Dead or Alive Cosplay

Started by MeliCat, October 02, 2005, 02:19:23 PM

MeliCat

With the new game coming out on X-Box 360, I figured it's finally time for me to stop being lazy and cosplay Kasumi. ^.^ I'd love to have some picture buddies, is anyone planning any Dead or Alive cosplay?

So far MAYBE we have:

Imari-chan as Hitomi
Eurobeat King as Jann Lee
ChibiSerenaChan as Lei Fang
DayDreamerNessa as Ayane
MeliCat as Kasumi

So... where can we get our:

Tina?
Helena?
Bass?
Christie?
Hayabusa?
Hayate?
Zack?
New Japanese Girl from DOA4?

RyuHayabusa

I'll be there to take pics if it happens hehehe :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

DayDreamerNessa

i was considering it for fanime, but my cosplays are set for fanime, so i might for ax now, if someone mentioned a possible gathering i probably would've planned a DOA cosplay for fanime =(, but oh well things might change and who knows i may make one. gl meli~
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

MeliCat

You should make one, Nessa-chan. ^_^ You're so cute, I'd love to see it. Oh well.

DayDreamerNessa

i'll see if i can, it would be a lot of fun ^_^~ but i'm still unsure.

are you doing the blue version or the cute cherry blossom one meli ?

jess3zor

big-ol-boobies-cosplay in other words...
I havnt seen any DOA cosplay.
Dont forget your fanny-pack.
My pouch can only hold so much.

Shinsengumi

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"I'll be there to take pics if it happens hehehe :D

I'm with you too Bro  hahahahaha   :D
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Tsukai Mori

Are you sure about this? Not that I mind, but aren't DOA clothing rather revealing? I can't help but think the cosplayers would be embarrassed, unless they feel the need to showplace their body...like in DOA. If so, uh, I guess I'll get out the camera and take a shot worthy of the talent of the cosplayer. Look out... I guess?

Chun

On DOA Female Cosplays:

Do not run or jump up and down too often. Don't need fanboys lining the floors with nosebleeds in the path of the, ahem, "bubbly" Kasumi or Ayane.

Also, make sure you are in a secure, upright position as you play DDR. No, I'm not talking about your back.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

ChenCzen

Quote from: "Chun"On DOA Female Cosplays:

Do not run or jump up and down too often. Don't need fanboys lining the floors with nosebleeds in the path of the, ahem, "bubbly" Kasumi or Ayane.

Also, make sure you are in a secure, upright position as you play DDR. No, I'm not talking about your back.

~Chun

oh please people relax, its Melicat and Nessa. They arent 'bubbly' enough to do that kind of damage.
Except for ending communism, slavery, nazism, and fascism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING!!

Chun

Quote from: "ChenCzen"
oh please people relax, its Melicat and Nessa. They arent 'bubbly' enough to do that kind of damage.

Hai hai, but one can never be too careful ;).

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

DayDreamerNessa

oh please =P there are costumes that are WAY skimpier than the ones in dead or alive, for example the infamous tira and chocolat misu at fanime 2004, now that crosses the line of skimpyness, and gives cosplayers who do somewhat revealing costumes a bad name IMO

http://www.nnanime.com/events/0405fanime/day3/p5292196.jpg

i personally dont knock cosplayers down if the costume is skimpy, IF it is well made. But there are skimpy cosplays like my example that cross the line. Besides most (not all) cosplayers have common sense when it comes to cosplay, they are humans =P and most know what is tasteful and what is not, and most wont go around doing dumbass things that have been previously stated. with the exceptions of some cosplayers.

this makes me want to to do the ayane costume that i like from dead or alive is because people say things like that.

and chen is right too.

Tsukai Mori

Quote from: "DayDreamerNessa"oh please =P there are costumes that are WAY skimpier than the ones in dead or alive, for example the infamous tira and chocolat misu at fanime 2004, now that crosses the line of skimpyness, and gives cosplayers who do somewhat revealing costumes a bad name IMO

http://www.nnanime.com/events/0405fanime/day3/p5292196.jpg

i personally dont knock cosplayers down if the costume is skimpy, IF it is well made. But there are skimpy cosplays like my example that cross the line. Besides most (not all) cosplayers have common sense when it comes to cosplay, they are humans =P and most know what is tasteful and what is not, and most wont go around doing dumbass things that have been previously stated. with the exceptions of some cosplayers.

this makes me want to to do the ayane costume that i like from dead or alive is because people say things like that.

and chen is right too.

First I must say that skimpy costume (shown in the link) is the farthest thing I've seen from "tasteful" in quite a while. Nessa, I commend you for you efforts in making an Ayane costume. If you pull this off I wil forever see cosplayers in a brighter and higher light. Go fashion!

MeliCat

They certainly are on the revealing side, but if you've ever seen me cosplay before you'll notice that really doesn't bother me, lol. DOA girls aren't for the shy or those with shame, that's for sure. Hitomi isn't that revealing, right? Some of them have clothes on, lol. I'll be doing Kasumi's blue version, I'll really try to keep it blue, but I always end up making an alternate color. We'll see. Nessa, you'd make a cute Ayane. ^_^ I'm the same height and have the same measurements as Kasumi, so the cosplay should look good. ^_^

Jyunishinsho

er...what about DOA guys? Anyone ever thought of them?

-----

Haha, guess they are out of the question. The DOA girls rock.

DayDreamerNessa

actually if we have a DOA gathering we should get Al to cosplay as jan lee(sp?) with us, either way i'd have my bf cosplay as a DOA guy with me XD probably hayabusa(sp?)

it's a shame the guys outfits are so boring =/

Tsukai Mori

Quote from: "DayDreamerNessa"actually if we have a DOA gathering we should get Al to cosplay as jan lee(sp?) with us, either way i'd have my bf cosplay as a DOA guy with me XD probably hayabusa(sp?)

it's a shame the guys outfits are so boring =/

With all the "creativity" the producers spent on the females, theres not much room to follow up with a decent male costume? For shame DOA! For shame! Gee, makes you think that DOA is all about the girls...wait, it is. Good luck pulling a Hayabus, unless you ultra funkify it with Ninja Gaiden.

Jyunishinsho

I DARE someone to cosplay as Zack's slick silver alien cosplay...

ChenCzen

its already been done. um ziggy from cosplay.com if you care to look it up, and get a few laughs.
Except for ending communism, slavery, nazism, and fascism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING!!

Jyunishinsho

Quote from: "ChenCzen"its already been done. um ziggy from cosplay.com if you care to look it up, and get a few laughs.

What about next year? A Zack playing DDR or something, doing all the weird hand movements?