Started by Captaine Kit, October 20, 2005, 04:15:28 PM

Reasons you would go to a Fanime fashion show:

Check out hot, local fashion.
4 (11.1%)
Check out hot, foreign fashion.
10 (27.8%)
Check out hot models.
5 (13.9%)
See Stage Zero unfold for the first time ever.
5 (13.9%)
I'm always at major Fanime events.
6 (16.7%)
Might be better than a panel I just wandered from.
2 (5.6%)
Fashion show?  at Fanime?  but why?
4 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: October 20, 2005, 04:15:28 PM

how many models are needed i think i got one for you, apparently a lot of people think he's hot, I don't but if you want a picture PM me or mail me at [email protected]
Henry Ong
Marketing Staff
ex-3 minute film head
100%Bishounen meat
FOLLOW THE PATH OF THE SEXY COMMANDO!!!

Chikiru

Ah... We have another question. ^^ll the people in my group were wondering if this fashion show is for sure going to be held. They're getting really excited. XD

Long

Damn... I'm torn between being a judge, a designer, or a model. >_>

However, I wouldn't make a very prolific designer, but I might have a few good ideas. Add that to the fact, I'm not much of a seamstress person. -.-;

Maybe me and Nina Star could work together to make a designer group, and perhaps gather some recruits at the local Anime Club to do the dirty work. xO

Chikiru

Quote from: "Long"Damn... I'm torn between being a judge, a designer, or a model.

Is it possible to be both a designer and a model?? o.o

Nina Star 9

Quote from: "Long"
Maybe me and Nina Star could work together to make a designer group, and perhaps gather some recruits at the local Anime Club to do the dirty work. xO
dirty work... XD we should start a cosplay club at school and make them do the dirty work. XD

but seriously, i really probably cannot be a desinger. not enough time to make allt he designs AND my complex cosplay. ;-;

unless you helped, long...

Long

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"
Quote from: "Long"
dirty work... XD we should start a cosplay club at school and make them do the dirty work. XD

but seriously, i really probably cannot be a desinger. not enough time to make allt he designs AND my complex cosplay. ;-;

unless you helped, long...
If it's what it takes to get you to design with me... Then sure. xP xD

Much of the work will be sketching. Each of us will turn in 8 Sketches by Christmas Break then narrow it down to the keepers. We'll see if anyone else has any designing skills from anime club. Then we force the wierd otaku-people from the anime club leftover to do gruntwork (ie. Cutting fabric and other menial labor). The more outfits we produce the better. Fabric purchasing won't be a problem, we'll just hold up the local Beverly's, and steal their old-lady craft making devices. ;D

When do you want me to help you with your outfit, I'm usually free after most schooldays. =]

Nina Star 9

i get all the joann's ads and hancock's ads and watch for the good sales, so that will not be too bad if the fabric is on sale. :D (also, i already have most of the fabric for two of my desings, one already made, and some fabric i could use for another one...)

i already have like, four full outfit sketches, and three acessory sketches... so that will not be a problem. :D

yay! this may actually be possible for me! :D

Long

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"i get all the joann's ads and hancock's ads and watch for the good sales, so that will not be too bad if the fabric is on sale. :D (also, i already have most of the fabric for two of my desings, one already made, and some fabric i could use for another one...)

i already have like, four full outfit sketches, and three acessory sketches... so that will not be a problem. :D

yay! this may actually be possible for me! :D
Yay! Go Group... Uh... We should come up with a name for our group. >_>

well count me in as a model, i just need to work on my walking
Henry Ong
Marketing Staff
ex-3 minute film head
100%Bishounen meat

Captaine Kit

Here's your update, folks!

Designers:
Quote from: "Captaine Kit"Well if you need to make sure your cosplay is of high quality, then maybe you should stick to that.  Minimum number of concepts: 20-ish.  Like 6-8 outfits, 6 tops, 4 bottoms, 2 one-piece items, and whatever (all with accessories).  For sure, they won't all get made.  

:!: We actually need models for this show, and I bet our cosplay community is rich with willing candidates. :!:
I think in the first meeting, I'll ask for 40 concept sketches, clean and legible, and we'll decide on 20 of them which bring out the best of you.
♠Designers can PM or email me with a a short description of the nuances, the philosophy, the feeling--things decribing the target 'consumer' or activity that this line is for.  Is it of this world or of a fictional one?
♠If you want to design for either the 'real' fashion show, or the proposed 'adult' show, or both, show me those designs!
♠If you cannot meet in December, send me all your concepts via e-mail so that we can get you your show!

