Mai Otome

Started by YoureMyHiro, October 13, 2005, 10:07:48 AM

YoureMyHiro

So Mai Otome has finally debuted and I think it has definite promise. The storyline has been switched up thus far so there is no smooth transition from the previous season aside from the main characters and retaining their names.

I like how Satsuki seems to be in a position of responsibility and power at the school as once was her counter part Shizuru. There has been introduction to evil child-like "Slaves" and most characters roles have been switched up. If youve seen it you know what I mean, the princess? Interesting character choice.

Any thoughts or opinions. Feel free to share.

RyuHayabusa

I love it so far. I have seen all 3 fansub versions byt LIME, Doremi and Static-Subs and I'm sticking with Static, since they are the ones that did a wonderful job on Mai Hime. It's a very different version of the story in my opinion and I can't wait for Mai to show up. I wonder what role will she play this time around? Hehehe.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

platinum edge

From what I read about the series from animenfo.com, it says that Mai Otome is not a direct sequel to Mai Hime.  It has the same characters, but the storyline is completely unreleated.
Always chase after your dreams, and never forget why you are pursuing them.

Tsubasa

I've watched it and it has promise.  It's always interesting seeing alternate universe sequels.  Props for Akane action.  I don't see any Midori or Yukino anywhere in the episode or OP.  Boo~.

I'll watch it, but it's not really high on my priority list this season.  Topping that list would be, like, Nanoha A's, To Heart 2, and probaby ARIA.

Quote from: "platinum edge"From what I read about the series from animenfo.com, it says that Mai Otome is not a direct sequel to Mai Hime.  It has the same characters, but the storyline is completely unreleated.
That is correct.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

ININ

I have the first episode and I managed to watch the first 4 minutes.  It's different and going to be interesting XD

OniCourseMusha

Seen the first episode. And I think it's pretty cool.

I seen so many familiar faces except different roles and places.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand