Resident Evil Gathering 2006

Started by Imari-chan, October 22, 2005, 09:57:39 PM

Zekke

man,I cant wait for may, this is gonna be great.

Captaine Kit

Poetry, cause I would have wanted to do Milla Jovovich's character, but I am not the gathering type and instead turn my efforts to the spoken word:

Cosplay, how do I define thee?

a phenomenon of theatrics
a subculture
an excuse to be yourself
an excuse to be not yourself
an emerging profession
a tumultous relationship of sweat and tears [haha, seams.]
some crazy convention thang

Gathering, how do you define too?

a play within a play
thislandish food and language and gadget + thatlandish clothing
too many underdog characters (supporting role)
not enough of the star character (for some reason . . . )
big boat of long-labored investment
one-time-use theatrics, most appropriate for disposable cameras
that other crazy thingos

Maybe I'll read this at a late-nite poetry slam on Friday and Sunday of the convention?
FanimeCon Presents: Antagonite Fashion

Zekke

The_Merchant

6:30 on saturday sounds good
What Are Ya Buyin?

Imari-chan

Quote from: "The_Merchant"6:30 on saturday sounds good

Opps I forgot to post here. We have decided on 5:30. Sounds good? And Is that alright for everyone? A lot of the others said ok already. (^^) And for the others who are not posting but are going, you are welcomed. :D Or if you need to confirm, be sure to post. :)

~Imari

Reupdated List...
Resident Evil Gathering (Cosplay.com's list)
Me - Yoko
SohjiroX - Leon
BART Boy - RPD Officer
Kasui_Enoki - Ashley Grahm
xcascax - Leon
Judas Priest - RPD Officer/RPD Zombie Officer
Medic - Umbrella Soilder in Riot Gear
Mordyan - Chainsaw Maniac
Saiyan Princess - Jill Valentine
(Fanime board)
The_Merchant - Merchant
Zekke - Umbrella Op

The_Merchant

Quote from: "Imari-chan"
Quote from: "The_Merchant"6:30 on saturday sounds good

Opps I forgot to post here. We have decided on 5:30. Sounds good? And Is that alright for everyone? A lot of the others said ok already. (^^) And for the others who are not posting but are going, you are welcomed. :D Or if you need to confirm, be sure to post. :)

~Imari

Reupdated List...
Resident Evil Gathering (Cosplay.com's list)
Me - Yoko
SohjiroX - Leon
BART Boy - RPD Officer
Kasui_Enoki - Ashley Grahm
xcascax - Leon
Judas Priest - RPD Officer/RPD Zombie Officer
Medic - Umbrella Soilder in Riot Gear
Mordyan - Chainsaw Maniac
Saiyan Princess - Jill Valentine
(Fanime board)
The_Merchant - Merchant
Zekke - Umbrella Op

heheheh  I'm technically on both lists stranger heheheheh and 5:30 is cool with me.
What Are Ya Buyin?

80sninja

this is my second year at fanime, ill be wearing differant costumes each day but my best is my hunk uniform which ill be wearing, see ya there, where is the everyone meeting at
heaven and hell..lets rock!!

Imari-chan

Quote from: "80sninja"this is my second year at fanime, ill be wearing differant costumes each day but my best is my hunk uniform which ill be wearing, see ya there, where is the everyone meeting at

We'll be meeting at the convention Lobby at 5:30 on saturday. ;)

80sninja

hey, im already back home, had a great time but wish i could of walked around with you guys more, im also bummed that they didnt let em show off my custom mp5 (aghhhh) anyway ill probably take picks and post...anyway look forward to seeing some picks!!!
heaven and hell..lets rock!!

Zekke

WELL ALLLLLRIGHT!!! :D  that was possible the best day of Con I have had. The photo shoot was awsome, the walking was fun, I wonder when they are gonna have the pictures up on here.

That was a very great day, hope to see all of you guys again next year, oh and to bart boy and his friend next year, if we do RE again, i will totally join you guys in the masquerade next time.  :o

Mordyan

Had a blast at the photo shoot. Didnt realize how popular dr salvidor/chainsaw guy was.... so many pictures taken. It was a blast!

The_Merchant

A massiv RE skit for masquerade would have been cool.  I just managed to pull together a few others when the group I gathered together with the help of a leon and Pyramid Head performed at masquerade ^^
What Are Ya Buyin?

Zekke

I cant find any pics of the RPD vs Umbrella pose we did, i wanna see it!

The_Merchant

If you want some pics I posted a few myself and those posted by Eurobeat King.  My favorite is the one where Dr. Salvador and i are running at each other with chainsaws heheheheh
What Are Ya Buyin?

Lulu_Valentine

Omfg, that Resident Evil skit was soooo much fun!! I was Jill Valentine on Sunday, if you guys didn't know. WE GOTTA DO THAT AGAIN NEXT YEAR!!

Sig and ava made by me. Will take any requests.

VictimX

I really wish I could of made it out there... I can't wait till the pictures show up.

The_Merchant

Quote from: "Lulu_Valentine"Omfg, that Resident Evil skit was soooo much fun!! I was Jill Valentine on Sunday, if you guys didn't know. WE GOTTA DO THAT AGAIN NEXT YEAR!!

Definitely stranger it will be on the agenda heheheh
What Are Ya Buyin?

UnlimitedMP

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7684996881772973601&q=Resident+Evil

I thought you guys might enjoy this.  I sure did.  For a fan-made 40min cosplay re-enactment of RE4, it was well done and absolutely hilarious.

Don't let the length of it deter you :)
The look, the feel, of polyester.

Lulu_Valentine

Anybody know when they're going to post the videos from the masquerade? I really want to see those.

@Merchant - PM me your number. I've got Jared's, Medic's, and Pyramid head's number. Do you have Austin's number?

Sig and ava made by me. Will take any requests.