dollfies?

Started by hakudoushi, October 08, 2005, 01:30:40 PM

Eri Kagami

Some points of interest if you're intro these dollfies. (Personally, I prefer calling them dollfies rather than BJDS...feel free to accuse me if my mind is in the gutter, but I think of something else...)

Den of Angels - ask us questions!
http://www.denofangels.com/forums/

LUTS
http://www.eluts.com
(just a personal preference, but I prefer these lovelies)

Cosworx also sold some dollfie clothes and accessories. The clothes were mainly for the female type dolls, but they're still spiffy nonetheless.

And check out the "toy" section of my website. *points to sig*

elfgirlkaname

well I think Emory will be there form Junkyspot, they've been there for the past couple years :D Oh and there's the website you can visit www.junkyspot.com

I just hope he has the purple and green boboies with himXP mabe blue or pink too! I wanna get a bunch of tinies*squeel*

Moonblossom

Emory will definitely be there. I know he's going to be bringing some vinyl Obitsu dolls, and last year he had a bunch of resin ones too, so odds are good that he'll have some this year. I believe there were soem Elfdoll and DiM dolls last year.

Rein-Yagami

I saw a dollfie store, it was near a braclet store.

...I'm not sure if they were selling dollfies, or just the clothes though O_o
I know... I'm useless XD

edendreams

I actually bought some to use in art work. They're quite pose able so i figured I'd get one male and one female. they're pretty nice and cheap too at $30 for the doll with custom hair. I'm going to paint mine but i need to find good paint first.

a little art by me ^-^

Death_Note_Matt

I want one so bad...but its so expensive ;~;
and well I love to use my money on cosplay >w>
I will buy one soon at Yaoi.con next year
and name them Sephiroth and Kamina [my Two Favorite guys in the  video game/ anime world so far XD]
Another Player has Entered the Game

Roguethe

They were selling some luts last year, in the far right corner of the dealers room. They didn't have too many though.

I draw sometimessss

elfgirlkaname

Quote from: edendreams on May 26, 2008, 10:39:01 PM
I actually bought some to use in art work. They're quite pose able so i figured I'd get one male and one female. they're pretty nice and cheap too at $30 for the doll with custom hair. I'm going to paint mine but i need to find good paint first.

if you need help with painting little obitsus go to www.junkyspot.com/OBITSU/forums or www.13doll.com/forums  both of these forums are very friendly and helpful :D ask questions and stuff and they'll help you out :) ask lou to help :D he is the faceup god XD

and as for supplies you need:
good quality water-based acrylics (I use Liqutex)
chalk pastels (oil = bad staining D:)
Mr. Super Clear matt, sealer ( aka MSC)

@Death_Note_Matt
if you're looking for something resin under 200$ emory has some beautiful bobobies? their faces are sooo cute! especially sprite!

*tries to enable you to get a sprite!*  ;)

Poison_Desires

here's mine!

her name is Ophelia Autumn. But I just called her Autumn for short.
She's an Angel of Dream (a korean brand) on 1/3 scale. Got her for a REALLY good deal on ebay too.
I need to get her some more accessories and give her a paint job....

Maybe a brother or sister at the dealer's booth while I'm at it?

Someone mentioned Eluts? That's actually my fav brand!
I had my eye on a senior delf... Bliss? I think is her name... but she's 450.

Yeah... it's a good thing somebody brought this topic up because I need to know exactly how much to bring to fanime and more importantlt where to shope for good stuff and good deals...
Does  $1000 sound like enough? Or should I save up $2500- $5000?
My price range is WAY off when it comes to these things... lmao

Laylian

For accessories, Starry Petals was there last year. They had some lovely BJD outfits at fairly reasonable prices, if I remember correctly. They have a webiste: www.starrypetals.com/

As someone else mentioned, Emory is usually there with JunkySpot. If you're looking to buy a dollfie, a good idea would be to check out his website for some prices. Elfgirlkaname posted a link for them. They sells pretty much everything lol.

There was also a girl selling some BJD clothes and even a couple of dolls at the Swap Meet last year. You just have to keep your eyes peeled. Never know where the BJDs will be, haha ^.~

elfgirlkaname

yup and I think Tata's Paradise was like right across from the Junkyspot booth last year..
I got a lovely shirt for my 70cm there.

I'll probabally be bringing some wigs and clothes and maybe some eyes to the swap meet too :D

Laylian

I didn't know Tata's Paradise was there! *dies*

Oh, there are some people selling BJD clothes in the Artist Alley too. Check out Gravity Doll; their outfits are beyond amazing~ And someone was selling BJD sized jewlery. Those were really cute!