Models:
Quote from: "Captaine Kit to Model Management"Hey, Veronica.  It's Monday, and I finally have a moment to breathe.  I have my first year Industrial Design Review coming up.  I'm so excited!  Here's my proposal for the model try-outs and the designers meeting:

For the weekend of 17th & 18th December I would like to have the try-outs at my house since weekends are best for you.  Should your contact information be in the FanimeCon bb, or maybe I'll inform the models who are interested, in a private message, that they should email you?  

I'm also having a barbecue on that Saturday evening, so maybe we could integrate the try-outs with that?  It'd be a great social gathering.

More try-outs from the 19th thru 22nd if people can't make weekends--do you think evenings or afternoons would be better for people?  Decisions will be made before the weekend.  I'm open to all that because that would be the week after my finals, and the semester will be officially over.

Models who absolutely cannot make tryouts [edit]attend tryouts in San Jose must send you their headshots and a description of their figure.  I'm confident that those who have their heart set on becoming a model will overcome embarrassment issues about the body--models must be confident and committed!  They must also send a description of their modeling/cosplay experience and whether they intend to be a part of the Catwalk too, to resolve scheduling differences and see if they want help on cosplay before the Catwalk event.  This will be the general format of our interviews.

I think one day out of the weekend of 23rd-25th should be for the designers to meet the models and set the groundwork for the fashion show.  We'll plan the direction of our designs, what type of models we want to wear our designs, and the schedule for each month up to FanimeCon.

I love the amount of feedback that's being generated here.  The show will be a success!
FanimeCon Presents: Antagonite Fashion

Long

A question to Captaine Kit:

Will you be providing information as to the location of your house for the meeting? Also, it would be a terrible life-saver if the meeting would be sometime near a staffing meeting, that way we could hit two-in-one. It's annoying living all the way Sacramento, it would be a real gas-killer to have to make two trips to San Jose in one month. >_>

Also, there should be some deciding on Background tracks to play while models are "walking". Sometimes it's good to synchronize walking with the track, especially if said track has different rhythms.

Nina Star 9

okay, i have decided. ^-^ since i have little time for desgining, and i think it woudl be a killer on me to be both a desinger in the fashion show, a participant in the cosplay catwalk, and possibly on staff, i have decided that i am intrested in being a model. ^-^ so will compile a portfolio (since i also live in sacramento and it will be nearly impossible for me to get to san jose for the meet...)

Long

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"okay, i have decided. ^-^ since i have little time for desgining, and i think it woudl be a killer on me to be both a desinger in the fashion show, a participant in the cosplay catwalk, and possibly on staff, i have decided that i am intrested in being a model. ^-^ so will compile a portfolio (since i also live in sacramento and it will be nearly impossible for me to get to san jose for the meet...)
I could take you Faye, as long as its only that month, we'll go to a staffer meeting in January instead of December as well.

Besides, it's fun to keep busy during Fanime. =D

So you're not going to design anymore?

Nina Star 9

no, not going to desgin anymore.

and i doubt my mom would let me get into a car with you and drive to san jose, okay? XD

Long

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"no, not going to desgin anymore.

and i doubt my mom would let me get into a car with you and drive to san jose, okay? XD
Pah, you need to get to San Jose in the first place to tryout for modelling.

You don't have to go to San Jose to be a Designer. Please please please please!!!! The group won't be "Charred-Alice" without Alice! All you have to do is draw concept sketches. I'd work out the technical stuff, and we already have the slaves. XD

do i have to go to san jose to try out as a model, i believe captain kit knows who i am
Henry Ong
Marketing Staff
ex-3 minute film head
100%Bishounen meat

Captaine Kit

Quote from: "Chikiru"Is it possible to be both a designer and a model?? o.o
Although it's not considered professional in some circles, for this show it's possible to be a designer and model.  We can work something where you don't have to walk as a model toward the end of the show (when the designers show themselves!).

Quote from: "et al"dirty work
I discourage getting club members to do the clothing construction, although the help would be nice.  I'd like to avoid making them responsible for mistakes or time constraints, and I discourage y'all from getting into a possible cheat-mode by claiming other's designs for yourself.

Designers have the option of attending meetings so that they can all get and use resources on clothing construction.  There is no limit to the number of people who come to work at my house.  We have access to machines, and we plan to make the knowledge available to costumers and 'unschooled' designers in the Bay Areal.  We just have to agree on a good time to sit down and help each other.

Quote from: "Long"Will you be providing information as to the location of your house for the meeting? Also, it would be a terrible life-saver if the meeting would be sometime near a staffing meeting, that way we could hit two-in-one. It's annoying living all the way Sacramento, it would be a real gas-killer to have to make two trips to San Jose in one month. >_>

Also, there should be some deciding on Background tracks to play while models are "walking". Sometimes it's good to synchronize walking with the track, especially if said track has different rhythms.
If you're interested in coming to my place, PM me for the info.  I live in San Jose--of course we can meet immediately after the Fanime staff meeting. As the fashion collective, we should make it easy and keep people involved.  (See the edit in my previous post here.)  By the way, when is the next staff meeting?  I shouldn't have to ask, I know.

