Guilty Gear Cosplay

Started by MeliCat, October 03, 2005, 02:43:46 PM

Kazuko

:3 yay-ness
;D well im ordering my dizzy wig this week or maybe next week and the dress im making next week too

o: wings i denno

:3 meli my friend eric can do them, I told him about our gathering and he wants to know what he wants on there and what he is going to get out of it lawlz

MeliCat

Tell your friend he has to put time/date/meeting spot.etc, info from the 1st post...and he'll get... a "thanks" from me?  :oops:

Kazuko

:3 okay i will let him know that right away~

the_Pink_Panther24

Word of mouth is a good way too, if someone comes up to you and wants a pic or something, jsut throw in "and hey, check out the GGXX gathering saturday at noon-30, its going to be cool"
word travels quick right? :3

MeliCat

Thanks Kazu-chan, and tell your friend I really appreciate it!

Good idea, everyone promote our gathering! It's gonna be great!

Elimeno

Hey, I'm the uh...friend thats gonna do the flyer thingees.  I'm going to make a few samples and post em up sometime later today.  The size of them will be the normal size of say, a concert flyer so about 5 inches tall by 4 inches wide, and black and white (to save ink or what not)  Oh, one more thing!  Can someone clarify exactly where the gathering will be? ^^;
ps: i'll try to bring a copy of GGXX#slash so we dont have to deal with Isukas lame turnaround system :D

Edit:
Yosh! first one done...was gonna be here earlier but I fell asleep ^^; Ok, wyshe guysh heres the ska... I can make the flyers and such more graphically delicious, but i'm not going to be able to print them myself, so i'll continue making different copies and let you decide on which ones to actually use, because as of right now i'm out of ink ^^; so someone is going to have to hit up kinkos.  

Edit 2: Ok, thats all I'm going to do for the time being.  I'll do some more when i get some feed back^^

Edit 3:  jeesh...too many updates, anyway it turns out my band of artists Sync3 has decided to step in and possibly make a flier, but no gaurentees yet, one of the members hasnt been contacted.  Just something to let roll around in your head ^^

Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

Kazuko

waaah nii-chan sugoi naaa :3!!!

pretties pretties! I hope you and the rest of sync3 can help with that flier :3

shinigami_babe

if i were to choose from that group I'd pick the first one, and the last one.

But one issue i have is that the first sample flyer, i don't recognize that image with all the girls in it and I wouldn't think it's guilty gear unless i took a closer look and read the text.

one suggestion i have if anyone else considers making flyers, is to have the guilty gear cast in there normal P1 outfits, that's the most recognizeable thing to me as guilty gear, the artbook images are pretty but they dont scream guilty gear to me.

Jyunishinsho

Nuuu...I didn't post mine up! ><

Elimeno

Quote from: "shinigami_babe"if i were to choose from that group I'd pick the first one, and the last one.
one suggestion i have if anyone else considers making flyers, is to have the guilty gear cast in there normal P1 outfits, that's the most recognizeable thing to me as guilty gear, the artbook images are pretty but they dont scream guilty gear to me.

mmmk thanks for the info, i'll work on some more sometime tomarrow^^  yeah, i used the stuff from the artbook simply because i owned it, and i didnt want to piss any fan artists off if i used thier pictures, without asking permission for it first.  And as extensive as my GG pics goes, it would be really hard to find a specific artist;  But i'll cook something up.
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

AnnoyedWabbit

I knocked some flyer ideas together with sprites and whatnot from http://ggxlol.highervoltage.net/
Sol, Ky, and Millia
Johnny, May
Venom, Chipp, Faust
Anji, Baiken
There weren't big sprites for a lot of the characters, hence the lack of ABA, Bridget, and Dizzy. ;_; But anyhow, the idea was that since they're 4x5 inches, you could print 4 designs per page. I thought it might keep people's interest up, and this way I could include more characters but keep the flyers from getting too busy.

Oh, and the fullview looks hideous, but they print out pretty nice. Mildly pixelated, but not too bad.

My friend and I are going to see if we can hijack our school's computer lab and big fancy printer to print flyers for free. I'll keep you posted on the results...
Cosplay Fanime 2009:
Alcia Melchiott and Welkin Gunther (Valkyria Chronicles)
Can I actually finish this without a)failing out of my senior year and b)killing myself? Only time will tell.

shinigami_babe

Quote from: "AnnoyedWabbit"I knocked some flyer ideas together with sprites and whatnot from http://ggxlol.highervoltage.net/
Sol, Ky, and Millia
Johnny, May
Venom, Chipp, Faust
Anji, Baiken
There weren't big sprites for a lot of the characters, hence the lack of ABA, Bridget, and Dizzy. ;_; But anyhow, the idea was that since they're 4x5 inches, you could print 4 designs per page. I thought it might keep people's interest up, and this way I could include more characters but keep the flyers from getting too busy.

Oh, and the fullview looks hideous, but they print out pretty nice. Mildly pixelated, but not too bad.

My friend and I are going to see if we can hijack our school's computer lab and big fancy printer to print flyers for free. I'll keep you posted on the results...

aw no love for jam and I-no??? But I like the idea you have, but I can't read the writing very well @_@;

AnnoyedWabbit

shinigami_babe wrote:
QuoteAnnoyedWabbit wrote:
I knocked some flyer ideas together with sprites and whatnot from http://ggxlol.highervoltage.net/
Sol, Ky, and Millia
Johnny, May
Venom, Chipp, Faust
Anji, Baiken

aw no love for jam and I-no??? But I like the idea you have, but I can't read the writing very well @_@;

There was no matching sprite for I-no, though i could probably fit Jam in. She was giving me trouble, the pose of her sprite is really odd. O_o

I can change the font, especially on the when/where part. I wanted to use it for the title 'cause it's very similar to the Guilty Gear font.  :D
Cosplay Fanime 2009:
Alcia Melchiott and Welkin Gunther (Valkyria Chronicles)
Can I actually finish this without a)failing out of my senior year and b)killing myself? Only time will tell.

Jyunishinsho

Gah! Now you guys found my sprite storage locker! ><;;;;;

MeliCat

Ooohh...looking really good! Thanks Elimeno-san. ^_^ I like the first one alot, but I guess it doesn't look "GG" enough? Oh well...maybe one in regular outfits? Gambette!

Yeah...flyers! We need alot and different artists are welcome to make them, the more the merrier!

I'm shopping around for the mini-tourney prize..not going too well...lol.

Elimeno

lol, looks like Annoyed Wabbit got me beat, anyway, i'll spit out a few fliers after class today, and i still have to talk with the rest of my team about the drawn one.

MeliCat

Okay, whatever you guys want, just let me know so I can meet with you guys and get them passed out and posted. ^_^

Jyunishinsho

Kazuko

100% BEEF

Elimeno, I would literally 'asplode if you brought Slash, I'm super duper serial. I'll be a Johnny at the gathering, if you'll be there or at the game room I'd like to meet up with you to play some matches. Been itching to finally play that game. :o