Some Mangas...Should Just Get Translated...Others...

Started by Tsukai Mori, October 10, 2005, 09:18:46 AM

Tsukai Mori

Hello again fellow otakus! Or if you are too sensitive about being called an otaku...uh...Well, sucks for you! Anyway, has there ever been a manga you just absolutely wanted translated into English (or for any other language I guess...). For me, that would be Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei!
Since I spend plenty of time at Borders, I can always read up on newly released mangas, however, there are just some that I rather keep on a distant country, far, far away. No, not Japan... But! Then there are those that I wish were a little closer to a book store near you! ...Please! If you share the same feelings, post! Post the manga you want to be translated into English!

And to end this post with a sorta inside joke.
"I'm SO IN DESPAIR of how FAR away JAPAN IS!"

Sunara Ishi

Most of Iisaka Yukako's works. Especially her early anthrologies... I own one but its too much of a pain to translate it myself... >.> Plus I suspect its tied to other related volumes in some way... (separate anthrologies...not series...)

I know there are some that I think are a waste of money to import but I can't remember titles at this moment... >.>

Inside joke? O.o? Why? I think I'll rebel.... XD
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Croquet

I'd like to see more manga translated into german....for no reason except that it would be entertaining. You know, I found a german manga-type book at a used book store. It was awesome! I should of bought it.
Let's play
some Croquet!

ced1106

I'd sure like to see Lum *re-translated* with the Japanese cultural references. Or the return of Rumiko Theatre. IMO, Rumiko Takahashi's drama is *extremely* good, but she essentially has to compete against herself. At least Mermaid's Saga (?) is available. HIGHLY recommended, if you like drama and horror. (Besides, it's only four volumes and is a short series, iirc.)

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

likkyan

I'd like to see Akemi's Prince Charming & Breakfast Club series translated... but they've already gone and made my entire freaking year by putting out (err, well, it'll be out super soon, anyways, I think...) Earthian.

Yes.  Oh lord yes.  Earthian in English, with all of that lovely Yun Kouga gorgeousness that is so much prettier than what you get in the anime.

Mmmm.

SO.  MUCH.  LOVE.

X3

I'd also like to see more Higuri You!  Yeah!!!  Gorgeous Carat and Seimaden are being released, but man... I really want to see the one she did with Sakura Kai, uhh... Tenshi no Bara, I believe it's called, translated.  Ludwig and Lost Angel would be nice, too.  >.>
"Only in Europe can you suck down a fag and be gay, but not homosexual."

Glitch

I would love to see the devil man manga finally brought over.Tsk,they can't bring us this,but they bend over backwards to make lizzy mguire and fairly odd parents cine-"manga".Injustice I say.

KimaLucifer

I want Kurosagi Delivery Service of Corpse and Shigeshoushi translated so I have SOMEONE to rant about it with. (Thankfully project Omanga people translated MPD Psycho so I had people to rant with..but I do with they had it at borders or something so that there would be more people who know of it)

I happen to be a big fan of the writer Ootsuki Eishi and that's the main reason why I want KDSoC and MPD P. translated into books >_< He's a good writer...but the main problem being they're rather bloody and you probably won't be able to read em at the store or something >_<
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

Spiritsnare

The Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu manga should be licensed already, dammit.

Oh, and Kanon and AIR, too. Moreso AIR, because it has quite the following; I'd suspect even moreso than Kanon.</dork>
epic progressive

vox

hakudoushi

Quote from: "ced1106"I'd sure like to see Lum *re-translated* with the Japanese cultural references. Or the return of Rumiko Theatre. IMO, Rumiko Takahashi's drama is *extremely* good, but she essentially has to compete against herself. At least Mermaid's Saga (?) is available. HIGHLY recommended, if you like drama and horror. (Besides, it's only four volumes and is a short series, iirc.)

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
mermaid saga is REALLY good...

id like to see kamikaze kaitou jeanne in english.

know why? i wanna diss it. >_> </hate> xDD
no really, i have a pet ninja.

Tsubasa

Quote from: "hakudoushi"id like to see kamikaze kaitou jeanne in english.
CMX has it.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Moogleborg

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"The Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu manga should be licensed already, dammit.

Oh, and Kanon and AIR, too. Moreso AIR, because it has quite the following; I'd suspect even moreso than Kanon.</dork>

Yes....Guu should be licensed! ^^
Running on moé, 24/7/365.