Yeah, the ambiance, the stage choreography, the music, the lights--none of that will be assigned to the designers.  The "walk" and other aspects of modeling will come from Veronica, and the models have from now till the tryouts to show work what they have so far.  Still, you have all the time until May to learn our walk!  All that stuff will follow when people tell me what their clothing line is all about, and that's when we decide to give it attitude and character!

Chikiru

Quote from: "Captaine Kit"Here's your update, folks!

Designers:

I think in the first meeting, I'll ask for 40 concept sketches, clean and legible, and we'll decide on 20 of them which bring out the best of you.
♠Designers can PM or email me with a a short description of the nuances, the philosophy, the feeling--things decribing the target 'consumer' or activity that this line is for.  Is it of this world or of a fictional one?
♠If you want to design for either the 'real' fashion show, or the proposed 'adult' show, or both, show me those designs!
♠If you cannot meet in December, send me all your concepts via e-mail so that we can get you your show!

Models:
Quote from: "Captaine Kit to Model Management"Hey, Veronica.  It's Monday, and I finally have a moment to breathe.  I have my first year Industrial Design Review coming up.  I'm so excited!  Here's my proposal for the model try-outs and the designers meeting:

For the weekend of 17th & 18th December I would like to have the try-outs at my house since weekends are best for you.  Should your contact information be in the FanimeCon bb, or maybe I'll inform the models who are interested, in a private message, that they should email you?  

I'm also having a barbecue on that Saturday evening, so maybe we could integrate the try-outs with that?  It'd be a great social gathering.

More try-outs from the 19th thru 22nd if people can't make weekends--do you think evenings or afternoons would be better for people?  Decisions will be made before the weekend.  I'm open to all that because that would be the week after my finals, and the semester will be officially over.

Models who absolutely cannot make tryouts [edit]attend tryouts in San Jose must send you their headshots and a description of their figure.  I'm confident that those who have their heart set on becoming a model will overcome embarrassment issues about the body--models must be confident and committed!  They must also send a description of their modeling/cosplay experience and whether they intend to be a part of the Catwalk too, to resolve scheduling differences and see if they want help on cosplay before the Catwalk event.  This will be the general format of our interviews.

I think one day out of the weekend of 23rd-25th should be for the designers to meet the models and set the groundwork for the fashion show.  We'll plan the direction of our designs, what type of models we want to wear our designs, and the schedule for each month up to FanimeCon.

Okay... I have some more questions (I like clarification. =3):

1. For models... How fast would the selection process be?
        I'm only worried that I won't get the measurements quick enough to actually make the outfits. ><

2. ....Never mind, I forgot. >.>

But besides those, I think I'm pretty much questioned-out. at least, for now. ^^;; I like the idea of the designers being able to show themselves afterwards. =333

Soo... I guess I'm just waiting for any announcement about the specific date and location of the first meeting meeting for designers. Thank you thank you thank you. XD

Long

So 8 different outfit designs each may constitute 20 different pieces, add that to two people, which makes 40 different pieces altogether? Is that how it works? Can we send you the designs and such through email for confirmation? I may also try the modeling thing, I dunno. >_> I may or may not be able to make it to San Jose. It depends on the disposition of my parents and if they're willing to let me take the car 200 miles away or not. I don't get my jeep until January. ;-;

And we weren't heading towards the path of stealing designs. What was meant was that we could get potential designers to join our designing group and come to the con from the club. Stealing work is dirty, and not something we would ever stoop to. We're attempting to recruit people from the anime club to attend the con anyhow.

Also the next Staff meeting will be December 11, and the one after that is January 21.

Captaine Kit

Like whoaz.  You board people like ta quote the big stuff!

To clarify:
No one will meet Christmas weekend--a bad on my part.  I'm so bogged down with Industrial Design review.

Everyone who's interested in modeling or designing, give me your name and your email address (in a pm) NOW so you can receive your submission kit within 24 hours. All model and design submissions are due 1 January 2006. All criteria are outlined in this kit.

Models must either show up at try-outs or e-mail Veronica Porras.  The selection of models begins after New Year's.  If you are selected, you must sign a model release.

Designers: I need only one representative from your group to contact me.  When I have seen and reviewed all your designs, then you will be given a designer release to sign in 2006.

This forum topic is now open for ideas for the format of the 'performance' and ideas about fashion in general.