FanimeCon 2019 Forums

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: Guilty Gear Cosplay  (Read 88738 times)

Croquet

• Inu-Posta
    • View Profile
Guilty Gear Cosplay
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2005, 09:57:46 PM »

Hey, I just noticed that the group still needs a May! I could cosplay as her instead of Bridget since you already have one, and then I could just use my natural hair color. The only problem is....how to make an anchor. Maybe if I just had a dolphin instead?
Let's play
some Croquet!

Jyunishinsho

• Wardrobe Guy of Great America
  • Onegai Post
  • Fanime Attendee since 01
    • View Profile
Guilty Gear Cosplay
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2005, 10:51:10 PM »

No! May needs the anchor!

-bring the dolphin as well....

Heartbreak_despair

• Prince of Post
    • View Profile
Guilty Gear Cosplay
« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2005, 09:58:37 AM »

Just a couple of suggestions: Use paper mache & a wire frame or just cut it out of foam and spray paint it (i personally would do the 2nd one)
stuck between tomarrow land, the old timey "one big wheel in the front bicycle", and the cellular phone...

Jyunishinsho

• Wardrobe Guy of Great America
  • Onegai Post
  • Fanime Attendee since 01
    • View Profile
Guilty Gear Cosplay
« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2005, 10:53:16 AM »

Quote from: "Heartbreak_despair"
Just a couple of suggestions: Use paper mache & a wire frame or just cut it out of foam and spray paint it (i personally would do the 2nd one)

Where can I find foam in the SJ area?

MeliCat

• Post in the Shell: SAC
    • View Profile
Guilty Gear Cosplay
« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2005, 06:30:58 PM »

Quote from: "Croquet"
Hey, I just noticed that the group still needs a May! I could cosplay as her instead of Bridget since you already have one, and then I could just use my natural hair color. The only problem is....how to make an anchor. Maybe if I just had a dolphin instead?

Yes! Please cosplay May! :D She's so cute!! Maybe you could make her anchor like a huge plushie?

Croquet

• Inu-Posta
    • View Profile
Guilty Gear Cosplay
« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2005, 07:19:32 PM »

Yeah, I was thinking of making it like a plushie. That would be easiest, and probably more durable than foam! Ok guys, May it is then!
Let's play
some Croquet!

100% BEEF

• Maria-sama ga Post
    • View Profile
Guilty Gear Cosplay
« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2005, 08:12:02 PM »

yay, a may in the group now! I also notice many May's have a dillema about how to make the anchor, and a plush is a good route. But i've never really seen a to-scale-anchor for May. If Pink Panther sees this post he could probably suggest how to make a really pro looking anchor. 8)

just my two cents though, good luck on the cosplay either way! btw I'm the current running johnny in this little group we have going. yay!

MeliCat

• View Profile
Guilty Gear Cosplay
« Reply #127 on: October 29, 2005, 11:05:09 AM »

Yay for May!! :D I think a Plushie anchor would be cute! You can swing it at me in mock-battle and it won't hurt!

Heartbreak_despair

• Prince of Post
    • View Profile
Guilty Gear Cosplay
« Reply #128 on: October 29, 2005, 02:29:23 PM »

Plushies are cool but how would you get it  to scale, and not flop over?
I have no idea where to find Foam in SJ try so Hobby stores or an art store
stuck between tomarrow land, the old timey "one big wheel in the front bicycle", and the cellular phone...

DayDreamerNessa

• always daydreaming
    • View Profile
Guilty Gear Cosplay
« Reply #129 on: October 29, 2005, 03:28:43 PM »

what are you guys talking about O_o there's plenty of people who've done may and done scale sized anchors here's two that i found doing a quick cosplaylab search, theres a lot more but those are the easiest to find.

http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=107069

http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=100970
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

MeliCat

• View Profile
Guilty Gear Cosplay
« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2005, 04:32:37 PM »

Quote from: "DayDreamerNessa"
what are you guys talking about O_o there's plenty of people who've done may and done scale sized anchors here's two that i found doing a quick cosplaylab search, theres a lot more but those are the easiest to find.

I think the problem is making a plushie ancor to scale and not have it floppy. I suppose foam would be better. But how do you make foam smooth? I need to make Bridget's waistcuff, but I have no idea what to use to get it as smooth as I'd like it.

Heartbreak_despair

• Prince of Post
    • View Profile
Guilty Gear Cosplay
« Reply #131 on: October 29, 2005, 05:20:01 PM »

making the anchor to scale isn't hard. but making it plushy and to scale is hard because it will most likely flop over, but that's been said

As for you Meli, you should buy this stuff called Mat spray(short for mat board spray) you can prolly get it at either in a photo class or maybe in your local arts &  crafts store

MeliCat

• View Profile
Guilty Gear Cosplay
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2005, 10:19:48 AM »

As for you Meli, you should buy this stuff called Mat spray(short for mat board spray) you can prolly get it at either in a photo class or maybe in your local arts &  crafts store

Will that help the foam smooth out? Are there different types of foam?  :shock:  Ths is my first "prop", sorry for my newb questions. Thanks for your help!

Heartbreak_despair

• Prince of Post
    • View Profile
Guilty Gear Cosplay
« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2005, 08:31:35 AM »

It's cool! :P   I've never tried it with such a big prop, but assuming you get the foam that's really pourous (not smooth) the spray should smooth it out.  As for different types of foam yes there is, i just assumed that you had already boughten the foam

MeliCat

• View Profile
Guilty Gear Cosplay
« Reply #134 on: October 31, 2005, 10:56:29 AM »

It's cool! :P   I've never tried it with such a big prop, but assuming you get the foam that's really pourous (not smooth) the spray should smooth it out.  As for different types of foam yes there is, i just assumed that you had already boughten the foam

No, I don't have anything for the cuff yet. I'll try your idea and see how it turns out!

Sassi_the_SYFG

• Maria-sama ga Post
    • View Profile
Guilty Gear Cosplay
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2005, 07:28:00 PM »

My goal is to be Testament for 2006

MeliCat

• View Profile
Guilty Gear Cosplay
« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2005, 08:50:22 AM »

Quote from: "Sassi_the_SYFG"
My goal is to be Testament for 2006

Ooh! A Testa-sama! :D ONe of my personal favorites. Would you like to gather with us?

DayDreamerNessa

• always daydreaming
    • View Profile
Guilty Gear Cosplay
« Reply #137 on: November 02, 2005, 10:29:57 AM »

i dont know if i want to do jam for fanime so many people have said they are going as her, so i might do my guilty gear group for another thing, if more people do jam.

i'd like to do jam, but it's no fun if theres like 5 others running around as her too so i'll have to see.
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

otakuapprentice

• More than 2718 posts
  • Flying through the universe in my T.A.R.D.I.S
    • View Profile
Guilty Gear Cosplay
« Reply #138 on: November 02, 2005, 10:33:53 AM »

what other characters are you looking for? i might go as ky (if i start the costume soon) :)
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

MeliCat

• View Profile
Guilty Gear Cosplay
« Reply #139 on: November 02, 2005, 01:18:29 PM »

i dont know if i want to do jam for fanime so many people have said they are going as her, so i might do my guilty gear group for another thing, if more people do jam.

i'd like to do jam, but it's no fun if theres like 5 others running around as her too so i'll have to see.

: (  You'll be such a pretty Jam... But I completely understand where you're coming from. It's not fun to be 1 of 10.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 25 queries.