paradise kiss

Started by DayDreamerNessa, October 23, 2005, 09:17:25 PM

DayDreamerNessa

I was intorduced to this manga back in feburary, and absolutely loved it. Recently, the t.v. series has started for this series as well. here's a link to the t.v. series website http://parakiss.tv/_pkiss/ i've seen the 2 episodes and there nice to watch because it's very true to the story.

anyways, i personally really like it, and it's definately one of my faves, i suggest it to anyone.

anyone else love this series?
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Nina Star 9

i read the first manga a looong time ago, and i liked it, but i have been too lazy to get the rest of the series. i really like what i have read, though. ^-^

MeliCat

Oh! Cool! I really enjoyed the manga, I'll have to check out the series now.

digimel11

i read the manga aaaaaaages ago (i was haunting the tokyopop website for days waiting for updates on releases) and now that the anime is out, i haunt animesuki for updates on the fansub releases! i love parakiss to pieces! my friends and i would read it in school and pass it around when we were finished. i was sooo excited when i heard they were making it into anime! ^_^ i'm a very happy mel right now
COSTUME PLANS FOR FANIME 2007: ???

Kurokai

Yeah I read Paradise Kiss volumes 1-5 & I think the fashions are so exotic. (I love all of Ai Yazawa's works). Personally I think the anime is a bit weird looking, but maybe that's just me.
My eyes love you...

serajwl

Miwako is even cuter in anime!!!! i love her voice :3

i love the series

DayDreamerNessa

yeah i adore miwako's voice it's so cute!

KimaLucifer

I must be the only one who doesn't like the anime.

*personally I think they ruined George. Isabella's still worth it though*
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

Leishu

*waits for third episode...*
Kabe ni kono Nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.

hakudoushi

Quote from: "KimaLucifer"I must be the only one who doesn't like the anime.

dont worry, you arent. *dislikes*
no really, i have a pet ninja.

digimel11

i think it might be because of the animation style. it was the same way with BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad, you just had to get used to the style first. the art is a bit raw but it still manages to keep some of the glamour that comes with Ai Yazawa's art style.
COSTUME PLANS FOR FANIME 2007: ???

KimaLucifer

Nah for me I think I just didn't like George anymore personality-wise. It kinda shifted from the one I liked.

I mean, I've seen Gokinjyo Monogatari which is also by her. I didn't mind that one.

But Yazawa...man she's accomplished so much. (Watched Nana a while ago)
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

likkyan

Oh man, I'm so happy with how the ParaKiss animation turned out..!

It's gorgeous, and it really keeps the same elegant, yet quirky feel of Yazawa's art style (Oh god, the scene changes and the ending animation... SO CUTE!).  I love how they presented all of the characters, except, of course, Isabella (but no animated version could possibly do Isabella justice, IMO, unless they spent a LOT more time working on it).  George is so sparkly-cassanova~  I love it! XD  And his outfits had me falling over myself trying to inch closer to the monitor.  Mmm... pinstripes... X3~  And Arashi and Miwako were done so wonderfully (as far as seiyuu and animation goes) <3

Even after finishing the ParaKiss manga, I have to admit, I still love George.  I can't bring myself to hate him.
"Only in Europe can you suck down a fag and be gay, but not homosexual."

pSyChOgArDeN

Yay for the Parakiss! ^^ Im so obsessed with that manga series right now ... wow... actually, I love all of Ai Yazawa's work! ^^ but i never seent he anime yet though, i want too.. but but i havent yet..;-; I also want to see the NANA movie, and i heard there's going to be a second movie....yay! XD anyways, back to Paradise Kiss... George is like GREAT! XD

Fanime '11 Cosplays:
Ramona Flowers -Scott Pilgrim vs. the Universe
Sakura -Cardcaptor Sakura

<33         

pSyChOgArDeN

Quote from: "hakudoushi"
Quote from: "KimaLucifer"I must be the only one who doesn't like the anime.

dont worry, you arent. *dislikes*

wow mia chanchanners... you really dont like ai yazawa... *depressionnnnn* ;-;

Fanime '11 Cosplays:

<33         

DayDreamerNessa

i think the anime could've been done a 100 times better =(

i mean they didn't do the sex scenes justice!! the manga was more detailed than the anime =/

I personally think they're doing a poor job portraying george and caroline, they seem like different people in the anime and george isn't as forward in the anime as he is in the manga. I mean I know it could be worse than what they've done, but eh. I'm not happy with the anime is all, but i'm still going to watch it.

pSyChOgArDeN

Quote from: "DayDreamerNessa"i think the anime could've been done a 100 times better =(

i mean they didn't do the sex scenes justice!! the manga was more detailed than the anime =/

I personally think they're doing a poor job portraying george and caroline, they seem like different people in the anime and george isn't as forward in the anime as he is in the manga. I mean I know it could be worse than what they've done, but eh. I'm not happy with the anime is all, but i'm still going to watch it.

awww that doesnt sound cool at all... ;-; i hope the NANA anime turns out good... TT__TT

Fanime '11 Cosplays:

<33         

Captaine Kit

Oooh!  A friend informed me about the animation.  It is a combination of the usual 2-D style rendering, and somehow they seamlessly throw in the textures and light effects of 3-D-like coloring.  While I hear that the animation is odd and is unconventional in terms of making the characters fit in with the surroundings, does it (maybe) bring out the clothing designs and the environment a lot more?  Does it feel like the pop art that Ai Yazawa intended it to be?

Those who have dove into Princess Ai, what do you think of the clothing in there?  Is that something you'd see Courtney Love doing?
FanimeCon Presents: Antagonite Fashion

pSyChOgArDeN

Quote from: "Captaine Kit"Oooh!  A friend informed me about the animation.  It is a combination of the usual 2-D style rendering, and somehow they seamlessly throw in the textures and light effects of 3-D-like coloring.  While I hear that the animation is odd and is unconventional in terms of making the characters fit in with the surroundings, does it (maybe) bring out the clothing designs and the environment a lot more?  Does it feel like the pop art that Ai Yazawa intended it to be?

Those who have dove into Princess Ai, what do you think of the clothing in there?  Is that something you'd see Courtney Love doing?

Princess Ai's art is by ai yazawa right? It's so sad, I love lots of Ai Yazawa mangas *Paradise Kiss, NANA, Gokinjo Monogatari, Tenshi Nanka Ja Nai, and Kagen No Tsuki* buuut... i never could get into princess ai.. not even the art.. it's really weird #-#

hm... i guess that makes lots of sense actually.. (with the animation) ^^U

Fanime '11 Cosplays:

<33         

Leishu

The main character designs from Princess Ai were done by Ai Yazawa. Nothing else. She left the staff shortly thereafter.

I agree on it, though. It's really hard for me to get into. I just seems like more of courtney love fulfilling her role as the female William Shatner of Rock n' Roll.
Kabe ni kono Nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.