Jigoku Shoujo

Started by Chun, October 19, 2005, 01:16:29 AM

Chun

One of the more.... "Freaky" choices of the season. It feels slightly reminiscient to a campfire tales-type story, but yet has its own charm (Enma Ai is great. Having Noto Mamiko voice her is even better.) A perfect show just in time for Halloween.

To those who do not know, Jigoku Shoujo is a tale of a group known as Hell Correspondence, who have a site that appears at midnight. When this site is accessed, you may input a name of a person you want revenge on; that will immedlately send them to hell. However, as a price, you must make a convant with Enma Ai, where you fate yourself to Hell, killing all chance you have to go to Heaven.

The ED visuals are very moody and convey a great ambience, and the concept is one of interest. Any other thoughts? I've only seen the first episode, but I'm aquiring the raw of the second as we speak.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Tsubasa

Saw episode one a day or two ago.

It's most likely the darkest series this season.  I believe it to be suspenseful and compellilng.  Noto Mamiko as the jigoku shoujo is a little wierd at first, but when it sets in, I actually find it a tad sexy.

Probably worth continuing this one.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Sunara Ishi

I thought it was interesting. I like it. XD

I think I'll follow it. I want to see where they take it. XD
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

hakudoushi

sounds interesting! :P
no really, i have a pet ninja.

100% BEEF

I also likes it overall. It almost had a Paranoia Agent feel to the animation and story progression. Although I didn't find it scary whatsoever, the premise seems compeling enough to keep up with the releases. Recomended so far!

ced1106

It's showing at Foothill Anime. Only saw the second half of the first ep, but look forward to more of the series!

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

Evangelion Xgouki

I just love this series  :D .  It's so awsome.  I just wish that it'd be subbed faster cause I wanna see who accesses the site next.

The-O

So far pretty cool. I'm interested in how Enma Ai got the job.
The-O Network Online Executive Editor
Con Reports, Photos, News, Interviews, Reviews, and more!
www.t-ono.net

KimaLucifer

I'm curious about the grandmother.

And why people keep saying this series reminds people of me.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.