosplay broke a lot and finding super glue was a pain :P

JiiiWiz

My votes are in for cosplay chess for sure :D It seems like fun and if we have more people to participate, it would be better.
Fashion cosplay...no
Fountain awards? No.
"Please don't.."

clawmaster

cosplay chess I would love to see ^^b. if it were set up to a big event like in Anime boston that would be great and I would live to volunteer 1st to be one of the chess players playing chess. not in the chess bored and there is a good reason why cuz........hehe.......I would be dressed up as Zero from code geass and what a fitting way that its a chess game that he is good at. and to let u all know I am pretty good at chess. i keep an eye on this thread, but cosplay chess i do agree should happened ^^b.

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

phantomblackwings

i think that we should do a " do you know that anime?" trivia game with contestants and can win prizes. ^^ also  ithink it'd be cool if we also did panel or something on making bento or like a cooking mamma thing..