Started by Captaine Kit, October 20, 2005, 04:15:28 PM

Reasons you would go to a Fanime fashion show:

Check out hot, local fashion.
4 (11.1%)
Check out hot, foreign fashion.
10 (27.8%)
Check out hot models.
5 (13.9%)
See Stage Zero unfold for the first time ever.
5 (13.9%)
I'm always at major Fanime events.
6 (16.7%)
Might be better than a panel I just wandered from.
2 (5.6%)
Fashion show?  at Fanime?  but why?
4 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: October 20, 2005, 04:15:28 PM

Captaine Kit

Ah, so unfortunate.  You people really ought to have emailed me.  I believe someone did come from Sac'to, but I'm not sure she was with your party.  You drop me a nice ol' line, ok?  Here are details for models:

Release forms will be sent out this week.
They are due in my hands 22nd April, with body measurements.
Photo shoots for designer portfolios are in May.
I need more men and more young, with all-due-glory and fever, fat ladies.

Oh yeah, and we look forward to presenting some designs during Late Night with Rob Miles.
FanimeCon Presents: Antagonite Fashion

Shi_Musouka

So who exactly do we need to contact and with what information about being a model? How would the process go exactly?

I contacted a Fashion Show head at today's staff meeting, but I think I forgot most of what she said. I kinda feel like it was a little too late to join in.

Captaine Kit

Send it to me, or David, or Veronica.
My email is here.  If you talked to the Fashion Show head, that's me.  If you wrote down your contact info already, David will send you your release form.

It is already a little bit late for people whose contact info I don't have.  If you are interested in being a Vol in the dressing rooms (need men and women), then you must inform me and make sure you say so in Vols signup.  If you are interested in being a Vol in ushering, then you must wear all black and one bright colored accessory, or we will furnish you with one.

Before you do anything, consider this:
Email is the best, best way to get any information to me.  It's very unusual for me to check the forums to answer any questions.

Long

Quote from: "Captaine Kit"Send it to me, or David, or Veronica.
My email is here.  If you talked to the Fashion Show head, that's me.  If you wrote down your contact info already, David will send you your release form.

It is already a little bit late for people whose contact info I don't have.  If you are interested in being a Vol in the dressing rooms (need men and women), then you must inform me and make sure you say so in Vols signup.  If you are interested in being a Vol in ushering, then you must wear all black and one bright colored accessory, or we will furnish you with one.

Before you do anything, consider this:
Email is the best, best way to get any information to me.  It's very unusual for me to check the forums to answer any questions.
If there's ever a need for an extra model, I'll take up post. Or if you need help around, I could see what I can do. What is the time for the Fashion Show so I may schedule around it. It will be very difficult however for me to get to San Jose for any pre-con meetings. =]

Captaine Kit

Old topic:
Model and designer issues on this thread are closed.  If you are interested in modeling, you must email me.  I might ask you to do just the photo shoot, or just the fashion show, or both.  It really depends on the needs of designer, photographer and model.

+ edit: If you wish to model in the actual event, you must be committed to 13th, 20th and 27th May.  You should send your phone number, age and email to David Vuong, [email protected].  He is co-producing the event, and he is the current model contact.  Once we know you're absolutely committed, you will receive a model release form.

New topic:
Seeking usage of interesting furniture and furnishings.  Includes small tables, pillows, rugs, lamps, and hangings.  I would like to use these to decorate the Salon space at Artist Alley.

Those who have something interesting to let me borrow or have, please inform me so.  The themes I want to cover are 60s rock, Victorian proper (Victorian gothic), and Japonisme--ask me for my diagram.  Anything helps.

+ edit: If you wish to volunteer to dress the models or usher, then sign up with Vol-Hole (Volunteer Ops) during the convention.
Thanks.

taffyuko

Hey, Rebecca here.  From the meeting on April the 8th, Teri set the deadline for the designers on the 29th (3 weeks).  I'm not sure if the deadline is still the same or if it would be extended for another week.  I see that there are dates where the models need to be free on the 13th, 20th, and of course the 27th.  So the 1st date mentioned should be when all outfits must be finished and ready for the show?

Many of the items that my group and I have been completed and we are really close to being done.  But I just want to be cleared up on the "deadline."  It'd be great if you can email me at [email protected] or just leave a reply on the messageboard.  Thanks.
"Real men have curves."

"Oh really?  Real men also wear pink."

- Zack & Yuko Conversation

Captaine Kit

Clothing should be finished on the 29th of April.  They do not need to be fitted then, just complete 'enough' so that we can gather and pin.

Models who want to do photos need to be available on the 13th and 20th of May.  We will try to get their measurements during the shoot on the 13th.  On the 20th, we will try to get all the other models' measurements.  27th May is the fashion show.

:!: I would like to know if there is anyone available to look at drawings, ask good questions, and draft the last of my designs and cut them too.
:!: I would like to know if there is anyone available to sew the last of my designs which have been cut.
You must live in the South Bay for this to work.  Please reply now, before 29th April approaches.

Nina Star 9

D: if i have to be there on the 13th AND 20th, i might not be able to. the distance thing is a little hard to deal with... >> maybe i can find a ride... i will try my best to! but i probably will not know for usre until right before those dates... >>

Captaine Kit

Let me clarify, cause I know I suck at communicating sometimes.

13th. Anyone who's available on that date will do photo shoot and be measured. They will be on the fashion show on the 27th.

20th. Anyone who's available on that date will be in the fashion show on the 27th.

Anyone I have asked to be in the show and isn't available on those dates, I will speak to them personally regarding availability.  Nina, you are one of them.

Midnight Ryoko

I'd like to be in this in my Kyo Filth costume...tell me what I need to do.
"If all the world was painted dark, and all the skies turned grey, then please tell me [if you could] when would it be day?"

Captaine Kit

There are no 'costumes' of other people's imagination in this show.

If you have designed:
· articles or a collection of articles
· that is influenced by J-rock, or GL, or EGL, or whatever L,
· or influenced by other styles around the world
· but isn't a carbon copy from photographs, games, or manga you have seen

then you can wear it or put it on models in the fashion show.

If you have clothing that is a carbon copy of something, that's what Der Cosplay is for.

Midnight Ryoko

"If all the world was painted dark, and all the skies turned grey, then please tell me [if you could] when would it be day?"

Captaine Kit

If you are wearing a costume that is specifically from a J-rocker's photo shoot, or an identifiable outfit from a character in game/animation/comics that is, in fact, in publication, then your business is with Der Cosplay.

If your clothing is made to follow a mood, a lifestyle or a theme but is not in publication, then your business is with the fashion show.  General, no-brainer questions will no longer be answered.  All business with the fashion show must be addressed to [email protected].

MeliCat

Okay, so the show is the 27th of May? As I've been e-mailing some of you, I don't live in San Jose, so I can't attend any meeting but I'm still here for you if you need me to teach potential models some runway skills. I'm also okay with hair and make-up, but that isn't my strong point.

If anything unexpected happens and you need someone experienced to walk in the show at the last minute, I'm there for you all in that aspect too.

I'd love to help more, I really want to see this go well, but I'm so short on time and live so far.

Nina Star 9

so, as models, are we going to be able to hit the con at all the day of the show, or are we going to have to stay and practise all day? o-o; *hopes for at least some time to go to the con during the day* D:

Captaine Kit

1) Thanks, Meli.  Could you please come to the rehearsal on the 27th, Ballroom C, from 9 to 11 a.m. to help us out?  Then, 4 to 6 p.m. help keep up team morale by reminding the models of that morning's instruction?  Spectators are welcome.

2) Nina, most everyone will be able to hit the con during the day.  Those who have a little more stuffed in their making-Fanime-happen schedule, we'll be making sure that our ship is in shape!  It is a matter of fact for models that the rehearsal starts at 9 sharp and the event setup begins at 4 sharp.

Nina Star 9

so should i show up to rehearsal in normal clothes and the undies i will wear for the show? are we dressing at rehearsal?

sorry for having so many questions. ^-^;

MeliCat

Captain Kit: No problem, I'll be there at rehearsal and again in the evening and I'll stay for the whole show.

I have one request: is there anyway the models can bring the shoes they'll be wearing in the show to practice? If some are wearing multiple pairs, at least bring the most difficult ones to walk in?

taffyuko

Teri and Veronica...

I.MCSCHERZO IS CONFUSED.

[/u]

We have no idea what's going on and we have reached the breaking point of skepticsm.  I mean, we have clothes but do we have the show?

Please relieve our anxiety and neurotic obsession for organization for this event.  We are really, SERIOUSLY doubting any progress at the moment.
"Real men have curves."

"Oh really?  Real men also wear pink."

- Zack & Yuko Conversation

Chikiru

Well... That was fun.

If this is happening again next year, I might be tempted to join again, although I told myself that if I was too busy, I wouldn't join. We'll see.  :wink: